Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

I'm pretty happy with like 99% of the announcements so far. However, there are a few things that I wasn't super enthused about. The first disappointment was the reveal of the Hundred Acre Wood. It's not that I hate the world, it's just that every time Sora goes there it's the exact same thing: gather all pooh's friends together by playing mini games. The world never evolves, it's always the same. And I find that boring.

Also, while I do like the fact that we'll be playing as Riku again, I was disappointed that they didn't reveal gameplay for a character we've never been able to play as before. My big choices would be either Kairi or Lea. Of course, the game isn't out yet, so I'm still holding out hope for this one. And again, Riku's gameplay does look pretty awesome, so I'm looking forward to it.

Lastly, like everyone else, I find the lack of Final Fantasy character announcements very disappointing. I get that they want to make sure the focus stays on the original characters, but this series is still supposed to be a Disney/Final Fantasy crossover, which means it should have more FF characters.

KH3 looks amazing so far. World design, characters, story, all look fantastic. My main issue, however, lies with the gameplay mechanics. The gameplay actually looks very enticing, and I'm sure my opinions will change for better or worse once I actually get my hands on the game. However, there are also parts to it that look really floaty and a lot of the gameplay feels more gimmicky and has a flashy effect from the naked eye. KH2 had really great gameplay mechanics and had an amazing feel to it. There wasn't a ton of flashiness, even when some parts did have flashiness such as the drive forms. Everything was pretty much fluid and allowed the user to thoroughly enjoy the game. The only problem with KH2's gameplay was that it was easy, and the difficulty wasn't there. Even on critical mode, the difficulty of the game wasn't at all that high. KH3, from the looks and opinions of others, seems to have increased difficulty, which is great. I'd just like for the game to include some sort of way to go back to that KH2 feeling of gameplay where everything was fluid, attached and less floaty. Those attraction flow/systems don't seem to pull me in all that much. Having a way to disable that would be awesome. 

Furthermore, the glowing walls don't fit too well with me right now. I know they are meant as indicators to climb up a wall, but looking at gameplay footage, it looks really annoying to the naked eye. I'd prefer some way to disable it all together or allow the user to examine it with triangle or something of the sorts. Just having an alternative to the glowing walls would make the game a lot better in my opinion. 

Aside from those gameplay issues, my last issue stems with the world selection. All the worlds are great, I just wish we had more newer worlds. Twilight Town is something I'm perfectly okay with, considering it's an original world and it looks fantastic. Olympus, I'm iffy on. I love Hercules and the story they give, but I'd rather have that space reserved for a world that everyone wants to see in Kingdom Hearts. Obviously, it would have to fit with the story of the series, but a newer movie storyline would be nice. Similarly enough, POTC is a world I'm iffy on too. The place looks beautiful, voice acting well done, and Sora looks pretty rad in a Pirate outfit. There's not too many issues with the world so far, but I know not everyone is fond of the world because we've visited Jack Sparrow before and would like a new taste. Pirates wasn't the most ideal place to visit in KH2 and I'm not sure how it fits in KH3. Since this will probably be a game that will hold us down for awhile, I would've preferred a newer world here rather than a revisit of the same area. If there's a way to incorporate DLC worlds, I'm all for it. As of now however, I'd prefer newer worlds all around in terms of Disney properties. 

That's all I have! 

Character development for the whole Destiny Trio. I hope I'm wrong because the trailers are out of context, but apart from Riku's sacrifice, and Sora finally breaking down, it doesn't look like they are going to grow much. I like them enough as they are for it not to bother me too much, but still.

It seems that instead of giving Riku new development, we're just going to go over his darkness, his mistakes back in KH1, Ansem, and his replica all over again. While the whole replica thing will still be interesting, and I'm interested to see how Repliku himself will develop, the rest has become beating a dead horse. 

As much as I like Lea/Axel, it seems like potential character development for Kairi, the main heroine and the first original female character of this series, has been pushed aside for him. The dude who was originally meant to be a CoM villain and nothing else. I've grown to like him quite a lot over the years, and especially by playing Days, but it doesn't seem like good storytelling when an originally minor character usurps (one of) the main character(s). I also feel that instead of seeing Kairi for Kairi, she's become a replacement for Xion in Axel's life. I don't mind making the connection, it makes sense, and I love Xion, but it shouldn't be all the relationship is based around. Same with Sora

On 12/29/2018 at 4:07 AM, Jake said:

KH3 looks amazing so far. World design, characters, story, all look fantastic. My main issue, however, lies with the gameplay mechanics. The gameplay actually looks very enticing, and I'm sure my opinions will change for better or worse once I actually get my hands on the game. However, there are also parts to it that look really floaty and a lot of the gameplay feels more gimmicky and has a flashy effect from the naked eye. KH2 had really great gameplay mechanics and had an amazing feel to it. There wasn't a ton of flashiness, even when some parts did have flashiness such as the drive forms. Everything was pretty much fluid and allowed the user to thoroughly enjoy the game. The only problem with KH2's gameplay was that it was easy, and the difficulty wasn't there. Even on critical mode, the difficulty of the game wasn't at all that high. KH3, from the looks and opinions of others, seems to have increased difficulty, which is great. I'd just like for the game to include some sort of way to go back to that KH2 feeling of gameplay where everything was fluid, attached and less floaty. Those attraction flow/systems don't seem to pull me in all that much. Having a way to disable that would be awesome. 

Furthermore, the glowing walls don't fit too well with me right now. I know they are meant as indicators to climb up a wall, but looking at gameplay footage, it looks really annoying to the naked eye. I'd prefer some way to disable it all together or allow the user to examine it with triangle or something of the sorts. Just having an alternative to the glowing walls would make the game a lot better in my opinion. 

Aside from those gameplay issues, my last issue stems with the world selection. All the worlds are great, I just wish we had more newer worlds. Twilight Town is something I'm perfectly okay with, considering it's an original world and it looks fantastic. Olympus, I'm iffy on. I love Hercules and the story they give, but I'd rather have that space reserved for a world that everyone wants to see in Kingdom Hearts. Obviously, it would have to fit with the story of the series, but a newer movie storyline would be nice. Similarly enough, POTC is a world I'm iffy on too. The place looks beautiful, voice acting well done, and Sora looks pretty rad in a Pirate outfit. There's not too many issues with the world so far, but I know not everyone is fond of the world because we've visited Jack Sparrow before and would like a new taste. Pirates wasn't the most ideal place to visit in KH2 and I'm not sure how it fits in KH3. Since this will probably be a game that will hold us down for awhile, I would've preferred a newer world here rather than a revisit of the same area. If there's a way to incorporate DLC worlds, I'm all for it. As of now however, I'd prefer newer worlds all around in terms of Disney properties. 

That's all I have! 

Spoiler

As it turns out, you CAN disable keyblade transformations. Not sure about attraction flow, though. 

Edited by Kittenz

28 minutes ago, Kittenz said:

I'm sad that instead of giving Riku new character development, it seems like we're just going to go over his darkness, his mistakes back in KH1, Ansem, and his replica all over again. While the whole replica thing will still be interesting, and I'm interested to see how repliku himself will develop, the rest has become beating a dead horse. 

Light gameplay spoiler (Hide contents)

As it turns out, you CAN disable keyblade transformations. Not sure about attraction flow, though. 

I think Riku will get new character development. I don't think it's just going to be a rehash of his battle with the darkness, since he's alredy embraced it and accepted it as part of him. I imagine they'll do something else with him and Repliku. 

Spoiler

It's cool that they set it up so you can turn off the Keyblade transformations. I think the chances of me using this feature will depend on how often they pop up. That was my major issue with the Kingdom Hearts 2 battle system was the Reaction Commands and Limit Commands. I hated the darn things, limit commands especially; I always deactivate the ability as soon as I recruit the character, but it always bugged me that there was no way to disable the reaction commands.

I personally think the gameplay of Kingdom hearts 3 looks awesome! Can't wait to try it when I get the game.

3 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

I think Riku will get new character development. I don't think it's just going to be a rehash of his battle with the darkness, since he's alredy embraced it and accepted it as part of him. I imagine they'll do something else with him and Repliku. 

Re: Light gameplay spoiler (Reveal hidden contents)

It's cool that they set it up so you can turn off the Keyblade transformations. I think the chances of me using this feature will depend on how often they pop up. That was my major issue with the Kingdom Hearts 2 battle system was the Reaction Commands and Limit Commands. I hated the darn things, limit commands especially; I always deactivate the ability as soon as I recruit the character, but it always bugged me that there was no way to disable the reaction commands.

I personally think the gameplay of Kingdom hearts 3 looks awesome! Can't wait to try it when I get the game.

I hope so, it's just that a lot of the scenes we've seen in trailers so far are talking about the same things regarding Riku himself that I thought was put to rest in DDD. The battle between him and Repliku with Ansem looks awesome, but it also means we're probably going to see Ansem spiel about darkness to Riku again.

Yeah, the gameplay looks like it will be a lot of fun. I'll probably take a while to get to the next story parts between playing, because I'll be goofing around lol

1 minute ago, Kittenz said:

I hope so, it's just that a lot of the scenes we've seen in trailers so far are talking about the same things regarding Riku himself that I thought was put to rest in DDD. The battle between him and Repliku with Ansem looks awesome, but it also means we're probably going to see Ansem spiel about darkness to Riku again.

Yeah, the gameplay looks like it will be a lot of fun. I'll probably take a while to get to the next story parts between playing, because I'll be goofing around lol

I remember when I first downloaded the demo for Kingdom Hearts 3D, I spent like two hours just playing around with the Flowmotion, lol. It was just so much fun to use!

sigh...

Okay, big disappointment incoming.

Spoiler

It has come to my attention that Radiant Garden is not playable.

And with that, the last death knell for Final Fantasy rings out long and hollow. I am.....

Quite sad at this. But I had prepared myself for the disappointment ever since 2015. So that's not what really hurts my heart.

I'm even more upset that the above world mentioned is not playable. That just feels like... a huge slap in the face. I'm going to make a longer post later to fully explain my feelings on this, but yeah, I'm feelin' kinda blue.

On 1/1/2019 at 7:28 AM, Kittenz said:

Character development for the whole Destiny Trio. I hope I'm wrong because the trailers are out of context, but apart from Riku's sacrifice, and Sora finally breaking down, it doesn't look like they are going to grow much. I like them enough as they are for it not to bother me too much, but still.

It seems that instead of giving Riku new development, we're just going to go over his darkness, his mistakes back in KH1, Ansem, and his replica all over again. While the whole replica thing will still be interesting, and I'm interested to see how Repliku himself will develop, the rest has become beating a dead horse. 

As much as I like Lea/Axel, it seems like potential character development for Kairi, the main heroine and the first original female character of this series, has been pushed aside for him. The dude who was originally meant to be a CoM villain and nothing else. I've grown to like him quite a lot over the years, and especially by playing Days, but it doesn't seem like good storytelling when an originally minor character usurps (one of) the main character(s). I also feel that instead of seeing Kairi for Kairi, she's become a replacement for Xion in Axel's life. I don't mind making the connection, it makes sense, and I love Xion, but it shouldn't be all the relationship is based around. Same with Sora

I'm also hoping a lot of these are out of context. Riku has proven himself over and over again that he can control the darkness, especally with DDD so hopefully his development in KH3 is not him learning to control it all over again. It would be repetitive.

And yeah I'm also hoping the whole relationship between Lea and Kairi ain't just Lea with replacement Xion. It's been bothering me since the final battle trailer. I'm hoping Lea learns that these are different people cause he does the same thing with Sora sometimes, but at least with Sora you know they are not gonna make him a replacement Roxas. Like Kairi has been there since the beginning, that would be so disrespectful to her.