Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Ventus_

How Long Should the KH3 Spoiler Policy Last?

How Long Should the KH3 Spoiler Policy Last?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. How Long Should the KH3 Spoiler Policy Last?

• End of February
    • Beginning of March
    • End of March
    • Beginning of April

My thoughts are that a question of this importance shouldn't be left to a poll of the day where almost no one will see it because its never going to be among the five most recently updated topics.

Please change the recently updated back to newly posted, I've already outlined why in previous posts.

and to answer the question properly, I think at least six months.

3 hours ago, 2 quid is good said:

My thoughts are that a question of this importance shouldn't be left to a poll of the day where almost no one will see it because its never going to be among the five most recently updated topics.

Please change the recently updated back to newly posted, I've already outlined why in previous posts.

and to answer the question properly, I think at least six months.

The requests/suggestions for features thread can be found in KH13 Lounge. ;) 

Historically, we've done these questions in poll of the day and haven't ran into issues. Also keep in mind that potd is featured on social media, and the site's front page, in addition to (currently) being the second most recently updated forum topic, amongst the top five, so you need not worry about it being overlooked. 

As for the question I vote for the end of March to give people a steady two months to complete the game. I figure if you're a big enough fan that you still care to visit a KH fansite even amidst spoilers, you're probably more likely to want to finish the game in a shorter amount of time than the average joe. xD 

I think a month or so is plenty of time for people to play the game and hold off on spoilers. I feel like people who don't want to be spoiled will be smart enough to avoid KH fan sites for a few weeks after release, so I don't think we need more than a month.

Well, if I'm being honest here, I think that the spoiler policy should be lifted by the beginning of April. There are many players that will take their time to complete the game, and then there are others who due to time restraints and their daily lives taking up their time will go through the game a bit slower, ya know?

I'm very good at avoiding spoilers, so I'm not too worried, but I'd probably feel much safer if the spoiler policy stuck around till the beginning of April, ya know?

And keep in mind that this is an experience that many have been waiting for so long, and as such will want to play through the game at their own pace to enjoy the reward for their patience, ya know? I'm one such person, as I don't want to rush through the game for fear of spoilers, ya know?

Edited by The Transcendent Key

I think this will depend on when the DLC comes out. imo it'd be best if the spoiler policy aligned with how Square Enix is treating spoilers, since they'll need to also address it at some point if they are to market DLCs (provided the DLC story content requires some form of in-game completion to understand it). So my guess would be perhaps end of March before we hear anything concrete about extra DLC at the earliest. 

3 hours ago, WakelessDream said:

The requests/suggestions for features thread can be found in KH13 Lounge. ;) 

Historically, we've done these questions in poll of the day and haven't ran into issues. Also keep in mind that potd is featured on social media, and the site's front page, in addition to (currently) being the second most recently updated forum topic, amongst the top five, so you need not worry about it being overlooked. 

As for the question I vote for the end of March to give people a steady two months to complete the game. I figure if you're a big enough fan that you still care to visit a KH fansite even amidst spoilers, you're probably more likely to want to finish the game in a shorter amount of time than the average joe. xD 

Thanks, but I've already made my suggestion there in the past and don't want to spam. This is the only feature of the new site that I have a real issue with but whatever I guess

8 hours ago, 2 quid is good said:

Thanks, but I've already made my suggestion there in the past and don't want to spam. This is the only feature of the new site that I have a real issue with but whatever I guess

I think you missed her point.... this is for discussing the spoiler policy not for discussing changes to the site. Also people can go to the social tab and see others posts from topics plus the topics in general regardless.

3 hours ago, HarLea Quinn said:

I think you missed her point.... this is for discussing the spoiler policy not for discussing changes to the site. Also people can go to the social tab and see others posts from topics plus the topics in general regardless.

Ahh sorry, I misunderstood then. Thanks you both

Around two months.

There's people that will take around a month to get the game. I was seeing some stores here in Brazil ans it'd take 12 business days to arrive to me. God I am getting the digital one, but maybe not everyone can get it since it is usually a bit more expensive than buying in a store here 

I apologize that I'm late but I believe the end of March at the minimum and end of April at maximum is ideal as it should provide fair accommodation for everyone under all reasonable circumstances. 

As most dedicated fans will have pre-ordered it by this point, It should be adequate time for completion of the game with RL schedules while maintaining a safe environment for participation in the forums during progress for those who want to avoid spoilers but don't want to stay away. 

Taking until March just to obtain the game isn't really our problem.