Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Leamax

Kingdom Hearts III Ultimania now available for pre-order on Square Enix JP E-Store; releasing on February 28, 2019 for a price of 2,700 yen

Square Enix has listed the official Kingdom Hearts III Ultimania on their Japanese E-Store, where it is now available for pre-order. The Ultimania series of books are strategy guides for a particular game, which also provide more in-depth coverage, including additional lore and insight from key staff. In this case, as with the prior Kingdom Hearts Ultimanias, this extra information is provided by Kingdom Hearts series director Tetsuya Nomura.

The Kingdom Hearts III Ultimania will be released on February 28th, 2019 and will cost 2,700 yen (about 24 dollars). You can pre-order it here.

UPDATE: A translation of the official blurb for this Ultimania can be seen below, courtesy of KH13 staff Mio-chan!

Kingdom Hearts III Ultimania releases on February 28th, 2019! You can start ordering now!

A story of the light that spins bonds —The climax draws near with this Ultimania!
Navigate through each stage and world in a combination of two-dimensional and three-dimensional levels, all in a comprehensive way!

In addition to a detailed commentary on form changes and abilities, this book is the only one to completely capture the various data of enemies, items and more.

Furthermore, this book, which is larger than the conventional Ultimania, is an indispensable publication which also includes: an enjoyable amount of pictures, a special interview (unique to this book), and a statement of dedication on the back cover!

Thanks to @churroz for the tip!

Will you be buying the Kingdom Hearts III Ultimania? Let us know in the comments below! 

View full article

If anyone outside of Japan wants to preorder this (as the Japan Square Enix e-Store only accepts Japanese credit cards), it is also available on Amazon Japan right now and will most likely be made available to other stores that ship internationally.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/475756001X/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1544724503&sr=8-14&keywords=キングダムハーツ+アルティマニア

Love that cover artwork though, really wish that original t-shirt with this same design from TGS was made publicly available for purchase.

Edited by blue490246

7 hours ago, blue490246 said:

If anyone outside of Japan wants to preorder this (as the Japan Square Enix e-Store only accepts Japanese credit cards), it is also available on Amazon Japan right now and will most likely be made available to other stores that ship internationally.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/475756001X/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1544724503&sr=8-14&keywords=キングダムハーツ+アルティマニア

Love that cover artwork though, really wish that original t-shirt with this same design from TGS was made publicly available for purchase.

There's also always the possibility to use a proxy service, though I believe this book will be sold by other sellers too once it comes out. At least this was the case for all the other Ultimania books. It never remained exclusive to one retailer.

The price surprised me a bit. It's not really more expensive than the other Ultimanias, though they're probably inclined to keep the page count as low as possible because the others already have hundreds of pages. Even if KH3 ends up larger than any other game before, it likely won't receive a bigger volume, unless they decide to split it in two. Even the larger size probably can't make up for that.

I'll definitely get this one, too. I already own most of the others even if I don't understand Japanese. I really wish they would publish them in English....

I would also like it if 0.2 is included in this volume since it probably won't receive a proper one by itself and it is the prologue which was initially intended to be part of the game. It would only be suitable if it would be included in this Ultimania.

On 12/13/2018 at 12:09 PM, blue490246 said:

Thank you so much for this! I'm going to use this and an additional YouTube video to secure my copy

Glad I'm able to skip a step instead of making that mistake! 

7 hours ago, ienzo628 said:

Is it only a Japanese exclusive?

As of now, yes. There have so far been no announcements on any localized/translated versions of the Kingdom Hearts Ultimania books. I suspect with its increased popularity outside of Japan though with KH3, a localization wouldn't be out of the question at some point.