Iamkingdomhearts1000

About the spoilers of Kingdom Hearts III.

Recommended Posts

Thanks to VanitasTheBest, I realised the error behind my message about the recent spoilers for Kingdom Hearts III, sorry everyone...talking about "true fans" and such were the wrong expressions to use but I still felt like I wanted to oppose the spoiling itself however I could, now I realise I went about that the wrong way and I am sorry everyone :[, all I want is for fans like myself to not be spoiled before the game is actually released, fans like me have waited for over a whole decade for Kingdom Hearts III just to be released and I kind of got too passionate and went fanatical about it, even so, I still want to stop the spoilers in some way so that both me and my fellow fans can all enjoy the game that we have been waiting for our lives, please can everyone help me how to approach fighting the spoilers whilst remaining respectful all the same.

Edited by Iamkingdomhearts1000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, johnkhfan95 said:

This is bad This is bad

 

Close your eyes and ears, spread this message on to the fellow fans, its bad enough we've got spoilers for films but we absolutely CANNOT let Kingdom Hearts III's story be spoiled no matter what. Its like I said, if the people posting the spoilers even try to do so on KH13, they should have their accounts temporarily shut down until the release dates for Kingdom Hearts III in their respective countries. Just watch the trailers and especially the opening that have been released up to now, that might keep everyone's mind off of the spoilers hopefully, enough so to be patient until the actual release of Kingdom Hearts III itself :[

Edited by Iamkingdomhearts1000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Iamkingdomhearts1000 said:

 

Close your eyes and ears, spread this message on to the fellow fans, its bad enough we've got spoilers for films but we absolutely CANNOT let Kingdom Hearts III's story be spoiled no matter what. Its like I said, if the people posting the spoilers even try to do so on KH13, they should have their accounts temporarily shut down until the release dates for Kingdom Hearts III in their respective countries. Just watch the trailers and especially the opening that have been released up to now, that might keep everyone's mind off of the spoilers hopefully, enough so to be patient until the actual release of Kingdom Hearts III itself :[

Right ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Iamkingdomhearts1000 said:

Just think of all the trailers up to now as the only spoilers released for the game, will that work maybe?

Yep definitely and if you're wonder why i made this Account cause my Google Account i couldn't get back in so i made a Real KH13 account

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand your issue with spoilers, even though I am one who has no real problems with that. I'm currently really struggling. I love KH with everything I am. I played Recoded completely in japanese on an emulator before it got released in my country. Still I can't bring myself to look for more than what was already leaked of KH3. 

BUT! 

As far as I understand is this a subforum created for the purpose of discussing those leaks. So saying to ban people who leak stuff and they aren't True fans is just mean. Everyone is responsible for himself if he doesn't want to be spoiled. That's why this forum is a spoiler warning itself.

As I said I really understand your issue, but I also fully understand the urge to see KH3 right now. I looked at a few pics and it's glorious. But srsly. Don't say those things. KH preaches friendship. Not hate. As a "True" Fan you should know that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, VanitasTheBest said:

I understand your issue with spoilers, even though I am one who has no real problems with that. I'm currently really struggling. I love KH with everything I am. I played Recoded completely in japanese on an emulator before it got released in my country. Still I can't bring myself to look for more than what was already leaked of KH3. 

BUT! 

As far as I understand is this a subforum created for the purpose of discussing those leaks. So saying to ban people who leak stuff and they aren't True fans is just mean. Everyone is responsible for himself if he doesn't want to be spoiled. That's why this forum is a spoiler warning itself.

As I said I really understand your issue, but I also fully understand the urge to see KH3 right now. I looked at a few pics and it's glorious. But srsly. Don't say those things. KH preaches friendship. Not hate. As a "True" Fan you should know that. 

Sigh, okay, you make a fair point, sorry, it's just I am thinking about myself and the other fans who have waited for at least a decade + for the game, its that very dear to our hearts as it were, should I delete this topic maybe? again, thank you, its very probable I wouldn't have been convinced otherwise if you didn't tell me about seeing things from both perspectives but you did and for that, knowing that there is someone like you who thinks of Kingdom Hearts and loves it all the same, I am truly and greatly honestly grateful for that, again, seriously, thanks man :]

 

Well, to be honest myself, i'll edit the topic but I don't really want to change the message behind it, know what I mean? its true what you said about "true fans" but still, I can't help but still want to at the very least lend a voice of opinion and/or advice to everyone, is that wrong of me to think like that maybe?

Edited by Iamkingdomhearts1000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, VanitasTheBest said:

As far as I understand is this a subforum created for the purpose of discussing those leaks. So saying to ban people who leak stuff and they aren't True fans is just mean. Everyone is responsible for himself if he doesn't want to be spoiled. That's why this forum is a spoiler warning itself.

I tend to agree with this. I would have no issues with others discussing leaks in their respective categories. The circumstances of these leaks are unfortunate and sad because the copies were allegedly stolen, but I do agree that people shouldn't be banned for talking about them as long as they don't force them on others who wish to remain unspoiled.

The problem is that this won't stay in those forums because there are people who spread leaks not for those who want to see them but deliberately send it to people who want nothing to do with them just to ruin the game for them. I have nonissues with people receiving legal copies early and keeping it to themselves or within a group where it will stay. But we all know that won't happen because some are petty like that.

But quite frankly, there's no solution for this. For every account banned, two more will surface to take its place because once something is on the internet, it's newrly impossible to get rid of it. If one person ceases uploading, another will take it from them and continue doing it. So even banning all accounts will only result in more accounts posting the same thing over and over. Even if you ban an IP, they will just do it via proxy or public computers and so on.

To be honest, it wouldn't bother anyone nearly as much if they would just stay at home playing it quietly for themselves or keeping it bottled up within a forum tread. The problem lies with the character and quite frankly, no amount of banning or hate will fix that. Quite the oppositie. The more people are ready to take up the fork and riot, the more they want to troll those getting worked up over this.

The easiest sokution would probably be to remain calm. Don't blow it out of proportion, don't persecute it, don't follow or search for possible "offenders". I'm also anxious, but with the fandom on the verge of exploding, the trolls and leakers are getting what they want - a reaction. And a desired one to boot because everyone is angry, scared or sad. 

I think it will become more quiet around the leaks if people calm down a bit. Report things where it doesn't belong but don't search for content to block. Blacklist the things you don't want to see as much as possible but otherwise, I suggest that we should just go on about our business like usual. Yes, we should proceed with caution but not all of us can go dark for over a month. I haven't been searching for leaks and won't do so. And so far, my recommendations were clean except for those reporting on them. Which is good to inform people of the danger of being spoiled. But if you don't actively search for them and have blacklisted a lot of things, you still don't need to abandon the entire internet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Merilly said:

I tend to agree with this. I would have no issues with others discussing leaks in their respective categories. The circumstances of these leaks are unfortunate and sad because the copies were allegedly stolen, but I do agree that people shouldn't be banned for talking about them as long as they don't force them on others who wish to remain unspoiled.

The problem is that this won't stay in those forums because there are people who spread leaks not for those who want to see them but deliberately send it to people who want nothing to do with them just to ruin the game for them. I have nonissues with people receiving legal copies early and keeping it to themselves or within a group where it will stay. But we all know that won't happen because some are petty like that.

But quite frankly, there's no solution for this. For every account banned, two more will surface to take its place because once something is on the internet, it's newrly impossible to get rid of it. If one person ceases uploading, another will take it from them and continue doing it. So even banning all accounts will only result in more accounts posting the same thing over and over. Even if you ban an IP, they will just do it via proxy or public computers and so on.

To be honest, it wouldn't bother anyone nearly as much if they would just stay at home playing it quietly for themselves or keeping it bottled up within a forum tread. The problem lies with the character and quite frankly, no amount of banning or hate will fix that. Quite the oppositie. The more people are ready to take up the fork and riot, the more they want to troll those getting worked up over this.

The easiest sokution would probably be to remain calm. Don't blow it out of proportion, don't persecute it, don't follow or search for possible "offenders". I'm also anxious, but with the fandom on the verge of exploding, the trolls and leakers are getting what they want - a reaction. And a desired one to boot because everyone is angry, scared or sad. 

I think it will become more quiet around the leaks if people calm down a bit. Report things where it doesn't belong but don't search for content to block. Blacklist the things you don't want to see as much as possible but otherwise, I suggest that we should just go on about our business like usual. Yes, we should proceed with caution but not all of us can go dark for over a month. I haven't been searching for leaks and won't do so. And so far, my recommendations were clean except for those reporting on them. Which is good to inform people of the danger of being spoiled. But if you don't actively search for them and have blacklisted a lot of things, you still don't need to abandon the entire internet.

I was already planning to stay off the internet for all of January until KH III anyways but yeah, you and VanitasTheBest are right about all this, its frustrating but I don't have the power to change things, I wish that I did and could do something about these spoilers but unfortunately, that's just the way things are :[...I only want to look out for my fellow decade old fans, we have been waiting for this game for a long, long, LONG time...I just want to do something in part to push back the spoilers, at the very least until nearing January the 25th, I just don't know how to go about that though... :[

Edited by Iamkingdomhearts1000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is unfortunate that the game has been leaked, but the mod team will do everything we can to ensure that all discussion of KH3 spoilers will remain in this sub-forum so as not to spoil the gaming experience for everyone anticipating it. :)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Iamkingdomhearts1000 said:

I was already planning to stay off the internet for all of January until KH III anyways but yeah, you and VanitasTheBest are right about all this, its frustrating but I don't have the power to change things, I wish that I did and could do something about these spoilers but unfortunately, that's just the way things are :[...I only want to look out for my fellow decade old fans, we have been waiting for this game for a long, long, LONG time...I just want to do something in part to push back the spoilers, at the very least until nearing January the 25th, I just don't know how to go about that though... :[

I think the KH13 Discord just made a thread about how to avoid leaks. It might not be 100% safe but I think it's still a lot better than having to stand by idly without being able to do anything.

I've also been waiting for this game since it got announced (not before that though because we got so many games in the meantime that the perception of what KH3 would be like changed with every new game and I was basically expecting a different game with each new title that came out), and I understand how frustrating it is. I truly do. I'm also unhappy with the possible outcomes for this, especially those surfacing in the next few hours and days with probably more and more people spreading them.

But I think trying to do something may result in the opposite and it might become counterproductive. Exposition is what these people often seek. I'm not even sure if the person selling this even intended to spoil anyone or whether he just send those videos as some sort of proof that he owned the game and others just spread it instead. But we know people would ruin it for others if it meant garnering a reaction and a little fame, even if it procurs hate.

As per usual, not reacting to this sort of thing is probably better than trying to change it because behind an anonymous persona, it's always easy to talk big and mock others for loving a franchise by pulling that kind of stunt. And giving them even more attention may provoke the opposite reaction of what people actually want. They might spread it even more and again and again, no matter how often they are deleted. Just like those bots continuously advertising those websites on here. They're quick to delete them but they are seen by a few nonetheless and more take their place.

The main thing is, I would hate for fans to harrass others and this become a huge argument.I think we all want to enjoy KH3 and I think it might make us more annoyed instead if we jump on this bandwagon of hate where lots of fans are grabbing their pitchforks to hunt down those posting leaks.

I'm not condoning it and he should get a just punishment if there was really a crime such as theft involved, but I've seen so many stories today that it's hard to determine what's true anymore and this kind of witchhunt won't do the excitement nor KH3 any good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Mystics Apprentice said:

It is unfortunate that the game has been leaked, but the mod team will do everything we can to ensure that all discussion of KH3 spoilers will remain in this sub-forum so as not to spoil the gaming experience for everyone anticipating it. :)  

Thank you, sorry for my original topic post being heated before :[, I shouldn't have acted like a fanatic about it, at the very least not going on about the spoilers hatefully :[

 

37 minutes ago, Merilly said:

I think the KH13 Discord just made a thread about how to avoid leaks. It might not be 100% safe but I think it's still a lot better than having to stand by idly without being able to do anything.

I've also been waiting for this game since it got announced (not before that though because we got so many games in the meantime that the perception of what KH3 would be like changed with every new game and I was basically expecting a different game with each new title that came out), and I understand how frustrating it is. I truly do. I'm also unhappy with the possible outcomes for this, especially those surfacing in the next few hours and days with probably more and more people spreading them.

But I think trying to do something may result in the opposite and it might become counterproductive. Exposition is what these people often seek. I'm not even sure if the person selling this even intended to spoil anyone or whether he just send those videos as some sort of proof that he owned the game and others just spread it instead. But we know people would ruin it for others if it meant garnering a reaction and a little fame, even if it procurs hate.

As per usual, not reacting to this sort of thing is probably better than trying to change it because behind an anonymous persona, it's always easy to talk big and mock others for loving a franchise by pulling that kind of stunt. And giving them even more attention may provoke the opposite reaction of what people actually want. They might spread it even more and again and again, no matter how often they are deleted. Just like those bots continuously advertising those websites on here. They're quick to delete them but they are seen by a few nonetheless and more take their place.

The main thing is, I would hate for fans to harrass others and this become a huge argument.I think we all want to enjoy KH3 and I think it might make us more annoyed instead if we jump on this bandwagon of hate where lots of fans are grabbing their pitchforks to hunt down those posting leaks.

I'm not condoning it and he should get a just punishment if there was really a crime such as theft involved, but I've seen so many stories today that it's hard to determine what's true anymore and this kind of witchhunt won't do the excitement nor KH3 any good.

Tetsuya Nomura, Shinji Hashimoto and every single fan of the Kingdom Hearts franchise put their blood, sweat and tears into making this final chapter for the Xehanort Saga, its just frustrating for people who don't get to see the magic of Kingdom Hearts all the way throughout the games up to now through the proper means, know what I mean?

Edited by Iamkingdomhearts1000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those who want to avoid spoilers are perfectly capable of doing so. Those who, like me think that it's fine because we will soon know what happens anyway should be able to discuss spoilers in a designated place without having to feel like that makes us less of a fan. 

 

The mods of KH13 are doing a brave job of making sure spoilers stay in the spoilers sub forum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now