Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Whilst I was pondering the depths of Nomura's imagination, I had a quick thought, we have two characters in the KH universe who wear red scarves, Ephemer and Braig.  I could just be pulling at loose threads 0/* but did anyone else notice that Braig's scarf looks like Ephemer's but a lot older? A slightly less reliable tie branches off of the theory that Unchained was created by Ansem the wise (Hence the "Children sacrificed for the sake of my research" ). If this is so, could it be that Ephemer escaped said experiment, changed his name then joined Ansem? And yes, I know this has many problems already, such as why doesn't Braig have a Keyblade? I have more thoughts but I would like to hear some second opinions first. :)

Braig_KHBBS.thumb.png.efb78352f4ec8e7324016e7bf257c5e2.png

ephemer.png

Edited by jarnell2

Hmmmm, you might be on to something there. I don't think I'll ever see either scarf the same way again. However, I doubt Ephemer is Braig. I think a more likely scenario is that maybe Braig either knew Ephemer when he was younger and was given the scarf as a gift, or if you want to go really dark maybe Braig killed Ephemer and kept the scarf as a trophy.

Only issue hehre is that there is a distinct difference between the scarves: Ephemer's has a pattern on it while Braig's appears to be just plain red. So there's a good chance that its not the same scarf. I still love this idea, though!

On 12/20/2018 at 9:39 PM, ienzo628 said:

Could be, we don't know exactly when UX takes place.  Anything is possible. 

Unfortunately we do. The game takes place 100 Years in the past. No one younger than Master Xehanort should be alive unless of course they come from this era.

2 minutes ago, Chasm said:

Unfortunately we do. The game takes place 100 Years in the past. No one younger than Master Xehanort should be alive unless of course they come from this era.

So how did Lauriam, Elrena and Ventus survive a century without aging much?

16 minutes ago, ienzo628 said:

So how did Lauriam, Elrena and Ventus survive a century without aging much?

I'd wager it has something to do with that new "Shift" thing that was just introduced. 

7 minutes ago, ienzo628 said:

They make new changes but are always stonewalling us without updates to the story.   I would like to think Ephemer is connected to Braig in some ways. 

Well I still believe Skuld and Ephemera are linked to Xehanort. Ephs hair and Skulds eyes...man they need to hurry up.

3 hours ago, Chasm said:

Well I still believe Skuld and Ephemera are linked to Xehanort. Ephs hair and Skulds eyes...man they need to hurry up.

Maybe Xehanort is their son, lol. But in all seriousness I never thought about the resemblance, but you may have a point here. Though I'm joking about him being their son. That would be a little too on the nose for me.

A similar idea was posted some time ago only it was about ephemera amd the first nobody boss roxas Fights in kh2. 

On 12/21/2018 at 12:49 AM, ienzo628 said:

Maybe Braig is a descendant of Ephemer.

I like this idea a lot what if all the things braig/xigbar does is because of something that has to do with him now that would be a twist. Ephemer could be his grandfather that he trys to avenge or Something

We've never really found out what Braig/Xigbar's true intentions are, but it's always been heavily implied that he has some kind  of ulterior motive for being in the organization. So maybe that's something we'll learn in Kingdom Hearts 3. I'll admit,  it would be super interesting if he had a connection to Ephemer.

At the same time though, I'm concerned about KH3 being too closely linked to KHUX since there are so many fans of the series who aren't able to play UX. So a big part of me wants this Ephemer/Braig connection theory to be true, and another part is worried that it is and that KH3 won't explain who Ephemer is to people who haven't played UX.

2 hours ago, Allwil13 said:

We've never really found out what Braig/Xigbar's true intentions are, but it's always been heavily implied that he has some kind  of ulterior motive for being in the organization. So maybe that's something we'll learn in Kingdom Hearts 3. I'll admit,  it would be super interesting if he had a connection to Ephemer.

At the same time though, I'm concerned about KH3 being too closely linked to KHUX since there are so many fans of the series who aren't able to play UX. So a big part of me wants this Ephemer/Braig connection theory to be true, and another part is worried that it is and that KH3 won't explain who Ephemer is to people who haven't played UX.

Yeah that is something to look out for maybe.   They could explain it away by having Ephemer being some hooded figure that meets and chats away with Braig about Sora. 

4 hours ago, Allwil13 said:

I sincerely doubt KHUX will have major ties to KH3. It would almost make UX unplayable if it required both games to understand the story. 

3 minutes ago, Chasm said:

I sincerely doubt KHUX will have major ties to KH3. It would almost make UX unplayable if it required both games to understand the story. 

I imagine that if it does have major ties then KH3 will include explanations for people who haven't played UX so they're able to follow the story. but the smarter route would just be to keep the connections small.

2 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

I imagine that if it does have major ties then KH3 will include explanations for people who haven't played UX so they're able to follow the story. but the smarter route would just be to keep the connections small.

Well that's what I think they're doing. I think the only tie we have is the box honestly. UX is just a giant lore game. Stuff that probably would've made KH3s development time longer. 

13 minutes ago, Chasm said:

Well that's what I think they're doing. I think the only tie we have is the box honestly. UX is just a giant lore game. Stuff that probably would've made KH3s development time longer. 

The box and Chirithy seem to be our only UX connection.   I still wonder if Ephemer will appear in KH3 as a secret boss as some have speculated. 

1 hour ago, ienzo628 said:

The box and Chirithy seem to be our only UX connection.   I still wonder if Ephemer will appear in KH3 as a secret boss as some have speculated. 

Now i hope we can fight the Foretellers, Eph, Skuld and so forth. Lots of opportunity there.

35 minutes ago, Chasm said:

Now i hope we can fight the Foretellers, Eph, Skuld and so forth. Lots of opportunity there.

I think one of the more popular  fan theories is that the foretellers will be secret bosses.

1 minute ago, Dustin Lübbers said:

Oh jea that Sounds awesome whats worse than one lingering will five of them!

Oh I do hope they make super bosses less of an exploit fight