Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

3 hours ago, RikuMickeyFan1997 said:

In Kingdom Hearts III, Riku has a new Keyblade called "Braveheart". So my question is... how did he get that kind of Keyblade? And whatever happened to his "Way to the Dawn" Keyblade?

I'm guessing, or maybe this was already said somewhere (I seem to remember the Bring Arts figure saying something about Braveheart), that Braveheart may very well be the Keyblade of the Realm Between, similarly to how the Kingdom Key is the Keyblade of the Realm of Light. Just a guess.

On 12/16/2018 at 7:47 PM, Analogman said:

I'm guessing, or maybe this was already said somewhere (I seem to remember the Bring Arts figure saying something about Braveheart), that Braveheart may very well be the Keyblade of the Realm Between, similarly to how the Kingdom Key is the Keyblade of the Realm of Light. Just a guess.

I don't think that was confirmed anywhere. I believe it's a theory because the Keychain is a Mickey Mouse head just like the Kingdom Key and Kingdom Key D. But yeah I think it might be the Keyblade of the Realm Between as well. As for how Riku gets it...I guess we'll have to see in KHIII. It probably happens after his Way to the Dawn gets "shattered" in the Realm of Darkness.

Perhaps it's a new Keyblade from the Realm of Darkness, since Master Riku was using Way to Dawn, which is a keyblade of the Realm of Light, perhaps after his Way to Dawn was broken on their journey, he was able to form or find a keyblade from the Realm of Darkness.

Huh, I never thought about how Riku gets a new Keyblade. It's a cool looking Keyblade and immediately told me at some point he'd be playable. How Riku get's Braveheart? No idea. Did they ever show how he got Way to the Dawn? They might have and I just don't remember it. But Riku's new Keyblade looks like it could give Cloud's Buster Sword a run for it's money.

I’m pretty sure it was said somewhere that Yen Sid forged it for Riku. I still think he should’ve inherited Kingdom Key D tho Does anybody have the source of this information?

This actually raises a bigger question: where do all keyblades come from? Is there someone manufacturing them somewhere or are they born from the light/darkness in one's heart?

3 hours ago, ocean's rage said:

i think it was said somewhere that they were made from the light in some one's heart

That's what I've already assumed. And if that's the case then I guess the most likely explanation is that Riku's heart forged a replacement upon the destruction of the Way to the Dawn. 

2 minutes ago, PrinceNoctis said:

What about Keyblade's of Darkness? Like the Kingdom Key D?

well if i recall correctly kingdom key d was a dark realm counter part so perhaps for every keyblade made in the realm of light a counter part is made in realm of darkness, of course thats just pure speculation the thing i recalling reading only mentioned keyblade of light

4 minutes ago, PrinceNoctis said:

What about Keyblade's of Darkness? Like the Kingdom Key D?

As far as I'm aware there isn't an explanation for where the Kingdom Key D came from. Similar to Sora's keyblade being special and not knowing where it came from. Though I wonder if that's still even Canon considering the rules of people getting keyblades seems to change every few years. 

2 minutes ago, clatter411 said:

As far as I'm aware there isn't an explanation for where the Kingdom Key D came from. Similar to Sora's keyblade being special and not knowing where it came from. Though I wonder if that's still even Canon considering the rules of people getting keyblades seems to change every few years. 

I thought Sora's Keyblade was special because it could seal the Door the Darkness from the side of the Realm of Light. We don't really know where any of the Keyblades came from except for the "No Name" so I doubt that is what makes it special.

5 minutes ago, PrinceNoctis said:

I thought Sora's Keyblade was special because it could seal the Door the Darkness from the side of the Realm of Light. We don't really know where any of the Keyblades came from except for the "No Name" so I doubt that is what makes it special.

Sora's keyblade was originally special because it was the keyblade from the realm of light and it chooses its wielder. That and the kingdom Key D which needed to be found in the realm of darkness. But birth by sleep and DDD and UX have changed the rules. It hasn't really been established since whether or not Sora's keyblade is still special or if its just like everyone else's. 

I mean kh1 implies there are only 2 keyblades in existence and that they're legendary weapons which is why they're so special. But then bbs said, "oh you just have to have a strong heart and go through an inheritance ceremony to get a keyblade". Then DDD said "oh anyone with a strong heart who trains can get one". 

Edited by clatter411

2 minutes ago, clatter411 said:

Sora's keyblade was originally special because it was the keyblade from the realm of light and it chooses its wielder. That and the kingdom Key D which needed to be found in the realm of darkness. But birth by sleep and DDD and UX have changed the rules. It hasn't really been established since whether or not Sora's keyblade is still special or if its just like everyone else's. 

The rules haven't exactly been changed. We just know that there are more ways to acquire a keyblade now and the rules have been detailed. A keyblade master will choose a candidate to eventually become a keyblade wielder through the Inheritance Ceremony (which is done by touching a master's keyblade), if said candidate is deemed worthy by the keyblade, they get to wield a keyblade. If not, the keyblade will choose someone else to wield it. That's what has been established by KH, KHBBS and DDD. In KHUX, we don't exactly know how anyone has acquired a Keyblade... 

1 minute ago, PrinceNoctis said:

The rules haven't exactly been changed. We just know that there are more ways to acquire a keyblade now and the rules have been detailed. A keyblade master will choose a candidate to eventually become a keyblade wielder through the Inheritance Ceremony (which is done by touching a master's keyblade), if said candidate is deemed worthy by the keyblade, they get to wield a keyblade. If not, the keyblade will choose someone else to wield it. That's what has been established by KH, KHBBS and DDD. In KHUX, we don't exactly know how anyone has acquired a Keyblade... 

I'll have to go over all the details again to be sure. You may be right and I'm just overcomplicating things. 

47 minutes ago, clatter411 said:

I'll have to go over all the details again to be sure. You may be right and I'm just overcomplicating things. 

I'm super curious about this now. I don't remember them ever explaining where keyblades come from. Like I remember the Inheritance Ceremony, but i always assumed that the ceremony allows a person's heart to create a keyblade once the person comes of age. 

Speculative scenario: young riku ends up in the realm of darkness at the start of kh1 (just after destiny islands is swallowed) and finds broken way to the dawn (we know time moves differently in the realm of darkness so something going from future to past isn't too far fetched). Young riku scrapes off some of way to the dawn's edges turning it into soul eater. Maleficent then saves riku from the realm of darkness. Fast forward to the end of kh1. Riku get's possessed by ansem. Before we fight ansem/riku he does the whole time travel thing and he ends up being in kh3 (meaning the young riku we keep seeing in trailers is actually the riku/ansem we fight in kh1). Older riku meanwhile (in kh3) ends up breaking way to the dawn ,and knowing what's going on, leaves his broken keyblade behind for the younger version of himself in the realm of darkness. After the events of kh3, ansem/riku goes back to his own time without any memory of what's happened and fight sora and all that stuff.

Does that make sense? Could this actually work lore wise?

Just now, Potato head harvey said:

Speculative scenario: young riku ends up in the realm of darkness at the start of kh1 (just after destiny islands is swallowed) and finds broken way to the dawn (we know time moves differently in the realm of darkness so something going from future to past isn't too far fetched). Young riku scrapes off some of way to the dawn's edges turning it into soul eater. Maleficent then saves riku from the realm of darkness. Fast forward to the end of kh1. Riku get's possessed by ansem. Before we fight ansem/riku he does the whole time travel thing and he ends up being in kh3 (meaning the young riku we keep seeing in trailers is actually the riku/ansem we fight in kh1). Older riku meanwhile (in kh3) ends up breaking way to the dawn ,and knowing what's going on, leaves his broken keyblade behind for the younger version of himself in the realm of darkness. After the events of kh3, ansem/riku goes back to his own time without any memory of what's happened and fight sora and all that stuff.

Does that make sense? Could this actually work lore wise?

OH MY GOD that would actually be so cool! I think this could totally be possible since time travel has been proven in the universe. Also, doesn't time work differently in the RoD? Couldn't it certainly be possible that the broken Way to the Dawn can be found at multiple points in time?

4 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

OH MY GOD that would actually be so cool! I think this could totally be possible since time travel has been proven in the universe. Also, doesn't time work differently in the RoD? Couldn't it certainly be possible that the broken Way to the Dawn can be found at multiple points in time?

Yeah, but it would mean we don't get riku replica back :'(.

That would also explain why souleater has always been considered a keyblade in kh1's code and stuff. Hmm.

3 minutes ago, Potato head harvey said:

Yeah, but it would mean we don't get riku replica back :'(.

That would also explain why souleater has always been considered a keyblade in kh1's code and stuff. Hmm.

Even if this theory is correct it doesn't mean we won't see Repliku, it just means that real Riku wasn't leaving the Way to the Dawn for him specifically, that's all.

2 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

Even if this theory is correct it doesn't mean we won't see Repliku, it just means that real Riku wasn't leaving the Way to the Dawn for him specifically, that's all.

Imagine if we had kh1 possessed riku, kh3 riku, riku replica and data riku all in kh3 hahaha.

2 minutes ago, Potato head harvey said:

Imagine if we had kh1 possessed riku, kh3 riku, riku replica and data riku all in kh3 hahaha.

I'd be cool with that! We have several Soras, Xehanorts, and even three Kairis. I think Four Riku's would be tame. If only they had more unique looks to them minus current Riku lol.