Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Leamax

Kingdom Hearts III game cover spotted in Japan; file size around 40 GB

The game cover for the PS4 version of Kingdom Hearts III has been spotted in Japan! The back of the cover includes stills of Sora from the opening preview, a shot of Sora, Donald, Goofy, and Olaf from the Xbox E3 trailer, Sora from the PlayStation E3 Trailer, and Sora, Woody, and Buzz. The cover also reveals that the file size is set for about 40 GB, oppose to the 35.81 GB file size for the Xbox One version and the previously reported 50 GB for the PS4 Pro bundle.

You can check out the game cover in the gallery below (thanks to soranchu0309 who took the photos).

Compared to the cover that was shown at the Amazon livestream back in November, this version has fewer stills but resembles the covers for Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II

large.1.jpg.81fc5b3fd310349ff4976bdc73cd
Back cover of KH3 for PS4 (Amazon Cyber Monday Stream)

Kingdom_Hearts_ntsc-%5Bcdcovers_cc%5D-fr
Cover of Kingdom Hearts

153646-Kingdom_Hearts_(Spain)-1470062031
Cover of Kingdom Hearts II

What do you think of the PS4 cover? Let us know in the comments below!

UPDATE [Dec 23, 2018]: We now have a rough translation of the blurb on the back of the Kingdom Hearts III (PS4) cover! You can read it below. Translations are courtesy of KH13 Staff Solis.

The light that connects hearts
Becomes passion
And fulfills the oath-*

The story reaches its climax.
The “Dark Seeker Saga” that started from the first entry in the series is finally coming to an end, centering around Sora, who has grown throughout his many adventures.
New worlds from the Disney franchise appear in this game to create an even greater universe.
Along with the satisfying action, keep an eye out for what may be the best battle in the series, including elements such as such as Attractions and Links [and Limits] with Disney characters.

*This is referencing the various theme songs by Utada Hikaru - Hikari, Passion, and Chikai.

View full article

17 minutes ago, RikuFangirl2008 said:

I guess 50 Gigs on the disk and 40 Gigs to download would roughly be at 90 Gigs total? 

Or it's just 40 Gigs plus many more to download via internet? 

It's just 40 GB. the 50 GB for the Bundle is a rough estimation plus with the PS$ exclusive Keyblade, it would be right around that mark

AHHHHHHHH PHYSICAL COPIES IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!! ............ Sorry, had to get that out. Seriously though, it looks great! And a 40 GB file size is about what I expected. The game is gonna be massive.

Just now, johnkhfan95 said:

40 GB Total for one game but what does that mean?

Doesn't mean much. Just means a lot of assets were used to make the game. Doesn't necessarily speak on content. Persona 5 is like a 90+ hour game and the file size is smaller than 40 I believe. 

35 minutes ago, Leamax said:

It's just 40 GB. the 50 GB for the Bundle is a rough estimation plus with the PS$ exclusive Keyblade, it would be right around that mark

I hope the exclusive keyblade isn't an extra 10gb download lmao. 

4 minutes ago, Chasm said:

Doesn't mean much. Just means a lot of assets were used to make the game. Doesn't necessarily speak on content. Persona 5 is like a 90+ hour game and the file size is smaller than 40 I believe. 

Similar to red dead redemtion 2 if we go by that than the game is certainly going to look stunning

Well if the keyblade has an extra 2000 possible transformations it coul be lol

11 minutes ago, Chasm said:

Yeah that would be ludicrous!  Ten gbs just for a keyblade skin.  Isn't that what the Starlight keyblade is, a skin?

I kinda like the Japanese back cover more than the other one. It's less busy and reminds me of the one for KH2. I mean it's a back cover so it's not super exciting but at the same time it makes the game more real and is a reminder that the game is indeed coming out real soon.

1 hour ago, ienzo628 said:

Yeah that would be ludicrous!  Ten gbs just for a keyblade skin.  Isn't that what the Starlight keyblade is, a skin?

Basically. That and all of the other DLC skins.

7 hours ago, ienzo628 said:

Oh.   Couldn't they all be 5gbs?

I feel like retextures would be a lot smaller in data size than that. Masamune, the blade that came with the day one versions of FFXv, was a few MBs in size, I believe.  I think the size of the files would be some where in that range more like. All together, they'd probably have a slightly bigger file size than Masamune did.

Edited by ITzDarthLordRevan

Surprised nobody's mentioned the songs being referenced, I took a chance at an equivalent text for the English songs be warned its cheesy af

A heart that's SIMPLE AND CLEAN

Becomes a SANCTUARY

And lets you FACE YOUR FEARS

Also I LOVE THIS COVER AHHHH, it looks just like KH2s. For reference:81-DMlkKvyL._SL1500_.jpg

On 12/22/2018 at 6:38 PM, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

I feel like retextures would be a lot smaller in  data size than that. I'm comparing it to retextures mods of for SWKotor, but even then, the textures for that game are much older and less complex.  So, it might a little bigger in size when compared to SWKotor since those were old 2002 graphics and these are much more realistic and newer 2018 graphics. Not to mention, they both use entirely different engines as well. Even 5GB for retextured Keyblades seems a bit ridiculous.

I love that they included pictures from KH2.