Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
2 quid is good

image European and North American Box Art Differences

Looking at the new box art thread I noticed that the NA and EU ones are pretty much completely different! These games are over a decade old and we're still learning new things about them.

EU Box Art:

boxeu2_small.jpg

81-DMlkKvyL._SL1500_.jpg

NA Box Art

Kingdom_Hearts_ntsc-%5Bcdcovers_cc%5D-fr

153646-Kingdom_Hearts_(Spain)-1470062031I think I prefer the eerie feeling of the NA one for KH1, but EU KH2 is hands down my fave.

Did Australia and Japan have different covers too? Please let me know

A german guy here! Yep that has been the covers sonce always and I love them. I also just noticed for the first time that timeless river is on the backside! There is a thin line between getting people interested and saying to much. Than again not so bad that movie trailers that ruin the full movie presented

12 minutes ago, Dustin Lübbers said:

A german guy here! Yep that has been the covers sonce always and I love them. I also just noticed for the first time that timeless river is on the backside! There is a thin line between getting people interested and saying to much. Than again not so bad that movie trailers that ruin the full movie presented

I think it's the same pictures as the NA one, just presented in a different order. Personally I prefer it because it looks like a film strip which fits astonishingly well with the Disney motif

On 12/24/2018 at 4:58 PM, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

I found the cover for the ones in Japan. Can't find back of them though. KH 2's cover isn't much different NA's but KH1's is a bit different.

Japanese_Cover_Art_KH.png

Japanese_Cover_Art_KHII.png

That noir kh1 cover makes me feel nostalgic for something I never had XD

Thanks Revan I'd never seen that before!

Also the second one, there were actually a few European copies of KH2 that had the white background instead of silver, but it was a very small number

On 12/24/2018 at 12:58 PM, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

I found the cover for the ones in Japan. Can't find back of them though. KH 2's cover isn't much different NA's but KH1's is a bit different.

Japanese_Cover_Art_KH.png

Japanese_Cover_Art_KHII.png

Ooooohhhh, I love the black and white cover for KH1. Honestly, of all the games, I think the one that had the least interesting box art was KH2. I just find there's not much going on aside from them all just sitting there.

23 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

Ooooohhhh, I love the black and white cover for KH1. Honestly, of all the games, I think the one that had the least interesting box art was KH2. I just find there's not much going on aside from them all just sitting there.

Agreed and they are in the center of the cover, which distracts from the rest of what is going on the cover or the lack of what seems to be going on.

4 minutes ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

I think the Japanese cover for Final Mix is a bit better.

Japanese_Cover_Art_KHIIFM.png

It has more going on and draws your attention to more than just characters sitting in the center of the cover. 

49 minutes ago, 2 quid is good said:

That noir kh1 cover makes me feel nostalgic for something I never had XD

Thanks Revan I'd never seen that before!

Also the second one, there were actually a few European copies of KH2 that had the white background instead of silver, but it was a very small number

No problem! I just decided to search for it to help.

I wonder if the silver ones are like a rare collector's item to some people.

3 hours ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

No problem! I just decided to search for it to help.

I wonder if the silver ones are like a rare collector's item to some people.

Could be, it's been some time since the game was released on the PS2.  It might be a good collector's item.

7 hours ago, ienzo628 said:

It has more going on and draws your attention to more than just characters sitting in the center of the cover. 

Yeah, the one for KH2FM is a major improvement over the original KH2 boxart.