Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

Kingdom Hearts III's "Final Battle Trailer" has been released

48 minutes ago, 2 quid is good said:

He couldn't even heal himself, on brand to the end.

Donald: KAMEHAMEHA!!!!!!!!!!!! (Faints)

Sora with no MP: Donald don't go!

Donald: Sora I wanna tell you... That everytime you died on screen was just me trolling you and this might be my biggest stunt yet:)

(Dies)

Holy, they just dropped so many additional plot points. Gameplay looks awesome as ever. Love the effort put into the mini games too. I wonder if the part in the beginning of the trailer had to do with the recent leak (lol)... in that sense, SE was definitely really reactionary in editing the video this past weekend.

I also wonder if that last scene with Riku was meant to make us wonder if Riku's the one that's gonna be axed... This isnt the first time SE has tried to mislead us though so I hope that's the case... 

It's so sad to hear such a distinct difference in voice over for older Xehanort at the end of the English trailer. No one will ever be able to replace Leonard Nimoy.

10 minutes ago, blue490246 said:

Holy, they just dropped so many additional plot points. Gameplay looks awesome as ever. Love the effort put into the mini games too. I wonder if the part in the beginning of the trailer had to do with the recent leak (lol)... in that sense, SE was definitely really reactionary in editing the video this past weekend.

I also wonder if that last scene with Riku was meant to make us wonder if Riku's the one that's gonna be axed... This isnt the first time SE has tried to mislead us though so I hope that's the case... 

It's so sad to hear such a distinct difference in voice over for older Xehanort at the end of the English trailer. No one will ever be able to replace Leonard Nimoy.

Yeah for real Nimoy was perfect. With that said Xehanort's new voice has grown on me a bit, but it's just not... gravelly enough?

Sniffs Sighs I guess that's it no More Disney Worlds Cries It's just 7 of them why Square Enix Why!? I failed you Jim Hawkins, Mowgli, Pocahontas, Tiana, and Milo Thatch i failed you all.

Edited by johnkhfan95

1 minute ago, johnkhfan95 said:

Sniffs Sighs I guess that's it no More Disney Worlds Cries It's just 7 of them why Square Enix Why!? I failed you Jim Hawkins, Mowgli, Pocahontas, Tiana, and Milo Thatch i failed you all.

I don't think the world count is a bad thing necessarily since we've already how expansive the worlds. Mind you I was praying for Treasure Planet.

12 minutes ago, Analogman said:

I don't think the world count is a bad thing necessarily since we've already how expansive the worlds. Mind you I was praying for Treasure Planet.

Wait you was also praying for Treasure Planet too so i wasn't the only one who wanted Treasure planet in Kingdom Hearts 3 (Which might not happen cause of POTC: At World's end)

7 minutes ago, johnkhfan95 said:

Wait you was also praying for Treasure Planet too so i wasn't the only one who wanted Treasure planet in Kingdom Hearts 3 (Which might not happen cause of POTC: At World's end)

You new around here man? People have been praying for all the worlds you listed since time immemorial

3 minutes ago, 2 quid is good said:

You new around here man? People have been praying for all the worlds you listed since time immemorial

Well at first i used to used my Google Account to get access to this forum but i've created a Real KH13 account to get access to the forum now that i'm New here and now we're all going to have to wait till the Next Saga for the New Disney Worlds.

Edited by johnkhfan95

OK, so this trailer has a lot to take in. I'll probably stick with the positives for now, even though I do feel a rant coming on about some things (mostly about Kairi, a little bit about Riku, and maybe some other things like with Radiant Garden and the FF characters, but I'll talk about those later).

Even with the weird trailer set up, I did like the trailer. It's not my favorite but it was nice hearing a different song for a change (before they changed it back to Don't Think Twice). We got some more dramatic moments with the Disney worlds (which is great to see sense some of the fans make the Disney stuff out to be useless filler that's all happy and go lucky and seeing some stakes, especally with the worlds having an original plot, that proves them wrong). I think the new world is Cable Town but they just changed the name of it. I'm curious about it but with Radiant Garden looking more and more likely not to be playable (still not impossible though), I got to be honest, I'd rather have that then the new world, even if it is somewhat more needed for the plot. With Stairway to Heaven or whatever it's called introduced I'm hoping they don't add anymore unnecessary plots to a game that already has a lot that it has to wrap up, but it's Kingdom Hearts so it would not surprise me. Also I almost think it's the final world, which makes me a little more optimistic since Nomura said it's his favorite but Kingdom Hearts itself might not be the final world.

Now let's talk about the Keyblade Graveyard stuff. I think some people might see this as too much shown (and it's possible they might be right). I personally still think knowing Kingdom Hearts everything shown might be a red herring. We still don't know much about the context. But I can maybe understand people being a little bit more upset this time cause it was footage of the potentially final battle. But seeing everyone apparently getting either axed off or dragged into darkness was unsettling, even though I doubt it's gonna end that way (at least I hope not). Like Donald's "death" will hurt me like no tomorrow but he's probably gonna pull a Goofy, the original characters are kinda up in the air though concerning death, though there are some that I do think are gonna be safe. They might just be chilling in the darkness with Aqua though.

With Riku being playable, I'm both happy and a little sad. I don't see it as much as a surprise as they made it out to be. Like we played as him before and he was always the most likely one, which I love Riku but I'm still hoping for another playable character that is a little more surprising.  

24 minutes ago, Tyranto Rex said:

OK, so this trailer has a lot to take in. I'll probably stick with the positives for now, even though I do feel a rant coming on about some things (mostly about Kairi, a little bit about Riku, and maybe some other things like with Radiant Garden and the FF characters, but I'll talk about those later).

Even with the weird trailer set up, I did like the trailer. It's not my favorite but it was nice hearing a different song for a change (before they changed it back to Don't Think Twice). We got some more dramatic moments with the Disney worlds (which is great to see sense some of the fans make the Disney stuff out to be useless filler that's all happy and go lucky and seeing some stakes, especally with the worlds having an original plot, that proves them wrong). I think the new world is Cable Town but they just changed the name of it. I'm curious about it but with Radiant Garden looking more and more likely not to be playable (still not impossible though), I got to be honest, I'd rather have that then the new world, even if it is somewhat more needed for the plot. With Stairway to Heaven or whatever it's called introduced I'm hoping they don't add anymore unnecessary plots to a game that already has a lot that it has to wrap up, but it's Kingdom Hearts so it would not surprise me. Also I almost think it's the final world, which makes me a little more optimistic since Nomura said it's his favorite but Kingdom Hearts itself might not be the final world.

Now let's talk about the Keyblade Graveyard stuff. I think some people might see this as too much shown (and it's possible they might be right). I personally still think knowing Kingdom Hearts everything shown might be a red herring. We still don't know much about the context. But I can maybe understand people being a little bit more upset this time cause it was footage of the potentially final battle. But seeing everyone apparently getting either axed off or dragged into darkness was unsettling, even though I doubt it's gonna end that way (at least I hope not). Like Donald's "death" will hurt me like no tomorrow but he's probably gonna pull a Goofy, the original characters are kinda up in the air though concerning death, though there are some that I do think are gonna be safe. They might just be chilling in the darkness with Aqua though.

With Riku being playable, I'm both happy and a little sad. I don't see it as much as a surprise as they made it out to be. Like we played as him before and he was always the most likely one, which I love Riku but I'm still hoping for another playable character that is a little more surprising.  

Yeah I was really hoping that Kairi would be playable this time around since she's the only KH character we haven't gotten to play as yet. I'm really interested to know what her pay style is like as a keyblade wielder.

3 hours ago, Ultima Spark said:

*wants to give Lea four Shock Charms*

More seriously, what the hell, was the KH2 manga not enough punishment for him?

(That one lingering fear in the back of my mind since 2012 might actually become true...)

This trailer disturbed me greatly. Lea better get a happy ending after all this suffering or I'm gonna be pissed and I have a feeling I'm gonna be pissed. Nomura really screwed this plot up from DDD after.... So disappointed.

14 minutes ago, HarLea Quinn said:

This trailer disturbed me greatly. Lea better get a happy ending after all this suffering or I'm gonna be pissed and I have a feeling I'm gonna be pissed. Nomura really screwed this plot up from DDD after.... So disappointed.

Yeah and with the trailer for the opening and the hints of Xion, it seems like Xehanort might be playing Xion and Roxas against Lea.  They might end up beating the heck out of Lea which is probably why we saw Kairi screaming at him.

12 minutes ago, ienzo628 said:

Yeah and with the trailer for the opening and the hints of Xion, it seems like Xehanort might be playing Xion and Roxas against Lea.  They might end up beating the heck out of Lea which is probably why we saw Kairi screaming at him.

I'm just hoping this is all red herrings bc otherwise I'm gonna be so annoyed. I'm tired of Nomura ruining this series as more time goes by with constant retcons and bad writing. I love KH but if he ruins KH3 after all this time I'll be done. Time travel was bad enough, this is just annoying. There needs to be some happiness after all this constant suffering, anguish, and pain and if not there's no pay-off to me. Just how I feel lol

1 minute ago, HarLea Quinn said:

I'm just hoping this is all red herrings bc otherwise I'm gonna be so annoyed. I'm tired of Nomura ruining this series as more time goes by with constant retcons and bad writing. I love KH but if he ruins KH3 after all this time I'll be done. Time travel was bad enough, this is just annoying. There needs to be some happiness after all this constant suffering, anguish, and pain and if not there's no pay-off to me. Just how I feel lol

It would leave a bad taste in many people's mouths if Nomura decides to pull the "unexpected" and have Roxas and Xion kill Lea.  I mean, how did those two get brought back and why would they help Xehanort in killing their best friend?

6 minutes ago, ienzo628 said:

It would leave a bad taste in many people's mouths if Nomura decides to pull the "unexpected" and have Roxas and Xion kill Lea.  I mean, how did those two get brought back and why would they help Xehanort in killing their best friend?

Well they have laid out since DDD how they were gonna bring them back. They were able to grow their own hearts and from that they can be their own person. From there they can find bodies somehow. Nomura will create some plot point.lol Then there's ATW's research also saying they can all be saved. We don't know if they will be killing Lea or if this is all meant to be red herrings and build tensions but I don't trust Nomura's writing at this point. lolllll

5 hours ago, 2 quid is good said:

WHAT THE HELLLLLLLLLL

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

4 hours ago, Lu Xun said:

Amazing! What is that place that appears in the last scene?

Scala ad caelum. If if recall correctly there was a exlusiv concept art that was shown during the release of KH 2.5 which this world is. Could be the final world even

3 hours ago, blue490246 said:

Nobody is nimoy but I am surprised that they havent gotten a voice actor  that sounds just like him like they did with johnny depp. The fact that the scene with sora breaking down plays just right after we were shown riku is to be prove that its going to be anyone but him and I am pretty sure its not going to be any of the disney characters so I bet either on axel or kairi. And even than the question is of its just a fake out death

Edited by Dustin Lübbers

26 minutes ago, HarLea Quinn said:

Well they have laid out since DDD how they were gonna bring them back. They were able to grow their own hearts and from that they can be their own person. From there they can find bodies somehow. Nomura will create some plot point.lol Then there's ATW's research also saying they can all be saved. We don't know if they will be killing Lea or if this is all meant to be red herrings and build tensions but I don't trust Nomura's writing at this point. lolllll

I understand how you feel, I only got into this series seriously around 2011 or 2012 when I got Birth by Sleep for the PSP, though I did play plenty of KH2 back in the day, and played games since then, and I can seen some retcons/afterthoughts in there since KH2 and BBS, such as Nobodies having Hearts, the X-Blade's forging changing from a Heart of Light and a Heart of Darkness to Seven Lights and Thirteen Darknesses, and the new Princesses of Heart in KH3 itself, but what other retcons have they made other than those? Some of them don't bother me too much as the X-Blade's forging in BBS was kinda too easy, and the way that is now is something I feel is better, but there is one thing I would be let down and disappointed by is if Xehanort was possessed all along and/or has a motive that makes him cliche just to make him evil for the sake of being evil, or being overthrown by one of th eothers like Braig, who I despise with a passion, or anyone else, as it would ruin the impact of Xehanort's character for me.

Edited by KHLegendIII

I am still dissatified by the whole new cast of POHs.   I guess they needed to cast the previous six off because their plots are over and Disney and Square need to appeal to a newer audience instead of finding new ways of incorporating the previous POHs (excluding  Kairi) into the story.   

45 minutes ago, HarLea Quinn said:

I've been nervous about the ending ever since Nomura's been talking about it. I really hope they don't pull an Avengers Infinity War ending. Somewhat unpopular opinion I was not a big fan of Infinity War, but I won't get into that here. I don't like endings that are dark for the sake of being dark. It only works in things like Dystopias or Dramas. Like I don't need everything to be sunshine and rainbows but a balance would be nice. Like it's Kingdom Hearts. I really do want to stay positive for this game cause I've been looking forward to it for years and I don't want to be negitive about it at all and Nomura could be pulling everyones leg and I know not everything I want to happen or be in the game is gonna happen. It would be impossible for everyone to get what they want. So something is gonna end up either disappointing me or make me angry and I'm prepared for it, depending on what it is. I'll just have to wait and see.

43 minutes ago, KHLegendIII said:

I understand how you feel, I only got into this series seriously around 2011 or 2012 when I got Birth by Sleep for the PSP, though I did play plenty of KH2 back in the day, and played games since then, and I can seen some retcons/afterthoughts in there since KH2 and BBS, such as Nobodies having Hearts, the X-Blade's forging changing from a Heart of Light and a Heart of Darkness to Seven Lights and Thirteen Darknesses, and the new Princesses of Heart in KH3 itself, but what other retcons have they made other than those? Some of them don't bother me too much as the X-Blade's forging in BBS was kinda too easy, and the way that is now is something I feel is better, but there is one thing I would be let down and disappointed by is if Xehanort was possessed all along and/or has a motive that makes him cliche just to make him evil for the sake of being evil, or being overthrown by one of th eothers like Braig, who I despise with a passion, or anyone else, as it would ruin the impact of Xehanort's character for me.

The whole plot from the beginning has been retconned as even Nomura has admitted writing as he goes. That's never good lol. Those you listed themselves were bad enough and everything after DDD it basically a retcon and IMHO all unnecessary. If we want to go into a list go into my thread history you will see I have made many threads discussing the retcons and DDD on commited the worst. Chi/Union Cross was completely unneccessary and at first Nomura said wasn't even suppose to be canon. Then he changed that too. I'm sure just to make a buck and get more people to play while we all wait for KH3.It's why I refuse to play it. But even so as a fan I stayed. If he ruins KH3 too well I just can't keep doing that to myself..

8 minutes ago, Tyranto Rex said:

I've been nervous about the ending ever since Nomura's been talking about it. I really hope they don't pull an Avengers Infinity War ending. Somewhat unpopular opinion I was not a big fan of Infinity War, but I won't get into that here. I don't like endings that are dark for the sake of being dark. It only works in things like Dystopias or Dramas. Like I don't need everything to be sunshine and rainbows but a balance would be nice. Like it's Kingdom Hearts. I really do want to stay positive for this game cause I've been looking forward to it for years and I don't want to be negitive about it at all and Nomura could be pulling everyones leg and I know not everything I want to happen or be in the game is gonna happen. It would be impossible for everyone to get what they want. So something is gonna end up either disappointing me or make me angry and I'm prepared for it, depending on what it is. I'll just have to wait and see.

I thought Infinity War had a lot of other hater's too? I know I saw a lot of people complaining at least. Also, yes I agree with you 100% on KH but also Nomura's track record leads me to believe this is gonna be bad :/

47 minutes ago, HarLea Quinn said:

I  agree with everything here and somehow I look forward to it though probably cause my investment but what I wanna say is that Nomura also breaks the tension and immersion if he keeps bringing everyone back.

I get why he does that THE ULTIMATE FINAL BATTLE EXPIERENCE blablabla I get it but if you bring everyone back AGAIN than what tension is there if we know they can be brought back at anytime?

Xion is gone but don't worry she be back playing the puppet.

Axel is gone but don't worry he is back helping the heroes and will suffer again.

Roxas the most unfortunte person in the franchise is back honestly I don't know what to say XD

56 minutes ago, HarLea Quinn said:

I'm optimistic (Please don't taker it away I'm hardcore pessimist so this is an unique expierence for me XD) but if Nomura decides after all of this to not give any of the characters a good ending or atleast a decent one I might just consider everything after Kingdom Hearts 2 non canon and quite the series. Everything after 2 was making the characters suffer, retcon or open ended so they could return in KH3.

1 hour ago, HarLea Quinn said:

You wanna know the best part... After Dream Drop Distance Nomura changed the Time travel rules in the MMO by ''Darkness'' meeting Maleficent for some reason. Tetsuya Nomura had 6 years the time to work on Kingdom Hearts 3 and making us believe this is how Time Travel works... To only change it later cause whatever reason.

7 minutes ago, HarLea Quinn said:

The whole plot from the beginning has been retconned as even Nomura has admitted writing as he goes. That's never good lol. Those you listed themselves were bad enough and everything after DDD it basically a retcon and IMHO all unnecessary. If we want to go into a list go into my thread history you will see I have made many threads discussing the retcons and DDD on commited the worst. Chi/Union Cross was completely unneccessary and at first Nomura said wasn't even suppose to be canon. Then he changed that too. I'm sure just to make a buck and get more people to play while we all wait for KH3.It's why I refuse to play it. But even so as a fan I stayed. If he ruins KH3 too well I just can't keep doing that to myself..

I thought Infinity War had a lot of other hater's too? I know I saw a lot of people complaining at least but yes I agree with you 100% and Nomura's track record leads me to believe this is gonna be bad :/

Don't get me started on Union Cross.

I'll admit sometimes making things up as you go along can work. It can lead to something really creative with a lot of possiblities, but, it can often lead to disaster and really messy writing at times. If a work is more plot heavy it's usually really messy.

It's not an completly unpopular opinon to hate Infinity War. I think it's a love or hate sort of deal, which makes it half an unpopular opinion. ;)