Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
tessaxmarie

Opening Trailer - Xehanort Theory

Alright bear with me here, but I just finished watching some KHUX recaps and I'm feeling intrigued by something we saw in the opening trailer this week.

And FEEL FREE to correct me on anything that may not be true because I am by no means an expert in the KHUX storyline. Anyways, so in the opening trailer we see a young Xehanort with no yellow eyes, looking off into the distance at a star or light that's purple in color. Everyone is throwing the idea around that perhaps Xehanort was possessed by some type of evil/darkness/what have you; so what if this was in fact the dark Chirithy nightmare presented before?

doesn't dark chirithy say something along the lines of being free from a vessel (don't know/remember the exact quote) when he's defeated?

Again this is super far out there and maybe i'm just looking for clarification but I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this!!

Dark Chirithy acting like some sort of parasite, that might be an intriguing plot point.  I've seen other properties do it like So Weird.  There was a type of creature called a Will o' Wisp that could take control of people.  A Will o Wisp pretty much takes the form of a ball of light, so Dark Chirithy could have possessed Xehanort through that ball of light in the sky.

Wow! I love this theory; what an interesting idea! It's certainly possible, since we know for sure now that a light Chirithy will be appearing in the game. So it's certainly possible that the Dark Chirithy will also make an appearance. 

The only thing that concerns me is that I don't want there to be too may links to KHUX, just because not everyone is interested playing it, and some people arent able to play it at all. As a result, I'm worried that people will be frustrated if there are too many references to KHUX that they don't understand.

However, it could also be that KH3 will do a good job of explaining the relevant plot elements of Unchained X which would make this no longer an issue. Regardless, I'm kind of hoping that your theory is true. That would be such an awesome twist!

44 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

Wow! I love this theory; what an interesting idea! It's certainly possible, since we know for sure now that a light Chirithy will be appearing in the game. So it's certainly possible that the Dark Chirithy will also make an appearance. 

The only thing that concerns me is that I don't want there to be too may links to KHUX, just because not everyone is interested playing it, and some people aren't able to play it at all. As a result, I'm worried that people will be frustrated if there are too many references to KHUX that they don't understand.

However, it could also be that KH3 will do a good job of explaining the relevant plot elements of Unchained X which would make this no longer an issue. Regardless, I'm kind of hoping that your theory is true. That would be such an awesome twist!

I wonder if Dark Chirithy is a time traveler since UX is set way before YX's time allegedly. 

2 hours ago, ienzo628 said:

I wonder if Dark Chirithy is a time traveler since UX is set way before YX's time allegedly. 

That would certainly explain how this theory could be possible. Time travel has been used in this series before, so I would say it's certainly likely.

54 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

That would certainly explain how this theory could be possible. Time travel has been used in this series before, so I would say it's certainly likely.

Time travel seemed to have started in KH2.

Just now, ienzo628 said:

Time travel seemed to have started in KH2.

It did? I was thinking it first started in BBS with the Young Xehanort boss. You'll have to refresh me.

23 hours ago, Allwil13 said:

The only thing that concerns me is that I don't want there to be too may links to KHUX, just because not everyone is interested playing it, and some people arent able to play it at all. As a result, I'm worried that people will be frustrated if there are too many references to KHUX that they don't understand.

I agree with your point to ties with KHUX! It does worry me even knowing that I consider myself to be a pretty huge fan of KH as a whole and even after playing/watching the KHUX stories there are still parts that I don't entirely understand. Its VERY complex and even simplified I hope that any connections will com across smoothly. 

Also thanks for the positive feedback everyone!

On 12/14/2018 at 3:54 PM, Allwil13 said:

It did? I was thinking it first started in BBS with the Young Xehanort boss. You'll have to refresh me.

Sora, Donald, Goofy and Pete all travel to the past and battle over control of the Cornerstone of Light. Timeless River is set entirely in the past, as SDG discover when they find that Pete's attempting to take the Cornerstone, allowing Maleficent to take Disney Castle.

16 minutes ago, Axtwyt said:

Sora, Donald, Goofy and Pete all travel to the past and battle over control of the Cornerstone of Light. Timeless River is set entirely in the past, as SDG discover when they find that Pete's attempting to take the Cornerstone, allowing Maleficent to take Disney Castle.

Oh yeah. I forgot about Timeless River. That's embarrassing. :P

On 12/14/2018 at 3:54 PM, Allwil13 said:

Basically when Sora visited Disney Castle and went through the door to Timeless River to stop Pete from stealing the Cornerstone of Light.

23 minutes ago, ienzo628 said:

Basically when Sora visited Disney Castle and went through the door to Timeless River to stop Pete from stealing the Cornerstone of Light.

How did I forget about Timeless River? Man, I dropped the ball here.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:10 PM, tessaxmarie said:

Alright bear with me here, but I just finished watching some KHUX recaps and I'm feeling intrigued by something we saw in the opening trailer this week.

And FEEL FREE to correct me on anything that may not be true because I am by no means an expert in the KHUX storyline. Anyways, so in the opening trailer we see a young Xehanort with no yellow eyes, looking off into the distance at a star or light that's purple in color. Everyone is throwing the idea around that perhaps Xehanort was possessed by some type of evil/darkness/what have you; so what if this was in fact the dark Chirithy nightmare presented before?

doesn't dark chirithy say something along the lines of being free from a vessel (don't know/remember the exact quote) when he's defeated?

Again this is super far out there and maybe i'm just looking for clarification but I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this!!

I think its the Master of Masters and/or Luxu calling out from the No Name Keyblade, tempting Xehanort's Heart into Darkness, makes sense kind of.

Just now, Iamkingdomhearts1000 said:

I think its the Master of Masters and/or Luxu calling out from the No Name Keyblade, tempting Xehanort's Heart into Darkness, makes sense kind of.

That would be pretty interesting too. I do feel like either the MoM or Luxu will make some kind of appearance in KH3, especially since we haven't really seen much of either of them. Seems like they've been shrouded in mystery for a reason. The more I think about it, the more I feel like Xehanort didn't start out evil and was instead lured into the depths of darkness by a third party like Terra and Riku.

1 minute ago, Allwil13 said:

That would be pretty interesting too. I do feel like either the MoM or Luxu will make some kind of appearance in KH3, especially since we haven't really seen much of either of them. Seems like they've been shrouded in mystery for a reason. The more I think about it, the more I feel like Xehanort didn't start out evil and was instead lured into the depths of darkness by a third party like Terra and Riku.

Yeah but Terra and Riku AREN'T evil, that's for both fact and certainty, at best, we might see the Master, Luxu, Ephemer, Skuld, Brain and Strelitzia in the Secret Ending DLC for Kingdom Hearts III.

31 minutes ago, Iamkingdomhearts1000 said:

Yeah but Terra and Riku AREN'T evil, that's for both fact and certainty, at best, we might see the Master, Luxu, Ephemer, Skuld, Brain and Strelitzia in the Secret Ending DLC for Kingdom Hearts III.

True, they're not evil. But they did both fall into darkness. The important thing that makes them so different from Xehanort is that they didn't stay there. Riku embraced it as a part of who he is and as a result was able to tap into the power withing himself. And Terra is still fighting the darkness and Xehanort inside his own heart. 

On 12/11/2018 at 2:10 PM, tessaxmarie said:

He said something like "I'm free from this dream" or some sh*t. Dark Chirithy was the Players Darkness so I dont necessarily think DC would care to see the keyblade war.

4 minutes ago, Chasm said:

He said something like "I'm free from this dream" or some sh*t. Dark Chirithy was the Players Darkness so I dont necessarily think DC would care to see the keyblade war.

Then maybe the MoM.