Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Leamax

UPDATED: Sneak peek of the Kingdom Hearts III opening cinematics revealed; featuring "Face My Fears" by Utada Hikaru and Skrillex

Guest Valier

‫‫I like many electronic genres but not the Skrillex one, his style of dubstep using squeaky voices/soundeffects is irritating en destroys everything, you can't put aggrotech music merged with classical, like merging water and oil, so same here.

The song starts very well, a ballad (Hikaru's current style of music) but then... then it turns into something awful and horrible in the caliber of a YouTube Summer cliché video clip.

Video: 10/10

Song: 5/10 (only saved by Hikaru's part).

That's my sincere opinion. I don't like it, and I think this is a very bad song for the final game of the franchise.

3 hours ago, Merilly said:

The possibility is there since it was very similar to KH2's fight between them. It could be like in past openings where they simply did a recap of a lot of events from past games without being 100% accurate.

I agree completely. KH2's opening had basically just a recap of the events from Hollow Bastion in the fiirst game to the end of CoM, and a few symbolic inclusions. It looks like the narrative of this one is that Xehanort has been moving all the pieces into place for his master plan, and it's recapping all the events that led us here. I highly doubt Roxas and Axel/Lea will be pitted against each other.

27 minutes ago, Ursalink said:

Wait, does this mean tomorrow are we no longer having a new trailer? Or this one was a preview for tomorrow FULL trailer?

There is none coming tomorrow. The 10th referred to was in Japanese time, so that was basically the video that was announced.

4 minutes ago, Merilly said:

There is none coming tomorrow. The 10th referred to was in Japanese time, so that was basically the video that was announced.

Curses!! Well, I hope the next one on 18th (or maybe 17th) will be a little better. The waiting is seriously killing me. Years waiting for this game to come out, and waiting for it one more month is getting forever. 

2 hours ago, Ursalink said:

Curses!! Well, I hope the next one on 18th (or maybe 17th) will be a little better. The waiting is seriously killing me. Years waiting for this game to come out, and waiting for it one more month is getting forever. 

Haha, true. The last few weeks and days are always the longest. :D Though we've been blessed with a lot of information in comparison to other games. It doesn't make the wait much shorter but it's still great.

5 hours ago, PrinceNoctis said:

Wasn't the last Simple and Clean mix EDM as well? Maybe I'm mistaken, but the Ray of Hope Remix didn't sound all that different from EDM and everyone seemed to like it. And the PlanitB Remix was electronica which is basically EDM's predecessor. I personally like the song, especially lyrically.

Yeah, they were. Maybe a different type of EDM but EDM nonetheless. Though admittedly, I did not particularly enjoy either opening. But most were at least somewhat bearable but the part starting from around the minute mark in Face my Fears really makes my ears hurt. Not figuratively speaking, they literally hurt because the sound is jarring. But I have hyperacusis and I'm extremely sensitive to frequencies in that spectrum due to that so I can't really say it's bad just because I can't stand it and won't be able to get used to it. I guess I'm not too good with EDM as a whole, that's why I don't think Skrillex has done anything to make me dislike it. I just never found it appealing since it's made so people can dance to it, too and doesn't focus too much on lyrics.

Though from a lyrical standpoint, it's rather good and fitting from what we could hear so far. Simple and Clean, Sanctuary and Don't Think Twice all sounded rather odd for KH because you really had to squint to make out the tiniest of connections. If they were even there.

But I don't think it's bad to like it. Especially if you like EDM or this type of music, I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I understand that tastes are really different after all, which is why I don't get that there are seriously arguments about whether this song is good or not as if there are objective criteria to determine the quality of music...

Edited by Merilly

5 hours ago, Merilly said:

Haha, true. The last few weeks and days are always the longest. :D Though we've been blessed with a lot of information in comparison to other games. It doesn't make the wait much shorter but it's still great.

Yeah, they were. Maybe a different type of EDM but EDM nonetheless. Though admittedly, I did not particularly enjoy either opening. But most were at least somewhat bearable but the part starting from around the minute mark in Face my Fears really makes my ears hurt. Not figuratively speaking, they literally hurt because the sound is jarring. But I have hyperacusis and I'm extremely sensitive to frequencies in that spectrum due to that so I can't really say it's bad just because I can't stand it and won't be able to get used to it. I guess I'm not too good with EDM as a whole, that's why I don't think Skrillex has done anything to make me dislike it. I just never found it appealing since it's made so people can dance to it, too and doesn't focus too much on lyrics.

Though from a lyrical standpoint, it's rather good and fitting from what we could hear so far. Simple and Clean, Sanctuary and Don't Think Twice all sounded rather odd for KH because you really had to squint to make out the tiniest of connections. If they were even there.

But I don't think it's bad to like it. Especially if you like EDM or this type of music, I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I understand that tastes are really different after all, which is why I don't get that there are seriously arguments about whether this song is good or not as if there are objective criteria to determine the quality of music...

Yeah I'm not a fan of EDM either. To me 2010 to early 2015 (when EDM was thriving) were the dark years of music. But I do enjoy this song for some reason, I do think the beat drop is a little generic...especially when we got songs like Sanctuary and Don't Think Twice which are very unique. But yeah, aside from the generic beat drop, I like it. The piano, lyrics, the melody and Utada's voice...there are more positive then negatives to me. I hope you can still enjoy the opening despite your condition.

EDIT: After watching for the 10 000th time, I've grown to not dislike the beat drop. It's still generic, but I like it. Love the song. I actually think this is the best KH song yet...

Edited by PrinceNoctis

9 hours ago, Movies798 said:

Kingdom Hearts 3 opening was amazing and pretty hype! But I feel like some of the parts was cut. I think it's not the full opening movie. My favorite part was seeing Xion in Unreal Engine! Not feeling the new opening song but in time I think I'll get used to it. Don't Think Twice is still better in my opinion. Anyway, I'm hype for to play this game!

You'd be right! This is merely a little sneak peak of the full thing. I think it was said on Kingdom Hearts's Twitter.

13 hours ago, Valier said:

I like many electronic genres but not the Skrillex one, his style of dubstep using squeaky voices/soundeffects is irritating en destroys everything, you can't put aggrotech music merged with classical, like merging water and oil, so same here.

The song starts very well, a ballad (Hikaru's current style of music) but then... then it turns into something awful and horrible in the caliber of a YouTube Summer cliché video clip.

Video: 10/10

Song: 5/10 (only saved by Hikaru's part).

That's my sincere opinion. I don't like it, and I think this is a very bad song for the final game of the franchise.

Your thoughts on the song is fine. But you do know that this isn't the final game in the franchise? Just of the Xehanort Saga. It's been made clear multiple times by Nomura that this isn't the very last game.

20 minutes ago, NemesisSP said:

Your thoughts on the song is fine. But you do know that this isn't the final game in the franchise? Just of the Xehanort Saga. It's been made clear multiple times by Nomura that this isn't the very last game.

I hope KH3 and other Kingdom Hearts live up to fans' hype.

18 hours ago, Merilly said:

The possibility is there since it was very similar to KH2's fight between them. It could be like in past openings where they simply did a recap of a lot of events from past games without being 100% accurate.

Apart from that, I'm not a fan of the song. I don't blame that on Skrillex and neither on Utada, and I wouldn't go as far as saying either of them ruined it, it's simply not my cup of tea. The high pitch and the jarring sounds mixing together are grating on my ears, especially because I'm really sensitive to sound. But that's not their fault, it's simply a different genre and I'll just deal with it in the same way I'll deal with Chikai. Both will only be there for around 4 minutes and the rest will be different.

Otherwise, the opening is noticeably darker in regard to colors, which is probably fitting the premise of the final battle theme. But it still looks stunning and I do enjoy the different style in CGI ever since 0.2. It feels more native to KH while all previous openings leaned more toward Final Fantasy in my opinion.

It's also interesting that Young Xehanort seems to have a different eye color and I doubt it's a mistake this time. Ever since Terranort had brown eyes in BBS, I wondered if Xehanort actually had a different look altogether before becoming more interested in darkness. Of course it could possibly be the influence of Eraqus or colors mixing, but Terra has blue eyes so it always struck me as odd why he would have brown eyes as Terranort.

All in all, I'm happy that this part of the trailer doesn't spoil much, if anything at all. It looks more like previous openings which were more or less a compilation of events from the past and it would be suitable if the full opening retains that. We don't really need the opening to spoil anything like the secret ending of KH2 and opening of BBS did for that game.

After rewatching it a few times, it does look like this battle is more symbolic of the role of Xemnas in ruining the friendship of Roxas etc and thus forced the battle we saw in KH2. I agree with you about the songs, whilst I do prefer this to Chikai, which I still cannot warm too, it doesn't have the same affect Simple and Clean or Sanctuary had. That being said, the trailer seemed well edited and perhaps flowing normally, the song might change my mind.

The eye debate is an interesting one as it propels many theories and could play credit to a few 'leaks'. I'm in the air on this one, whilst the silver eyes did look cool, I like the iconic yellow eyes. My issue is, I want the yellow eyes to remain a Xehanort characteristic and having him a puppet or under the influence of someone else, cough MoM cough, just seems too cliche. 

16 hours ago, Allwil13 said:

I agree completely. KH2's opening had basically just a recap of the events from Hollow Bastion in the first game to the end of CoM, and a few symbolic inclusions. It looks like the narrative of this one is that Xehanort has been moving all the pieces into place for his master plan, and it's recapping all the events that led us here. I highly doubt Roxas and Axel/Lea will be pitted against each other.

I want to see a Roxas-nort vs Lea fight.

22 minutes ago, ienzo628 said:

I want to see a Roxas-nort vs Lea fight.

Maybe we'll get one. Just because I don't think it will happen doesn't mean it won't. Maybe you'll get your wish after all. ;)

Guest Valier
On 12/10/2018 at 2:27 AM, NemesisSP said:

‫‫‫‫I know. Of course when I say "the final game" I mean "the final game in the Dark Seeker Saga".

So... I lost to the darkness and watched it... and I AM GLAD I DID :v

The intro presented does give a feel of excitement 'cause of the outstanding graphics and since it only presents past events we already know about it's a stroke of nostalgia but not a spoiler at all... which was super good.

Now the song... I gotta say I LOVED IT. The tempo at the beggining, the lyrics, the dark tone, everything about it is quite good. My only complaint would be in a sense the "dubstep" part of it but even so I liked it, it's a bit different to what we are used to of course, but it does fit with the fighting scenes and it's not super loud as other songs of the genre. I am really looking forward now to a "Ballad/regular version" and of course the main "ending orchestral remix" we always have at the credits.

Overall this was such a nice piece of trailer to hype up and not reveal much. It's even unreal we have a piece of the intro after such a long wait, and thinking the game will be here in around 6 weeks? Man.

P.S. So we skipped for the next trailer from the 18th to the 16th huh? NICE.

After watching it multiple times, I'm beginning to like the sing more and more. After years of Simple & Clean and Sanctuary, people just need to get accustomed to a new song. There's really only a few things to take note of:

-Two of the dark chess pieces clearly have the top of Vexen's shield and Demyx's sitar, so it's nice to get "confirmation" that they're officially a part of the Seekers. It was a little vague for a bit.
-Once again, Marluxia's eyes are not yellow. With all the Union X nonsense, I wonder what he's really up to.
-Despite constantly saying for years this is a 7 vs. 13 situation, this is twice now that we've seen Sora being surrounded by multiple Darknesses and having to fight them on his own. I've got a bad feeling about this...
-Wow. The Organization gloves are a lot shorter than I thought. I assumed they went to the elbow lol
-People have mentioned Xion having silver hair. Um... maybe? It could just be the lighting, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was a Seeker. While KH isn't as complicated and messy as some like to make it seem, fans should be preparing for some unexpected side swapping here and there.

That's all I got for now.

4 hours ago, Green Sparrow said:

After watching it multiple times, I'm beginning to like the sing more and more. After years of Simple & Clean and Sanctuary, people just need to get accustomed to a new song. There's really only a few things to take note of:

-Two of the dark chess pieces clearly have the top of Vexen's shield and Demyx's sitar, so it's nice to get "confirmation" that they're officially a part of the Seekers. It was a little vague for a bit.
-Once again, Marluxia's eyes are not yellow. With all the Union X nonsense, I wonder what he's really up to.
-Despite constantly saying for years this is a 7 vs. 13 situation, this is twice now that we've seen Sora being surrounded by multiple Darknesses and having to fight them on his own. I've got a bad feeling about this...
-Wow. The Organization gloves are a lot shorter than I thought. I assumed they went to the elbow lol
-People have mentioned Xion having silver hair. Um... maybe? It could just be the lighting, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was a Seeker. While KH isn't as complicated and messy as some like to make it seem, fans should be preparing for some unexpected side swapping here and there.

That's all I got for now.

I liked the song the first time, and I've been having it grow a lot more on me the more I watch the trailer. Now to your points in order:

- I did see the resemblance of Vexen's Shield in one of them though I wasn't sure it was Demyx's Sitar in there. Maybe I missed it or it didn't look like that to me, either way I do think he's in.

- The Marluxia Eyes subject in this scenes is due to them being a throwback to KH1, KH:ReCOM and KHII final bosses in which Marluxia had his eyes blue... so no mistake on this one, but the trailer was though since they corrected it later.

- Nothing's on the table yet but he does seem to be pointed at having to fight alone at a later time... that would create one great tension state IMO.

- LOL. Of course those are just small gloves, they aren't from the 30's where females used long sleeve gloves XD

- I believe it's totally a reflection of the lightning but the lack of Xion in these trailers so far has lead me to believe Xion might be a Seeker as well... and I even have another theory which I won't share just yet...

So yeah the trailer / intro sneak peek is quite focusing on past events hence why many things may differ from current events such as the Marluxia Eyes. The real mystery is... XEHANORT'S GREY EYES! :O

On 12/10/2018 at 1:36 AM, PrinceNoctis said:

Yeah I'm not a fan of EDM either. To me 2010 to early 2015 (when EDM was thriving) were the dark years of music. But I do enjoy this song for some reason, I do think the beat drop is a little generic...especially when we got songs like Sanctuary and Don't Think Twice which are very unique. But yeah, aside from the generic beat drop, I like it. The piano, lyrics, the melody and Utada's voice...there are more positive then negatives to me. I hope you can still enjoy the opening despite your condition.

EDIT: After watching for the 10 000th time, I've grown to not dislike the beat drop. It's still generic, but I like it. Love the song. I actually think this is the best KH song yet...

I think that's fine. xD People just enjoy different things and even if you don't like a particular genre, there could still be a song or two you can enjoy despite that. I see no reason to degrade the quality of the song just because it doesn't suit my fancy. And I'm also glad I'm not being rebuked for not liking it either like I've seen happen over on tumblr for example where people claimed that if it wouldn't be Skrillex then people would love it (which makes no sense because I didn't even know who he was before the announcement and I dare say a lot of people have no idea as well). 

Where have the times gone when you could just dislike something without others saying you're a weeb? Why is it that it's suddenly wrong in some people's eyes to love it because they claim everyone is blinded by the franchise? Music is so subjective and we are unable to even explain ehy we dislike it at times. It's sad that people can't come to the agreement that there's no objectively "bad" or "good" music?

I really appreciate your understanding of my issues and I still enjoy the opening by itself. I'll just have to turn down the volume quite a bit but that won't diminish my enioyment by a huge margin. 

14 hours ago, Seyin95 said:

After rewatching it a few times, it does look like this battle is more symbolic of the role of Xemnas in ruining the friendship of Roxas etc and thus forced the battle we saw in KH2. I agree with you about the songs, whilst I do prefer this to Chikai, which I still cannot warm too, it doesn't have the same affect Simple and Clean or Sanctuary had. That being said, the trailer seemed well edited and perhaps flowing normally, the song might change my mind.

The eye debate is an interesting one as it propels many theories and could play credit to a few 'leaks'. I'm in the air on this one, whilst the silver eyes did look cool, I like the iconic yellow eyes. My issue is, I want the yellow eyes to remain a Xehanort characteristic and having him a puppet or under the influence of someone else, cough MoM cough, just seems too cliche. 

And even if it doesn't change your mind, that would be fine too. :D Of course it's always a shame to find the franchise you love using a theme not to your liking but there's no obligation to celebrate it just because it has a connection to KH. I see those two factions arguing against each other when the solution is quite simple. Either they like the song, they're neutral about it or they just don't quite come to enjoy it. We won't change anyone's mind by insisting the song is great when in reality, we can't determine that on a universal level which holds true for everyone.

I do agree that it would be a terrible choice for the narrative to suddenly diminish his role to that of a puppet. I wouldn't want that because they can simply create a new antagonist for the next installments and just have Xehanort be a villain because he wanted to be. Not because he was turned into a puppet or is overthrown. I believe that would make everything that happened so far inconsequential. It already felt like this with KH2 but at least they had some sort of explanation why Ansem SoD wasn't the ultimate evil.

However, it might not be the case so I won't jump to conclusions just yet. A very simple theory would be that it's just a symptom of prolonged exposure to large amounts of darkness or accepting this darkness. It might not mean being possessed but that this person just accepted the darkness or that the dark part in the heart became larger than normal. I'm also grasping at straws because we have no other characters with those traits yet who are not a vessel and confirmed not to be one. However, since the Heartless also have yellow eyes, despite different ones, I would consider it a possibility.