2 quid is good

European and North American Box Art Differences

Recommended Posts

Looking at the new box art thread I noticed that the NA and EU ones are pretty much completely different! These games are over a decade old and we're still learning new things about them.

EU Box Art:

boxeu2_small.jpg

81-DMlkKvyL._SL1500_.jpg

NA Box Art

Kingdom_Hearts_ntsc-%5Bcdcovers_cc%5D-fr

153646-Kingdom_Hearts_(Spain)-1470062031I think I prefer the eerie feeling of the NA one for KH1, but EU KH2 is hands down my fave.

Did Australia and Japan have different covers too? Please let me know

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A german guy here! Yep that has been the covers sonce always and I love them. I also just noticed for the first time that timeless river is on the backside! There is a thin line between getting people interested and saying to much. Than again not so bad that movie trailers that ruin the full movie presented

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dustin Lübbers said:

A german guy here! Yep that has been the covers sonce always and I love them. I also just noticed for the first time that timeless river is on the backside! There is a thin line between getting people interested and saying to much. Than again not so bad that movie trailers that ruin the full movie presented

I think it's the same pictures as the NA one, just presented in a different order. Personally I prefer it because it looks like a film strip which fits astonishingly well with the Disney motif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2018 at 4:58 PM, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

I found the cover for the ones in Japan. Can't find back of them though. KH 2's cover isn't much different NA's but KH1's is a bit different.

Japanese_Cover_Art_KH.png

Japanese_Cover_Art_KHII.png

That noir kh1 cover makes me feel nostalgic for something I never had XD

Thanks Revan I'd never seen that before!

Also the second one, there were actually a few European copies of KH2 that had the white background instead of silver, but it was a very small number

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2018 at 12:58 PM, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

I found the cover for the ones in Japan. Can't find back of them though. KH 2's cover isn't much different NA's but KH1's is a bit different.

Japanese_Cover_Art_KH.png

Japanese_Cover_Art_KHII.png

Ooooohhhh, I love the black and white cover for KH1. Honestly, of all the games, I think the one that had the least interesting box art was KH2. I just find there's not much going on aside from them all just sitting there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

Ooooohhhh, I love the black and white cover for KH1. Honestly, of all the games, I think the one that had the least interesting box art was KH2. I just find there's not much going on aside from them all just sitting there.

Agreed and they are in the center of the cover, which distracts from the rest of what is going on the cover or the lack of what seems to be going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

I think the Japanese cover for Final Mix is a bit better.

 

Japanese_Cover_Art_KHIIFM.png

It has more going on and draws your attention to more than just characters sitting in the center of the cover. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, 2 quid is good said:

That noir kh1 cover makes me feel nostalgic for something I never had XD

Thanks Revan I'd never seen that before!

Also the second one, there were actually a few European copies of KH2 that had the white background instead of silver, but it was a very small number

No problem! I just decided to search for it to help.

I wonder if the silver ones are like a rare collector's item to some people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

No problem! I just decided to search for it to help.

I wonder if the silver ones are like a rare collector's item to some people.

Could be, it's been some time since the game was released on the PS2.  It might be a good collector's item.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ienzo628 said:

It has more going on and draws your attention to more than just characters sitting in the center of the cover. 

Yeah, the one for KH2FM is a major improvement over the original KH2 boxart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now