Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
gepugg

50GB minimum file size for Kingdom Hearts III revealed by PS4 Pro packaging

Thanks to photos of the Kingdom Hearts III PS4 Pro, the minimum file size for the game has been set at 50GB. 

The Xbox Store previously had the file size for Kingdom Hearts III at 35.8GB but packshots of the limited edition Kingdom Hearts III PS4 Pro say that the game needs 50GB minimum.

Nomura had previously stated that one of the major concerns for Kingdom Hearts III is its high volume being met by capacity shortage.

What do you think of the size of Kingdom Hearts III? Let us know in the comments below! 

View full article

9 minutes ago, clatter411 said:

I'm happier knowing it's bigger. I was bummed when it was reported to be 30gb originally. I don't care how much data I may have to download bigger just means more content. 

That's not true though, not even remotely so. Remember that a game like Persona 5 also has 100+ hours of content and is only half the total file size of KHIII. What it likely means is a lot of uncompressed audio/high-resolution movie files not necessarily more things to do. Also bare in mind that we've had games with astronomical amounts of content that weight in at a few hundred mega-bytes.

Glad to hear this it would be weird to have not more Disney worlds.

15 minutes ago, Analogman said:

That's not true though, not even remotely so. Remember that a game like Persona 5 also has 100+ hours of content and is only half the total file size of KHIII. What it likely means is a lot of uncompressed audio/high-resolution movie files not necessarily more things to do. Also bare in mind that we've had games with astronomical amounts of content that weight in at a few hundred mega-bytes.

Persona 5 isn't really 3D if you look at KH3 large buildings, open sea's, very detailed.

3 minutes ago, KH4Real said:

Glad to hear this it would be weird to have not more Disney worlds.

Persona 5 isn't really 3D if you look at KH3 large buildings, open sea's, very detailed.

I can't believe I've read the sentence "Persona 5 isn't really 3D". Of course it is. This also doesn't refute the fact Persona 5 has a 90 hour main story despite being half the file size. The point is that file size =/= content. 

5 minutes ago, Analogman said:

I can't believe I've read the sentence "Persona 5 isn't really 3D". Of course it is. This also doesn't refute the fact Persona 5 has a 90 hour main story despite being half the file size. The point is that file size =/= content. 

You don't understand I should compare it more to GTA5 or Skyrim
Let's say that it isn't Unreal Engine the game got very beautiful graphics.

5 minutes ago, KH4Real said:

You don't understand I should compare it more to GTA5 or Skyrim
Let's say that it isn't Unreal Engine the game got very beautiful graphics.

I mean yeah the graphics in KH3 are pretty but as are the graphics in Persona 5 and the other two games you just mentioned as well. 

Edited by Analogman

43 minutes ago, Movies798 said:

So glad it's bigger. Seeing 50gb feels like Kingdom Hearts 3 is indeed bigger. Now I'm waiting for some news about how many hours is Kingdom Hearts 3.

As I've already said file size doesn't equate to the amount of content! To answer your question however the plot is about 40 hours but the game with all the side content is about 60 - 80 hours iirc. 

8 hours ago, Analogman said:

As I've already said file size doesn't equate to the amount of content! To answer your question however the plot is about 40 hours but the game with all the side content is about 60 - 80 hours iirc. 

That doesn't really answer my question. There was no actual confirmation about how many hours is Kingdom Hearts 3. That was a bunch of articles with no actual source.

Edited by Movies798
editing fight

1 hour ago, Analogman said:

I mean it does mean more of something though. Or at least they're making the most of the space they have. Perhaps content isn't the right word but it's definitely more of something than if it was 30gb and I'm happy there is more regardless of whether it's content or not. 

3 hours ago, Movies798 said:

no that doesn't answer my question. There was no actual confirmation about how many hours is Kingdom Hearts 3. That was a bunch of articles with no actual source.

I mean I'm overreacting for sure and I'm sorry about that but it's a misconception that really does need to be adressed imo. The playtime estimation came from a Square Enix rep apparently which could be an over/under-estimation. 

2 hours ago, clatter411 said:

I mean it does mean more of something though. Or at least they're making the most of the space they have. Perhaps content isn't the right word but it's definitely more of something than if it was 30gb and I'm happy there is more regardless of whether it's content or not. 

It in all likeliness just means uncompressed audio and video files. 

On 12/16/2018 at 12:30 AM, Analogman said:

Except you missed the point that P5 reuses assets like textures and models multiple times due to the consistency of the game world. Textures are really what drives up the file sizes of games.

For a game like KH3 where you visit multiple worlds that are supposedly way huger than previous games, they can't actually reuse the textures, sound files or various other assets from toy box for arandelle or olympus. Therefore it is only expected that KH3 is supposed to have a huge filesize. 

Also the argument for file compression does not actually hold, as there is a limit to file compression techniques that will be reached before performance is compromised. Which is why games are 40+ GB nowadays compared to 5 GB+ few years ago.

5 minutes ago, GRAHAMER said:

Except you missed the point that P5 reuses assets like textures and models multiple times due to the consistency of the game world. Textures are really what drives up the file sizes of games.

For a game like KH3 where you visit multiple worlds that are supposedly way huger than previous games, they can't actually reuse the textures, sound files or various other assets from toy box for arandelle or olympus. Therefore it is only expected that KH3 is supposed to have a huge filesize. 

Also the argument for file compression does not actually hold, as there is a limit to file compression techniques that will be reached before performance is compromised. Which is why games are 40+ GB nowadays compared to 5 GB+ few years ago.

That's actually a fairly good point and my point may have been fairly... misguided or underdeveloped. Thanks for this reply it's allowed me to consider a new perspective. While I still don't think that file size is an accurate indicator of total content, in the case of Kingdom Hearts it would certainly mean something.

1 minute ago, Analogman said:

That's actually a fairly good point and my point may have been fairly... misguided or underdeveloped. Thanks for this reply it's allowed me to consider a new perspective. While I still don't think that file size is an accurate indicator of total content, in the case of Kingdom Hearts it would certainly mean something.

Well, one thing we know is. More file size cannot be a bad thing for KH. ?