Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KingdomHearts3

What did you think of the sneak preview of Face my Fears?

What did you think of the sneak peek of Face My Fears?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of the sneak peek of Face My Fears?

• Absolutely loved it! I want the whole thing now!
    • I liked it. It was cool.
    • It’s okay. Not exactly what I expected, but okay still.
    • Nope, did not like it at all (state why please).
    • Don’t care/indifferent
    • Another option? Please state below.

Love it! It's really addictive and I could see myself listening to it at least a million times. Utada's voice was beautiful as always and I thought what Skrillex brought to the song was pretty good. I didn't have much of an opinion of Skrillex before this came out and at first I thought I wouldn't like it or I would be indifferent toward it, but I was pleasantly surprised. I Can't wait to hear the full version and see the rest of the opening!

I liked it. The song is really pretty. Love the melody and the piano motif. I don't feel like the beat drop was necessary but it doesn't ruin the song for me. I don't like how fans have been dissing Skrillex though. It seems some people in the KH community are taking some FF community tendencies in wanting everything to remain like it was in 2002 when KH was first released. "Don't Think Twice"/"Chikai" came out, they criticized it. Now they're doing it again. The only way to satisfy them would've been to put a new mix of Sanctuary or Simple and Clean for the opening.

Somebody said the tonal shift made it sound bipolar. To me, the whole song sounds like it's suppossed to be bittersweet (reference to the song lyrics not intended) Miss Utada's vocals paired with piano in the beginning definitely sound pretty sad, but the song switched to a slightly happier tune toward and after the beat drop. Even the lyrics seem really bittersweet. Even though this is a send off to the Xehanort saga, I don't think Kingdom Hearts 3 was ever suppossed to be mostly sad. Kingdom Hearts has always been pretty bittersweet since it does combine the slightly more serious yet out of this world tones of Final Fantasy with the pretty happy-go-lucky Disney goofs, themes of friendship, and it's underlying darker themes. Despite everything being said about it going to be the darkest entry in the series and the ending of it being hard to swallow, I'm sure there will be both tears of joy and tears of sadness being shed in equal amounts when people play this. I wouldn't expect it be Kingdom Hearts if it didn't punch you in the gut and sprinkle in some humor and happy times only to punch you in the gut again while simultaneously putting you're mind through an acid trip. 

I understand why the part after the beat drop wouldn't be everybody's cup of tea considering not everyone likes what kind of music Skrillex produces and a lot of people found the beat drop to be weak or lack luster. I'm not going to call anyone out because they didn't like it since we know not everthing in the game is going to cater to everyone. KH 3 isn't going to be perfect like some people think it is. I, for some reason, really enjoyed it even though the only song I've only really ever heard parts of was "Bangarang."

I have to agree, though, saying Skrillex should F-themselves or never write music again and going as far as to make a fan editted version of the opening with Simple and Clean and calling it the improved version of it is a bit much.

Definitely a case of "Nah I don't like this"

Watches again

"Okay I can kinda dig this"

Watches again

"I love this song!!"

I'm not going to go into a dissertation about Hikaru or Skrillex, or music theory or my personal opinions. Honestly I'm just glad we have a opening, we have a Theme song, the pieces are lining up. I kinda believe we've spent a lot of time , too much, on critiquing the game and it's music. I've waited years of my life, litteraly transitions from childhood to adulthood and at this point I just want to play my game and experience the magic I felt when I first popped in KH1 and 2 all those years ago. 

Edited by Fullmetal Keyblade

I feel like this song (and Dont Think Twice) is getting a lot of hate. I personally really like it. I don’t feel like it’s THAT different from the other two intros. I think some people heard the word dubstep and disliked. 

Dont get get me wrong, I didn’t like Sanctuary at first. I hated it except the heavy part in the castle oblivion section of the intro. I love it now. 

I just hope more people will enjoy it as they hear it more. If not that’s fine too ?‍♂️

I don't like the drop. Future bass or whatever, doesn't matter, it all sounds the same: EDM, dubstep, future bass, or any of the 1 million different variations of it. Don't blame people for not knowing the different styles. There was this comment that perfectly captures why people don't like this particular part. It kinda goes like this: "Imagine Interstellar with EDM".

The song could have done without the horrible drop. Sounded like some stupid generic childish Youtube intros that are practically everywhere. It just doesn't fit. And no, it doesn't pump me up. I keep trying to convince myself that I'll like it more if I keep listening to it, but I just find myself stopping the music when it's about to drop and I'll listen from the start again. And don't compare this to Simple and Clean and Sanctuary, the new song is completely different from those two. They don't have that garbage modern crap Face My Fears has.

Love the rest of the song though, it would have been just fine without crappy EDM/Future Bass(I don't care what it's called stop lecturing me).

It was amaaaaazing! I loved everything about it: the song, the visuals, the chessboard theme. It was so well done! I've lost count of how many times I'ves rewatched it.