KHWaterBlock

[UPDATED] Kingdom Hearts III commercial to debuts in cinemas in Japan; translations now available

Recommended Posts

A 30 second Kingdom Hearts III commercial has aired in cinemas throughout Japan in anticipation for the games release on January 25 and on January 29 across the rest of the world. The commercial shows a compilation of clips from the opening movie, unseen footage from each of the worlds, and some gameplay. You can view the commercial below:

This commercial is scheduled to be released in TOHO cinemas in Japan from Saturday, December 21, before screening the Ralph Breaks the Internet movie.

Kingdom Hearts Director Tetsuya Nomura has also tweeted the following:

Quote

This 30 sec ad is playing on Dlife's Wreck-It Ralph, and Wreck-It Ralph 2 premiering 12/21 (TOHO Cinema only), check it out now. This one focuses on Disney worlds, the start is very meaningful. Look forward to the Final one coming next. -Nomura

(Translations were provided by Goldpanner.)

As this is a commercial meant for Japanese audiences, it is doubtful that an English version will come out. However, Twitter user AitaiKimochi has translated the dialogue of the trailer! You can read it below.

Quote

Sora: "I was able to fight only because everyone was by my side! I can't do this alone..."

Sora: "Time to go!"

Captain Sparrow: "They're approaching from the back! We need to counter-attack!"
Sora: "Aye aye!"

Sora: "I hope we'll always be together too."

Woody: "Can you guys lend us a hand for a bit longer?"

Riku: "No one can stop what your heart commands."

You can watch a subbed version of the trailer below.

In addition to this video, Nomura has promised a Final Trailer for 2018 along with a 15-second video later this week before the start of Jump Festa 2019. 

We have added a gallery of screenshots from this trailer! You can view them below.

 


View full article

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Sora... Is my boi Sora crying?! Who or what hurt you? 😢 

 Edited: He apparently said something along the lines of "I can't do this alone." I'm not okay. This is my child and I must protect him at all costs!

Edited by ITzDarthLordRevan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, hibikifukui said:

I suck at Japanese but what I got;
Sora:
What am I doing here while everyone's fighting? I'm useless alone
End:
What Ven's heart did, I/no one can('t)stop it

Here’s my translation. Mine is a bit different. Feel free to correct me if there are any mistakes.

Sora: I could fight because everybody was there with me. I can’t do this alone. 

Riku at the end: No one can stop you from doing what your heart commands. (Alternatively, it could be:  No one can stop me from doing what my heart commands/following my heart or no one can stop what my heart is set on.)

 

Edited by phoenixmiko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WHOA WHOA WHOA! Was Sora crying? God damn Sora is going to have an interesting arc in Kingdom Hearts 3. So can't wait to play this game!!!

Also, that's the video from the Dec 16th release! Now we have to wait for the Final Trailer on Dec 18th and one mysterious TBA on Dec 21st!!!

Edited by Movies798

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

Is Sora... Is my boi Sora crying?! Who or what hurt you? 😢 

 Edited: He apparently said something along the lines of "I can't do this alone." I'm not okay. This is my child and I must protect him at all costs!

The leakers are hurting him.

But for serious it seems that indeed Riku will die he is the most likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KH4Real said:

The leakers are hurting him.

But for serious it seems that indeed Riku will die he is the most likely.

1539578563359.jpg

I know I said I wanted to seem him cry more, but it hurts to see him in pain. I swear to god, I hope all of his friends are just knocked out or were separated from him.

Edited by ITzDarthLordRevan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, D Fredette said:

Sora started crying making me cry and I don't even know what he said but the tears won't stop

This game :.)

Sora...if he starts to fall then...it's up to us, the players, to make sure that he gets back up on his feet, no matter what! that's our job! for me personally, I won't ever allow Sora to falter, not even once! he's helped me...now it's my turn to help him, that's my job, my debt and my respect towards the video game character I hold the most in high regard.

Edited by Iamkingdomhearts1000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, I'm glad we will see some intense emotions. It wouldn't be a good climax to a saga if Sora would be smiling 24/7 or just be angry. There's more to emotions than this and while I don't want to see him crying, it's usually those moments which make us feel for a character the most. O think we all want to feel something when playing KH3 and not have just funny moments or characters facing each other with determination. Speaking for myself, I also want to have some despair mixed in, though I ultimately hope for a good ending.

That doesn't mean he won't be the cheerful, happy-go-lucky type again or has abandoned all optimism for good.

It creeps me out if characters wont show much emotion and are always smiling because it seems like they either don't care or are putting up a really fake front in order to ignore their own feelings. But Sora isn't like that since he's compassionate and it's not the first time he has cried either.

I wouldn't want him to change too much after all this because just about anyone already said it has to be Sora because he is who he is. Character development isn't always necessary to a high degree if there's no good explanation. He's been through so much that I can't imagine a 180° turn for a longer period of time. Perhaps for a portion of the game.

Still, I don't think this is necessarily an indication anyone will die. It just implies that Sora will possibly have to face something alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep going Xehanort! Add a few more tears and push the lights to the brink and I can't see Sora being 'alone' too much, how I'd like this scene to play out is for Sora to break and give in to his emotions and when he is about to be defeated, a hooded figure emerges and the Oathkeeper and Oblivion Keyblades to appear, then switch to Roxas being playable for a battle, before Sora regains his composure and is ready to commence, this is followed by the oblivion and oathkeeper falling to the floor and disappearing and Roxas fading away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

Is Sora... Is my boi Sora crying?! Who or what hurt you? 😢 

 Edited: He apparently said something along the lines of "I can't do this alone." I'm not okay. This is my child and I must protect him at all costs!

Well, I believe this must be part of the chess game where Sora's piece is surrounded by most of the darkness' pieces, in "check mate". Right before Young Eraqus says "It's still my turn". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RikuFangirl2008 said:

XEHANORT! WHAT DID YOU DO TO MAKE THIS BOY CRY!? 

Told him that his dinner got cold before revealing that he is his mother

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Seyin95 said:

Keep going Xehanort! Add a few more tears and push the lights to the brink and I can't see Sora being 'alone' too much, how I'd like this scene to play out is for Sora to break and give in to his emotions and when he is about to be defeated, a hooded figure emerges and the Oathkeeper and Oblivion Keyblades to appear, then switch to Roxas being playable for a battle, before Sora regains his composure and is ready to commence, this is followed by the oblivion and oathkeeper falling to the floor and disappearing and Roxas fading away. 

 NO, I DO NOT WANT THIS. I do want to have some emotions, but I want Roxas to just have a happy ending for once, just like everyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for sharing this with us, KHWaterBlock!

Good lord, our precious cinnamon bun Sora is experiencing pain...our boy must stand up to the darkness! We'll help him every step of the way! This game keeps looking beautiful :'D

Omg, and for me, the Final Trailer will air tomorrow afternoon. Well, I mean, it's already past 12:00AM here in Puerto Rico, so yeah, later today, as in, probably 2 or 3pm-ish, I'll get to see the trailer! So much hype! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Merilly said:

To be honest, I'm glad we will see some intense emotions. It wouldn't be a good climax to a saga if Sora would be smiling 24/7 or just be angry. There's more to emotions than this and while I don't want to see him crying, it's usually those moments which make us feel for a character the most. O think we all want to feel something when playing KH3 and not have just funny moments or characters facing each other with determination. Speaking for myself, I also want to have some despair mixed in, though I ultimately hope for a good ending.

That doesn't mean he won't be the cheerful, happy-go-lucky type again or has abandoned all optimism for good.

It creeps me out if characters wont show much emotion and are always smiling because it seems like they either don't care or are putting up a really fake front in order to ignore their own feelings. But Sora isn't like that since he's compassionate and it's not the first time he has cried either.

I wouldn't want him to change too much after all this because just about anyone already said it has to be Sora because he is who he is. Character development isn't always necessary to a high degree if there's no good explanation. He's been through so much that I can't imagine a 180° turn for a longer period of time. Perhaps for a portion of the game.

Still, I don't think this is necessarily an indication anyone will die. It just implies that Sora will possibly have to face something alone.

Yes, he is putting up a front sometimes. He refuses to let it get to him, and he wants to be smiling for his friends sake as well. But he can't do that forever

Agreed, this doesn't mean anyone will actually die

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kittenz said:

Yes, he is putting up a front sometimes. He refuses to let it get to him, and he wants to be smiling for his friends sake as well. But he can't do that forever

Agreed, this doesn't mean anyone will actually die

There's a difference between doing that sometimes, considering we all have to suck it up at times, or always. And he's not the type to do it always because otherwise, not a lot of people would be able to connect to him. Someone who is generally more careful with showing emotions is easier to understand than someone who is smiling 24/7 because that borders on creepy in my opinion. Mainly because it suggests that they don't know how to deal with emotion. But as I said, Sora isn't like that. He shows a large variety of emotion and everyone has to put up a front at times. There's nothing wrong with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel the need to give Sora a pep talk here: Sora, you're not alone. Even when your friends aren't standing by your side their hearts are connected to yours. They are always with you so don't give up! They can still be your power and always will be! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now