Analogman

[URGENT] Kingdom Hearts III has Leaked! Be Wary

Recommended Posts

The full retail game seems to have been leaked online and somebody has been posting footage of the game and also offering to sell copies on Facebook. I haven't done found out more specifics as of yet because I didn't want to get spoiled myself but I felt I had to come here and warn fellow fans about this leak. Be wary on your online travels, friends. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys! Some people have managed to get their hands on Kingdom Hearts III copies. It's now time to be EXTREMELY careful with spoilers on the internet as they will start to be abundant. According to some people on Reddit, about 30 copies have been sold and it has been verified. I've actually seen a 30 second video of brand new footage that I will not be sharing. Be careful everyone, delete your search histories and video histories on Youtube. Don't let a few impatient fans ruin your experience. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Analogman said:

The full retail game seems to have been leaked online and somebody has been posting footage of the game and also offering to sell copies on Facebook. I haven't done found out more specifics as of yet because I didn't want to get spoiled myself but I felt I had to come here and warn fellow fans about this leak. Be wary on your online travels, friends. 

I wonder if the games that they are selling are legit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Analogman said:

The full retail game seems to have been leaked online and somebody has been posting footage of the game and also offering to sell copies on Facebook. I haven't done found out more specifics as of yet because I didn't want to get spoiled myself but I felt I had to come here and warn fellow fans about this leak. Be wary on your online travels, friends. 

I literally created the same topic like 2 minutes after you. *Facepalm*, should've double-checked if someone else had posted before.

4 minutes ago, ienzo628 said:

I wonder if the games that they are selling are legit. 

 

If you mean that you wonder whether they are actually selling real copies, the answer is yes. I've seen some footage. If you're wondering about it being legal, obviously that's a no. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PrinceNoctis said:

I literally created the same topic like 2 minutes after you. *Facepalm*, should've double-checked if someone else had posted before.

 

If you mean that you wonder whether they are actually selling real copies, the answer is yes. I've seen some footage. If you're wondering about it being legal, obviously that's a no. 

I just wonder how they got their hands on the real thing if it hadn't been released yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ienzo628 said:

I just wonder how they got their hands on the real thing if it hadn't been released yet.

It's possible that somebody got hold of a copy as a QA tester or something. I think something similar happened with Devil May Cry V earlier this year. That'd be the thing that makes sense to me since I can't imagine stores would have retail copies yet, but I wouldn't know anything about that honestly. 

Edited by Analogman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Analogman said:

It's possible that somebody got hold of a copy as a QA tester or something. I think something similar happened with Devil May Cry V earlier. That'd be the thing that makes sense to me since I can't imagine stores would have retail copies yet, but I wouldn't know anything about that honestly. 

Probably, I am just a bit suspicious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ienzo628 said:

Probably, I am just a bit suspicious.

Actually after some research it's very much possible that these copies were indeed stolen from a retail store as apparently over 30 copies of the game have been sold on Facebook. I contacted Square Enix to make sure they're aware and I'm hoping others have done the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Analogman said:

Actually after some research it's very much possible that these copies were indeed stolen from a retail store as apparently over 30 copies of the game have been sold on Facebook. I contacted Square Enix to make sure they're aware and I'm hoping others have done the same. 

Rumour has it the guy works in distribution and stole copies from his job. So it wouldn't be from a retail store but before that in the distribution process. Probably at the place they package the disks or something I don't know. But I seriously doubt retailers already have the game in their backroom 7 weeks in advance.

I'll be going on hiatus now. Won't be checking anything KH related (except the two trailers) before the game releases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, PrinceNoctis said:

Rumour has it the guy works in distribution and stole copies from his job. So it wouldn't be from a retail store but before that in the distribution process. Probably at the place they package the disks or something I don't know. But I seriously doubt retailers already have the game in their backroom 7 weeks in advance.

I'll be going on hiatus now. Won't be checking anything KH related (except the two trailers) before the game releases.

Oh yeah forgot about distribution centres haha. My brain aint quite working today I guess. Yeah that makes way more sense than being in a retail store.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Casper Formadi said:

No someone leaking a game isn't dangerous enough for prison a fine sure but prison hell no it's a video game not nuclear launch codes.

You have no idea how serious it is. There's even a case I heard regarding manga. Some manga are released within magazines weekly or monthly so they're only released officially in physical format to Japanese. Manga translators typically have someone or some people to get the raw material illegally for them to translate. And this happens before the magazine is released officially and so translated manga are revealed to public before the Japanese are even able to buy the magazines and read them. And so, there are some uninformed manga readers who have no idea how this thing works and how they're actually reading illegally obtained material, make tweets regarding what they've read on Twitter normally to the author themselves, therefore alarming the author and the Japanese of this illegal work which is extremely disrespectful to all the Japanese. So there's a case I've heard where a person who obtained the raw material got caught and jailed.

What do you think of a person stealing products of a video game and selling them in advance of the official release date just for their own profit, then? It's much worse, isn't it?

Edited by Kenneth Choo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be strong my friends! If we band together as a community, we can withstand this storm. Avoid looking for spoilers, squint at images and report videos. We've waited so long, we can be strong for a month and a half. Even if someone ask for information, DO NOT give it to them. Forget your family, friends, and coworkers, the KH community is the only place you can trust anyone. Together, we can do anything. May your hearts be your guiding key...












...but seriously, is there another Disney world in the game? I'm dying over here lol JUST KIDDING DON'T TELL ME!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seriously hope that Square--Enix cracks down on ANYONE who posts new KH3 footage online. This is seriously unfair to everyone who is waiting for the official release of the game next month. I truly hope that I don't see any recommended KH3 videos appear on my feed because if I do, I won't be watching it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Casper Formadi said:

No someone leaking a game isn't dangerous enough for prison a fine sure but prison hell no it's a video game not nuclear launch codes.

it is to some :P 

 

Well first it has to be seen if this is legit in the first place or someone just being very talented at photoshop. But if it is Imagine my surprise. After all we had the discussion just a few days ago that hackers could crack the dowload version on Xbox one. I really wish people would not do that so that others can have a more pleasent game start on launch day but thats simply not how it is. If they atleast could keep it to themself we all know that if this keeps on happening eventually we wont get any pre dowloads until games come out.

8 minutes ago, Tails said:

I seriously hope that Square--Enix cracks down on ANYONE who posts new KH3 footage online. This is seriously unfair to everyone who is waiting for the official release of the game next month. I truly hope that I don't see any recommended KH3 videos appear on my feed because if I do, I won't be watching it.

I feel you but if they do I hope the uploader has atleast enough courtesy to name his video "HUGE KINGDOM HEARTS 3 REVEAL" and not "WOW WHO COULD HAVE GUESSED THAT ----- DIES!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Kenneth Choo said:

You have no idea how serious it is. There's even a case I heard regarding manga. Some manga are released within magazines weekly or monthly so they're only released officially in physical format to Japanese. Manga translators typically have someone or some people to get the raw material illegally for them to translate. And this happens before the magazine is released officially and so translated manga are revealed to public before the Japanese are even able to buy the magazines and read them. And so, there are some uninformed manga readers who have no idea how this thing works and how they're actually reading illegally obtained material, make tweets regarding what they've read on Twitter normally to the author themselves, therefore alarming the author and the Japanese of this illegal work which is extremely disrespectful to all the Japanese. So there's a case I've heard where a person who obtained the raw material got caught and jailed.

What do you think of a person stealing products of a video game and selling them in advance of the official release date just for their own profit, then? It's much worse, isn't it?

 

4 minutes ago, Dustin Lübbers said:

it is to some :P 

 

Well first it has to be seen if this is legit in the first place or someone just being very talented at photoshop. But if it is Imagine my surprise. After all we had the discussion just a few days ago that hackers could crack the dowload version on Xbox one. I really wish people would not do that so that others can have a more pleasent game start on launch day but thats simply not how it is. If they atleast could keep it to themself we all know that if this keeps on happening eventually we wont get any pre dowloads until games come out.

I feel you but if they do I hope the uploader has atleast enough courtesy to name his video "HUGE KINGDOM HEARTS 3 REVEAL" and not "WOW WHO COULD HAVE GUESSED THAT ----- DIES!"

I understand this is serious but jail time no i'd rather not be putting taxpayer dollars into someone who leaked a video game. Dangerous criminals would kill me sure but a KH3 leak nah. Just give em a fine.

 

Any way I've seen the leaks nothing really much there all I want to know is if Noct is in the game. 

But lowkey though if I met this guy I mean damn I'd play KH3  with him I mean I'd tell him not to leak it, I wouldn't say nothing but damn a fully playable start to finish KH3 I mean if he got an Xbox One X then I'd say let's do this.

Edited by Casper Formadi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a quote from one of the videos.

"You ever see a kingdom hearts that starts with this? I'm not gonna sit here and play some dumb ass, stupid ass *video ends*"

This guy coudn't be anymore unlike-able if he tried. And on top of it he's begging for subscribers in the comments of his videos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another Youtuber named QUICK PLAY has a video comprised of various clips from the beginning with a shot where he pans down to see the XBOX One case, and is claiming to have PS4 and XBOne copies, giving an email to contact him.  Maybe someone can link the email to a person and find out who it is so they can get caught.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Casper Formadi said:

No someone leaking a game isn't dangerous enough for prison a fine sure but prison hell no it's a video game not nuclear launch codes.

Leaking and spoiling the game isn't necessarily criminal, but can be a civil liability. The fact that this person not only stole the product, but is also Illegally selling it too, that can get them put in jail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sEUpernova said:

Leaking and spoiling the game isn't necessarily criminal, but can be a civil liability. The fact that this person not only stole the product, but is also Illegally selling it too, that can get them put in jail.

It could land him in jail but it honestly shouldn't but seriously though someone gonna leak that stuff online and I don't mean videos like a full leak isos and everything. I personally can't wait to see what people datamine out of it maybe find some cut stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now