Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Leamax

Single cover for "Face My Fears" has been revealed; pre-orders start December 10th

The cover for "Face My Fears" has been revealed on PlayStation Japan. The cover was designed by Kingdom Hearts Director Tetsuya Nomura.  You can view it below.

Pre-orders for "Face My Fears" begin at midnight EST on December 10th. You can pre-order here. The CD will release on January 18th, 2019.

A vinyl for the CD is coming on March 6th, 2019. We have provided information for the vinyl. (Thanks to KH13 Staff Member NihonScribe and Katie Armstrong for translations).

Side A 1. Face My Fears (Japanese Version)/Hikaru Utada and Skrillex (for game Kingdom Hearts III) Opening Theme 2. Chikai (Ending Theme for KH3)

[Side B] 3. Face My Fears (English Version)/Hikaru Utada and Skrillex (overseas version of game KH3 Opening Theme). 4. Don't Think Twice (Overseas version of game KH3 Ending Theme)

UPDATE [Dec 10, 2018]: Square Enix Press Center have uploaded a HQ version of the Face My Fears cover art as part of the press release for the Kingdom Hearts III opening movie trailer! You can see the cover art and read the press release below.

large.Face_My_FearsJK_final_line.jpg.55667edc1990d8df91c0f841e5f1d3a8.jpg

HIKARU UTADA AND SKRILLEX TEAM UP FOR KINGDOM HEARTS III OPENING THEME SONG
Opening Movie Offers First Listen of EDM Track “Face My Fears”

LOS ANGELES (Dec. 10, 2018) – Internationally renowned singer-songwriter Hikaru Utada and eight-time Grammy Award winner Skrillex lend their talents to the opening movie of KINGDOM HEARTS III, the highly anticipated new title from SQUARE ENIX and Disney.

The opening movie sets players up for the events to come in KINGDOM HEARTS III, as the ultimate battle for light and life comes to an epic conclusion. With the help of his loyal companions Donald and Goofy, Sora will team up with iconic Disney and Pixar characters in an attempt to defeat the darkness and save the universe.

To watch the trailer and listen to “Face My Fears,” visit: https://youtu.be/2VawSnaxtSI.

Fans can pre-order the track on iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/face-my-fears-ep/1444855032?app=itunes

Skrillex, a long-time and self-professed fan of the KINGDOM HEARTS series, shares a close friendship with Hikaru Utada, which fostered the original collaboration, Face My Fears, to celebrate the game’s release. Set to be released on January 18, 2019, the track has been produced in collaboration with Poo Bear, the acclaimed record producer who previously produced Justin Bieber’s multi-platinum selling single, What Do You Mean?

UPDATE[December 10, 2018]: 

On Utada Hikaru's official website, you can now listen to a sample of Face My Fears ! Towards the end of the sample, you can hear a second of a new lyric that was not heard in the opening movie trailer that was released yesterday. We believe the lyric before the sample ends is:

Lose, soon I've nothin' to...

Listen to the sample here!

What do you think the lyric is? Let us know in the comments! 

View full article

Guest Valier

‫‫The cover/artwork is excellent, I like it a lot.