Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Leamax

Kingdom Hearts III 15-second trailer to be released sometime today

Square Enix will be releasing a 15-second commercial sometime on Friday, December 21st (JST). Kingdom Hearts director Tetsuya Nomura didn't provide an exact time on his tweet back on December 7th. Please note that this could change.

This is the 2nd commercial that Nomura has shown over the past week. A 30-second cinematic commercial was shown for Japanese movie theaters back on the 16th and the Final Battle trailer was revealed on the 17th. 

We will keep you updated. 

View full article

15 seconds is really short but then again, we got hit in the face with a crying Sora in a 30 second commercial so I'm not inclined to say we will see nothing of utmost importance. I don't know if I want to see something like this again, considering it will be ripped immensely out of context and it's still a commercial after all.

18 minutes ago, Merilly said:

15 seconds is really short but then again, we got hit in the face with a crying Sora in a 30 second commercial so I'm not inclined to say we will see nothing of utmost importance. I don't know if I want to see something like this again, considering it will be ripped immensely out of context and it's still a commercial after all.

you also have to remember that commercial time is money time but since I have long stopped watching TV i am more interested to know if we will get some online ads on youtube and the like

1 hour ago, Dustin Lübbers said:

you also have to remember that commercial time is money time but since I have long stopped watching TV i am more interested to know if we will get some online ads on youtube and the like

I'm not bothered by the time at all. It's just that 15 seconds is such a short time frame that it's hard to really include anything too new. For that time, it would probably make more sense to show the Disney aspects since commercials are essentily made for those who either don't know whether to buy it or who don't know KH at all. And Disney would probably appeal to a younger audience more than seeing some unknown character with no relevance to them cry. That's just my opinion though and not based on an actual marketing analysis.

I'm just not sure what to expect out of 15 seconds and won't have too high expectations, considering it's a commercial. But as I mentioned, I thought the same about the 30 seconds one and got slapped in the face so to speak. :D

1 hour ago, Merilly said:

I'm not bothered by the time at all. It's just that 15 seconds is such a short time frame that it's hard to really include anything too new. For that time, it would probably make more sense to show the Disney aspects since commercials are essentily made for those who either don't know whether to buy it or who don't know KH at all. And Disney would probably appeal to a younger audience more than seeing some unknown character with no relevance to them cry. That's just my opinion though and not based on an actual marketing analysis.

I'm just not sure what to expect out of 15 seconds and won't have too high expectations, considering it's a commercial. But as I mentioned, I thought the same about the 30 seconds one and got slapped in the face so to speak. :D

Maybe it's just fifteen seconds of every character crying.

30 minutes ago, Tyranto Rex said:

Maybe it's just fifteen seconds of every character crying.

I'm not sure 15 seconds will be sufficient for that amount of suffering. I want at least 1 second per character to make it worthwhile. 

Edited by Merilly

4 minutes ago, Merilly said:

I'm not sure 15 seconds will be sufficent for that amount of suffering. I want at least 1 second per character to make it worthwhile. 

Sounds like a lovely montage. We will have all seven guardians of light cry, one second of a final fantasy character crying so we can finally confirm one, six seconds of Disney characters crying, and the last second can be for Buzz being vaperized by the darkness. Kids will love it!

2 hours ago, Tyranto Rex said:

Sounds like a lovely montage. We will have all seven guardians of light cry, one second of a final fantasy character crying so we can finally confirm one, six seconds of Disney characters crying, and the last second can be for Buzz being vaperized by the darkness. Kids will love it!

Kingdom Hearts 3: Watch your favorite characters suffer!

4 hours ago, Merilly said:

The 30 sec one surprisingly hyped me up

2 hours ago, Merilly said:

I'm not sure 15 seconds will be sufficient for that amount of suffering. I want at least 1 second per character to make it worthwhile. 

Agreed anything else and the characters are being cheated.  We need more but not enough to get spoiled.

Just now, LostArtis said:

The 30 sec one surprisingly hyped me up

Yeah, it was pretty good. A nice combination of Disney and original story. It didn't hype me up as much as proper trailers did but for a commercial, it summed up the experience quite well. Having Sora cry is actually not the worst choice because otherwise, the game may be regarded as too child-friendly with the inclusion of Disney. This way, they created a nice balance of gameplay, Disney and original properties for those who have little knowledge about KH.

3 minutes ago, Merilly said:

Yeah, it was pretty good. A nice combination of Disney and original story. It didn't hype me up as much as proper trailers did but for a commercial, it summed up the experience quite well. Having Sora cry is actually not the worst choice because otherwise, the game may be regarded as too child-friendly with the inclusion of Disney. This way, they created a nice balance of gameplay, Disney and original properties for those who have little knowledge about KH.

That's a good summary of the trailer. I also liked that it showed a bunch of little snippets of scenes we haven't seen before. They were short but new :)

10 hours ago, Merilly said:

You are right of course, still its funny to imagine a person that has never heard of kingdom hearts seeing a commercial without any Disney characters buys the game and has no idea what in the world is going on whem suddendly donald duck shows up:P

2 hours ago, Dustin Lübbers said:

You are right of course, still its funny to imagine a person that has never heard of kingdom hearts seeing a commercial without any Disney characters buys the game and has no idea what in the world is going on whem suddendly donald duck shows up:P

I would honestly like to see that.