Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Leamax

Three 15-second Kingdom Hearts III commercials were just released; another one coming soon

Square Enix will be releasing three 15-second commercial sometime on Friday, December 21st (JST). Kingdom Hearts director Tetsuya Nomura didn't provide an exact time on his tweet back on December 7th. Please note that this could change.

This is the 2nd wave of commercials that Nomura has shown over the past week. A 30-second cinematic commercial was shown for Japanese movie theaters back on the 16th and the Final Battle trailer was revealed on the 17th. 

We will keep you updated. 

UPDATE [Dec 21, 2018]: The commercials have been released!

The commercials were privatized before being made public again due to some unintentional content present in the third commercial. As per our spoiler policy, we will not be reporting on the specifics of the removed content.

We have also included translations to Kingdom Hearts III director Tetsuya Nomura's tweets [1, 2, 3], thanks to Goldpanner.

The first commercial has been dubbed as the "Friend" version.

[CM1] Evening. We are about to post the 3 different TV commercials. If I paste the links into one post only one video will show, so I hope you don't mind me posting them separately. First is the "Friend" version. -Nomura

The second commercial is the "Battle" version.

[CM2] Next is the "Battle" version. These 3 commercials will begin airing on broadcast TV from early January next year, but on Dlife they will be showing up from midnight. -Nomura

The third commercial is the "Story" version.

[CM3] Last is "Story". WRT CMs, on top of the 30s & 3x 15s there is now suddenly 1 more coming, though editing hasn't started. More info is coming, so please wait for various upcoming official announcements. Ok, see you various upcoming times. -Nomura

According to Nomura's last tweet, another promotional video for Kingdom Hearts III is planned for release! According to the wording of the tweet, it seems this will be another commercial.

UPDATE [Dec 23, 2018]: We now have translations for some new lines from the three commercials! Thanks go to KH13 Staff @Mio-chan and Solis, and @aitaikimochii, who translated the lines from "Story"!

From "Friend":

[0:02] Mickey: “You don’t have to handle everything alone, Sora.”
[0:05] Donald: “We are heroes too, look! ”
[0:07] Goofy: “Together!”
[0:09] Sora: “We’ll always be together.”

From "Battle":

[0:09] Sora: "Here they come!"

From "Story":

[0:01] Sora: "You think it’s that easy to take someone’s heart?"
[0:05] Kairi: "This battle will be different than the others."
[0:08] Riku: "I believe that you will never give up!"

View full article

Edited by Leamax

I'm sure It's just the same scenes being played over again. I think Square is done with big reveal trailers this year. I'm not really expecting anything other than a launch trailer and tons of commercials next month. I'm in no way complaining at all the dozens of trailers and information we got. I'm overly-satisfied with what SE gave us this year and I'll be good until January 29th as long as I manage to keep myself from being tempted at watching the Japanese cutscenes of the game unlike what I did when 0.2 came out in Japan. Only took me one day and I caved. My will is weak.

I also managed to finally get a device that runs Union X and get the code for the Starlight Keyblade, so now I'm just so ready for this game. Even so, I'll try to cherish the rest of these days that I can wait for KH3. It'll be over in a blink of an eye and soon the long wait will be no more. The five years I've been waiting for this game have been long and filled with anticipation that the game might release in previous years. I'll surely miss the fun community sleepovers we had when some trailers were released at like 2-4 in the morning and all the theories and speculation that the community created. The wait for the next game may not be the same like it was for KH 3, but I'll be sure to follow the development of it again and see where they take the series from here. This road trip has been an awesome one and this isn't quite a goodbye, but maybe a new beginning.

Edited by ITzDarthLordRevan

3 hours ago, PrinceNoctis said:

Yaaaaay! There probably won't be any new scenes. But just a new montage is enough to please me. I bet they're going to play "Chikai"...again ?

Them playing the same song over and over again does get repetitive.

1 hour ago, ienzo628 said:

Them playing the same song over and over again does get repetitive.

Seriously, I love the song, don't get me wrong, Chikai/Don't Think Twice is one of my all-time favorites, but jeez, can we hear some music from Yoko for once?

59 minutes ago, DJ369 said:

Seriously, I love the song, don't get me wrong, Chikai/Don't Think Twice is one of my all-time favorites, but jeez, can we hear some music from Yoko for once?

Yeah hearing the same song continuously is irritating. 

The only thing that stood out to me was Aquanort's keyblade. 
It's Mickey themed and almost looked a bit like a variation of the Starseeker. Hmmm?

I hate that Aqua got norted, but man. You have to admit that shot of her running across the water really quickly with an angry look on her face was frickin awesome! I'm going to get my butt kicked by Aqua as Riku and I will gladly take the L. This woman is a queen whether good or bad.

32 minutes ago, Ventus_ said:

The only thing that stood out to me was Aquanort's keyblade. 
It's Mickey themed and almost looked a bit like a variation of the Starseeker. Hmmm?

It's Mickey's new Keyblade. She probably took it from him because she doesn't have her own Keyblade or the Master Defender with her. 

7 minutes ago, LostArtis said:

yea they screwed up one of the trailers, revealed too much

Was it the part with Aqua or something? I didn't really see any of it as spoilery, so I'm confused.

Edit: Never mind. It's back. It looks like it's the same thing though. Is there anything different about it?

7 minutes ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

Was it the part with Aqua or something? I didn't really see any of it as spoilery, so I'm confused.

Edit: Never mind. It's back. It looks like it's the same thing though. Is there anything different about it?

Yea it's pretty much the same. But don't go to the subreddit if you don't want to get spoiled

33 minutes ago, LostArtis said:

Yea it's pretty much the same. But don't go to the subreddit if you don't want to get spoiled

Are the spoilers specifically about Aqua? Oh god... But if the content didn't change... What could it be? But I'm not looking at anything :c