Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
matteso586

Video Games That Deserve HD Remakes

Let's talk about which video games deserve HD remakes. Especially for the new players. And by HD remakes, I mean the likes of Crash Bandicoot: N Sane Trilogy. Like these three games for example.

1) Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus: Since Sly Cooper is going to get an animated series, it'd make sense for a remake/reboot of the first game to be made. Just like with the first Ratchet & Clank game.

2) The Longest Journey: Due to Dreamfall Chapters, I'm sure not every player is familiar with the two games that preceded it.

3) Sonic Adventure: A remake of that particular game would reintroduce Chaos. And I wonder what Sonic Adventure would look like with modern graphics.

Voice your opinions. And share which video games do you think deserves an HD remake.

Edited by matteso586

Drakengard 3, definitely. I played it a bit before Christmas and kept thinking how much better the game COULD be if it didn't have so many issues. It's not unplayable as is, and I actually genuinely enjoyed it, but the framerate is still bad and the graphics aren't good either (which is a shame since most of the character designs are really nice). Probably would never happen, though.

Actually, a HD remake of Nier would also be cool to see.

I'd love to see an HD remake of Xenoblade Chronicles or The Last Story. While Xenoblade got on to the New 3DS, it'd be nice to see the both of them with cleaner graphics. Plus it'd give more fans opportunities to play some hidden gems and for those who played only Xenoblade 2 an opportunity to play the original. And The Last Story just needs more love cause it's underrated XD (at least for me :p)

MGS1 for sure. Someone did a remake of the intro in Unreal engine 4 and it looked amazing. Too bad it'll never happen and even if it does it wont be good because Kojima is gone

Edited by sagman12PC

Final Fantasy V and VI. Final Fantasy V is actually my favorite FF game with it's amazing job class system, colorful characters, silly story, and it's fairy tale like world setting. I don't need it to look ultra real like the FFVII remake. Just make it like the Secret of Mana remake in terms of visual graphics and I'll be pleased. Maybe one day they'll do it. Maybe one day.

Tomba and Tomba 2. I bet many of you never even heard of these games. Well they are amazing and somewhat ahead of their time. I don't expect these to ever get remakes but I would certainly love them to.

On 12/28/2018 at 7:58 AM, Allwil13 said:

I personally find it infuriating that Final Fantasy VII is getting an HD remake before Final Fantasy VI does. I personally found Final Fantasy VI to be a vastly superior game, and yet it's always overshadowed by VII, so an HD remake of FFVI would be amazing. I would also love to see an HD remake of Chrono trigger and Chrono Cross. And the rest of the Mana series; the Secret of Mana remake was so good!

I have been dying to play VI for the longest time, because I've heard it's one of the best entries in the franchise and that it has one of the most memorable stories and cast of characters! I also like that Kefka actually destroys the world, and he's actually a psychopath! I hope VI gets a remake one day, even if it's for handhelds, like the remake for Final Fantasy IV, which is my favorite FF game. <3

Hmm, a game that I think deserves an HD Remake is The Lord Of The Rings: The Third Age! It was a game that came out one year after the LOTR Trilogy had ended, and the game was an RPG that spanned all three films and had an original cast of characters that interacted with the characters from the films! I loved the game to death because it added lore and locations and awesomeness that really complemented the stories of the films! I feel like this is an underappreciated gem, and I love the voice acting and story flow of this game! Travelling Middle-Earth and having Gandalf as your guide is an awesome experience! And the fact that Ian Mckellen did the voicework for Gandalf and was basically the sage granting you wisdom about the goings on of Middle Earth was always the icing on the cake for me! If any game deserves a remaster/remake, it's this game! But since this was a game made by EA, and since the LOTR license is now with Warner Bros., it may not be a possibility. :(

And now that I think about  it, this game was my first RPG! Because I played this in 2004, and I didn't get into Kingdom Hearts until 2006! 

Edited by The Transcendent Key

pretty much all the games i had one ps1 gex, ape escape, toy story 2(maybe because the level in kingdom hearts made me think of it...shut up!) mega man legends, legend of dragoon, the grandia series, tomba 1 and 2, monster rancher 1 and 2,  the dark clouds,  don't get me started! oh and if sony hadn't planned on it already medievil 2 since the first is being remakestered

Edited by teh lazy prince Xylek

I would honestly have to go with the following:

-Chrono Trigger. This game still ranks in my Top 3 favorite games of ALL time. I would love to get it in a much more detailed capacity rather than just updated sprites. Give us a fully fledged out remake!

-Pokemon Colosseum/XD Gale of Darkness. Those games were SO much fun. If they remade them with todays graphics and a new engine I can see them being just as good, if not better than they were back then.

-Super Mario 64. Odyssey scratched the itch that I've had since that game and Sunshine but I definitely would love to see how they make that specific game in the modern era.

I could also go on for a mile about how I would love an actual, main story style version of KH:358/2 Days and not just the cutscenes and text but I digress...

On 2/4/2019 at 6:24 PM, LunaCatte said:

-Chrono Trigger. This game still ranks in my Top 3 favorite games of ALL time. I would love to get it in a much more detailed capacity rather than just updated sprites. Give us a fully fledged out remake!

-Pokemon Colosseum/XD Gale of Darkness. Those games were SO much fun. If they remade them with todays graphics and a new engine I can see them being just as good, if not better than they were back then.

-Super Mario 64. Odyssey scratched the itch that I've had since that game and Sunshine but I definitely would love to see how they make that specific game in the modern era.

I could also go on for a mile about how I would love an actual, main story style version of KH:358/2 Days and not just the cutscenes and text but I digress...

Yes, I would greatly love a main story style of 358/2 Feels. I crave that so much. The movie is okay but it doesn't capture the true magic of the Seasalt Trio like the game (and manga) do.

14 hours ago, SweetYetSalty said:

Yes, I would greatly love a main story style of 358/2 Feels. I crave that so much. The movie is okay but it doesn't capture the true magic of the Seasalt Trio like the game (and manga) do.

Totally agree with both of you.  The heartbreak and troubles the sea-salt trio go through are WAY more potent when you've actually gone through the hours of gameplay to back it up.  I really wish I hadn't loaned my game copy and never got it back.  :( The movie is okay, but I don't ever find myself going: "hmmm... maybe I should rewatch the 358/2 movie today..." 

I'd also love to see a Sly Cooper trilogy remaster and Chrono Trigger! 

On 2/5/2019 at 12:24 AM, LunaCatte said:

why not go with the very first pokemon Red/blue and gold now that would be really nostalgic.

A remake command and conquer would be nice given that we now get a remastered for warcraft 3 I feel like the strategy genre needs a revival. Also its a clichee to say it on this website but could we a do over for kingdom hearts? Having the plot start after kh1 or hell start off a second timeline by bringing out the first kingdom hearts in the grahpics of kh3? There can be a new saga that starts begins were this one ended and please let it have all the absurd nonsense that we love about kingdom hearts, but I would like to see in an alternativ arc how kingdom hearts could have went down if it was written by...well you know, a sane person

1 hour ago, Dustin Lübbers said:

why not go with the very first pokemon Red/blue and gold now that would be really nostalgic.

I'll be honest, I HAD considered it! But, we did just get Pokemon Let's Go: Pikachu and Eevee, and while they're not fully true to game remakes, they are still updated for the modern era in many aspects and that's the reason why I decided not to list them :) 

Burnout 3: Takedown and Burnout: Revenge

The Sims: Come on EA, Sims 1 with all expansion packs, remastered with current graphics and nothing else: £30. I will but it and I will buy it again just because it would be the best sims game ever. 

Also someone mentioned Metal Gear Solid, I don't think MGS1 should because they could just release The Twin Snakes on current gen consoles as a download game and I would be happy. (Twin Snakes is a remake of MGS1 with graphics and gameplay of MGS2 released for the GameCube). But for the love of all things Kojima, we need a remake of the original Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 games.

I'd like to have HD collection remakes of the PS2 fighting games Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 1-3, Naruto Ultimate Ninja 1-3 & Naruto shippuden Ultimate Ninja 4&5. These fighting games are great fun! :D & why I still have my PS2 console, I think that's it. Already got some HD collection remake games I was wanting, them being Dragonball Z Budokai 1&3 (What happened to 2? :P), Disgaea D2,3&4 & Sly Cooper 1-3. I had the HD collection remake for Devil May Cry 1-3 but that after seeing how they screwed up the collection I took it back the same damn day I got it.  

hmm i would say the star wars force unleashed 1 / 2  they are kinda outdated lol but if not a remake then just a upscale then lol

also why not a proper nascar rumble remake ? : D not a low end sequel to one. <.<

On 2/19/2019 at 10:29 AM, The Unversed said:

I'd like to have HD collection remakes of the PS2 fighting games Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 1-3, Naruto Ultimate Ninja 1-3 & Naruto shippuden Ultimate Ninja 4&5. These fighting games are great fun! :D & why I still have my PS2 console, I think that's it. Already got some HD collection remake games I was wanting, them being Dragonball Z Budokai 1&3 (What happened to 2? :P), Disgaea D2,3&4 & Sly Cooper 1-3. I had the HD collection remake for Devil May Cry 1-3 but that after seeing how they screwed up the collection I took it back the same damn day I got it.  

There are so many games from PS2 era which I want to be redone. I'm happy that Resident Evil remake got proper treatment, though it would be nice to see new version of Dino Crisis also . My other dream is new Warcraft-related game. I'm not a hardcore Blizzard fan but I play WoW and Hearthstone a lot. I even hired a coach on e2p to play better and get ranks faster. By the way, I'm glad about WoW Classic Release and waiting for Warcraft 3 Reforged. How do you think is there a chance we will ever get Warcraft 2 remake?