Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
xionskeyblade

Tetsuya Nomura's statement regarding Kingdom Hearts III leak; epilogue and secret ending of the game to be released at a later date

Kingdom Hearts Director Tetsuya Nomura has released an official statement regarding the recent leak of Kingdom Hearts III copies that were being sold illegally. You can read his official statement below.

large.DuhMSXOVAAEipGG.jpg.e3e0c73c18d5ad53ba23199748325534.jpg

We're aware that a small portion of KINGDOM HEARTS III has been circulating online before its official release. We are also aware as to how this has all happened. We're sorry to see this caused concern amongst our fans who are excited for the release.

The whole team has been working together since yesterday night (Japan time) to investigate what we can do to better this situation, but first we would like to ask that you do not share these videos.

The game's epilogue and secret movie, which are the biggest spoilers in this game, are planned to be released at a later date just in case, so they will not be shown before the game's release.

We want everyone to be able to equally experience the full game after its release, so we ask for your continued support on this matter.

We're also very grateful that our fans have been warning each other already about the spoilers. Thank you very much.

We're one month out from the release. Let's enjoy the game together when it releases on January 29, 2019.

-Director Tetsuya Nomura

In addition to this statement, Nomura posted the following tweet (translated by Goldpanner) on the Japanese Twitter account for Kingdom Hearts. Translations have been provided by Goldpanner .

For more information about the recent leak and KH13's spoiler policy, you can check out our recent post here .

View full article

I keep hearing rumours that whoever sold this stuff is associated with “the mob” (lol sure). Not that it matters either way, as even they’d flee before The Rat’s army of lawyers.

What does he mean "The games's epilogue and secret movie [...] are planned to be released at a later date" ? They will be in an update ? It's a good way to prevent from spoilers but... I don't quite like the idea of having such important content to be released as an update. I like to have my full game on the disc.

Oh well. I guess it's better than getting spoiled.

The day there spoilers have come! My children be the Guardians of the light and prevent Darkness (Spoilers) from prevailing!.... Or just stay of the grid:)

1 hour ago, Cyberos000 said:

What does he mean "The games's epilogue and secret movie [...] are planned to be released at a later date" ? They will be in an update ? It's a good way to prevent from spoilers but... I don't quite like the idea of having such important content to be released as an update. I like to have my full game on the disc.

Honestly I expected the ending to be censored before release

1 hour ago, Cyberos000 said:

Something tells me the epilogue and the secret movie will be part of a day one patch. I'm pretty sure PS4's can also block footage for things like PS4 Share, if I'm correct. Most likely, Nomura had this planned out already incase the whole game managed to get leaked. I could be interpreting this whole letter wrong though.

Edited by ITzDarthLordRevan

1 hour ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

Something tells me the epilogue and the secret movie will be part of a day one patch. I'm pretty sure PS4's can also block footage for things like PS4 Share, if I'm correct. Most likely, Nomura had this planned out already incase the whole game managed to get leaked. I could be interpreting this whole letter wrong though. 

Yup, I believe Atlus disabled PS4 Share for Persona 5 completely. (Don't know if now you can record footage) But capture cards still work so...

I also think it will be part of a Day One patch.

Nice response from Tetsuya Nomura-sama! Plus, this "epilogue and the secret movie" really got me interesting. This could be either a one day patch or some DLC. I don't know but I hope he talks more about it in the future before the game release.

3 hours ago, Cyberos000 said:

More like a day one patch sonce something like this was to be expected

6 hours ago, Cyberos000 said:

It's possible but I would think there is a day one patch/update to unlock the content on the disc. Other games have done this as well where the content is on the disc but not available to the player yet without an update.

6 hours ago, AwesomeKHfan said:

Honestly I expected the ending to be censored before release

That is not going to prevent spoilers from Japan . People can still capture it with capture cards.

8 hours ago, Cyberos000 said:

Yup, I believe Atlus disabled PS4 Share for Persona 5 completely. (Don't know if now you can record footage) But capture cards still work so...

I also think it will be part of a Day One patch.

That's why I think disabling PS4 Share makes no sense whatsoever... It's not that big of a deal to record footage nowadays. And if it's about spoilers, people might even resort to the most basic of equipment and record it via smartphone camera if they have to.

I feel like disabling PS4, even just partly, makes that feature obsolete. Yeah, people still use it to showcase a few things but anyone who wants to spread information will find a way to do so anyway.

I personally hope it will bebincluded in a Day One patch. Though I'm honestly not too thrilled about it because I hate this reliance on internet connectivity. Yes, it's no big deal nowadays for most but I would still appreciate it if the game was complete when I get it.

These type of patches are not a positive aspect of games currently. Especially to prevent spoilers. It's not like I dislike them trying to prevent spoilers but to be honest, I don't want leaks regardless of importance. It's little comforting to have "the biggest spoilers" under wraps when the rest of the game is out there. xD But I don't blame that on Nomura. They can't possibly do more and they didn't do anything wrong, I just don't know if that explanation really makes it okay to not have the epilogue on disc. 

1 minute ago, Iamkingdomhearts1000 said:

Wait, does this mean that the actual ending and the secret ending are one in the same? will the actual ending be released as free DLC?

The epilogue is what happens after the ending and credits.

1 hour ago, KHLegendIII said:

The epilogue is what happens after the ending and credits.

Oh, so just the secret ending will be omitted? that's fine then, just don't want the game to end on a cliffhanger of all things, especially if that cliffhanger becomes something like Infinity War, know what I mean?

1 hour ago, Iamkingdomhearts1000 said:

Oh, so just the secret ending will be omitted? that's fine then, just don't want the game to end on a cliffhanger of all things, especially if that cliffhanger becomes something like Infinity War, know what I mean?

With the game being stolen, is Nomura coming up with a new secret ending to combat the thief and the customers' games?

53 minutes ago, ienzo628 said:

With the game being stolen, is Nomura coming up with a new secret ending to combat the thief and the customers' games?

Doubtful but I am sure he is going to make measures in hand to counteract the spoilers somehow, that's my faith in the director.

Edited by Iamkingdomhearts1000

16 minutes ago, Iamkingdomhearts1000 said:

Doubtful but I am sure he is going to make measures in hand to counteract the spoilers somehow, that's my faith in the director.

True.

3 minutes ago, nicholas bloom said:

i just hope there's another demo spot

Would be great if Square Enix went on a national tour within the US and Canada with the demos? Did they do that?