Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KHWaterBlock

[UPDATED] Tokyo Skytree Tower of Radiance and Shadow event preview with new renders shown; limited goods available, including an exclusive Tokyo Skytree Keyblade keychain

The Tokyo Skytree's website newsletter just released its event details for the Tower of Radiance and Shadow event to commemorate the release of Kingdom Hearts III. The event will take place from January 8, 2019 and end on March 5, 2019.

The event will take up the upper half of the tower, showing off worlds throughout the series and original content. 

• Opening hours: from 8:30am to 21:00pm
• For the sake of a limited sale, the postcards distribution will end as soon as they’re out of stock.
• The stamps can be acquired at The Los Angeles corridor, Temped Deck Floor 350, Floor 345, 5th floor exit floor, 1st floor group floor
• The premium trade period is: From 2019 January 8th (Tue), to March 12th (Tue)
• All prices (for the goods) are 8% tax included.
• The following pictures are photographs. The posted content, design, etc may vary.

• Kingdom Hearts Premium Round Theater dates and opening hours:
- From Tuesday, January 8th, 2019 to Tuesday, March 5th, 2019 -
- On January 8th (Tue) 19: 30/20: 15/21: 00
- From January 9th (Wed) to January 31st (Thu) 18: 00/18: 45/19: 30/20: 15/21: 00
- From February 1st (Fri) to February 28th (Thu) 18: 30/19: 15/20: 00/20: 45
- From March 1st (Fri) to March 5th (Tue) 18: 45/19: 30/20: 15/21: 00

*Each projection lasts 8 minutes.
*On January 18 (Fri), February 1 (Fri), February 8 (Fri), 14 (Thu), 15 (Fri), 22 (Fri) and March 1st (Friday) it will only be showed once in order to hold the Disco Event.
*On January 25 (Friday) it will be screened only at 18: 00 and 18: 45 in order to hold the Disco event.
Place: Tokyo Sky Tree Tempo Deck, Floor 350.
*Screening date and time may change without notice.

With the event starting on floor 350, fans are able to view an 8 minute screening of the history of the series before heading up the elevator to the main part of the event. Upon reaching the 445th floor, you're greeted with worlds that Sora has visited and a photo op section featuring his throne. Going up the 110 meter windmill corridor, the walls will be covered with worlds such as "Wonderland", "Atlantica", "Olympus Coliseum", and "Neverland" with the Keyblade from each respective world introducing it. On the other side of the wall, it shows Sora's journey with maps of the world maps from each title. Arriving at floor 450, a photo op section featuring the Keyblade Graveyard is installed, where fans can take pictures holding Keyblades from the series. At the tower's highest point, fans are welcomed to a Keyblade installed onto a stand where touching it simulates the opening of the door to light. In this room, it seems that there are new renders of characters that haven't been officially released such as Xemnas, Xigbar, Saix, Vanitas, Luxord, and Young Xehanort! 

large.DvFM9kuUUAEOXT_.jpg.dc2e524fcbf2d9c99862fb2f27aa8eaa.jpg

The event also includes a shop selling limited time goods, where every 1,500 Japanese Yen spent grants you one out of the 5 available stamps. Once all 5 stamps are acquired, you will be granted a limited postcard while supplies last. The products are listed below:

• Kingdom Hearts III Printed cookies 1,382 ¥
• Kingdom Hearts III Printed Ramuné 486 ¥
• Kingdom Hearts III Acrylic Holders, Tokyo Sky Tree limited goods 702 ¥
• Kingdom Hearts III Clear Sky <Tower of Radiance and Shadow at the Tokyo Sky Tree> 432 ¥
• Kingdom Hearts III Badges Collection Vol.1, Tokyo Sky Tree limited goods 432 ¥
• Kingdom Hearts III Metal Keyblade Holder <Tower of Radiance and Shadow> 1,620 ¥

Images previewing the event have been released. You can view them below.

Thanks to KH13's Mio for the translations!

UPDATE: [Dec 26, 2018]: Disney Games Japan has posted a new trailer for the Tower of Radiance and Shadow event on their Twitter. You can watch it below.

View full article

1 hour ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

Sounds really awesome! I hope when the X-Keepers go there they share their experience. I would love to see what it looks like.

I wonder what the limited post cards look like from the event. 

16 hours ago, Chasm said:

Ugh I wish we could have cool things..

I was honestly hoping Disney would put some sort of Kingdom Hearts themed park or attraction in Disneyland, Florida. The thing they're holding at Disney Springs is only go on for a limited amount of time. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how popular Kingdom Hearts is in the U.S. compared to Japan.

Edited by ITzDarthLordRevan

2 minutes ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

I was honestly hoping Disney would put some sort of Kingdom Hearts themed park or attraction in Disneyland, Florida. The thing at they're holding at Disney Springs is only go on for a limited amount of time. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how popular Kingdom Hearts is in the U.S. compared to Japan.

I've always wondered this too because as much publicity is getting now i still feel like it's extremely niche here in the U.S. I don't think the turn out would be that crazy.

Just now, Chasm said:

I've always wondered this too because as much publicity is getting now i still feel like it's extremely niche here in the U.S. I don't think the turn out would be that crazy.

IF THEY GOT SOME KINGDOM HEARTS CHARACTER ACTORS FOR THE PARKS I WOULD STRAIGHT UP DIE.

8 minutes ago, loamrangercosplay said:

IF THEY GOT SOME KINGDOM HEARTS CHARACTER ACTORS FOR THE PARKS I WOULD STRAIGHT UP DIE.

It would be cool.  Plus, they could bring in some new customers in if they gave a discount for any KH related event they were holding.  My parents never took me to any of the Disney Parks growing up because it was always too expensive and too far away.

Edited by ienzo628

43 minutes ago, Chasm said:

It's really weird too. On one hand, I've heard people like my one former high school art teacher say it has a big following, I've seen a few people I went to high school with wear Kingdom Hearts hats, pins, and t-shirts, and I've also heard this one dude at my local Gamestop talk about  how much people have been talking about KH 3 for the past six years and how he had gotten pre-orders of the game from sixty people already. But, I don't hear a lot of people talk about it outside of the internet  unless I bring it up to people and most people don't know what it is while others do. So, it makes me really confused on whether it's niche or not here.

Edited by ITzDarthLordRevan

3 minutes ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

It's really weird too. On one hand, I've heard people like my art teacher say it has a big following, I've seen a few people I went to high school with wear Kingdom Hearts hats, pins, and t-shirts, and I've also heard this one dude at my local Gamestop talk about  how much people have been talking about KH 3 for the past six years and how he had gotten pre-orders of the game from sixty people already. But, I don't hear a lot of people talk about it outside of the internet  unless I bring it up to people and some don't know what is while others do.

THIS. I know maybe 3 people in person that actually knows what Kingdom Hearts is. Anyone one of my gamer friends that does know what it is isn't entirely fond of KH. It's so weird

10 minutes ago, Chasm said:

THIS. I know maybe 3 people in person that actually knows what Kingdom Hearts is. Anyone one of my gamer friends that does know what it is isn't entirely fond of KH. It's so weird

I've met some people that don't like Kingdom Hearts because of Disney.  Some don't like the game because of Square Enix as well.  Some people just think the game is too childish or comes across as too much of a self-insert fanfiction.

49 minutes ago, ienzo628 said:

I've met some people that don't like Kingdom Hearts because of Disney.  Some don't like the game because of Square Enix as well.  Some people just think the game is too childish or comes across as too much of a self-insert fanfiction.

Unfortunately, I've heard of people not liking it because, to put it "nicely", they think It's "weeaboo crap" as well.

1 minute ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

Unfortunately, I've heard of people not liking it because, to put it "nicely", they think It's "weeaboo crap" as well.

I did meet someone, a former caregiver that got Roxas's sigil as a tattoo once.  Of course that was years ago.