Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

We're adding an awards system to the KH13 forum

You might see beside my post that I'm a proud wearer of the "Active Poster" badge - the first of many awards that we'll be adding to KH13. So far, we just have this badge (awarded for making 50 posts) and a badge for adding a KHUX party to the KHUX Party Directory.

All awards can be seen here: https://www.kh13.com/awards/

We have a few ideas for future awards, but first, let us know – what awards would you like to see added?

This is a great idea! I've seen that awards tab on the sidebar for a while now and wondered if it was something that happened in the past or was going to in the future.

Seeing as it's almost 2019 why not have a "Best of 2018" Awards. Like best theory post, or best fan art, something along those lines. I remember there used to be an AMV contest a few years back, and people would put that in their sig or member avis. Those would be cool awards to have

I think KH13 should have awards for contributions to different systems. For instance, if users contribute new screenshots or artwork to the gallery, they get awarded with a forum award. Maybe set a certain upload mark for contribution such as 50 or 100 images? I'd also like to see an award for users who contribute to news for the News Team by either sharing the news to a News Team member or by sharing the news themselves to the forums and having it be promoted to an article. Encourages users to make nice contributions to the site and can even go a long way to the team members on here. 

Awards concerning the forums itself, I feel like it would be cool to have awards based on like count, such as reaching 1000 total likes (or reactions, not sure how it works on V4 now), 5000, etc. Same goes for post count (that doesn't include posts in Random/Forum Games). 

Maybe have some awards based on owning Kingdom Hearts games? Have members of the community make requests to get an award that they own every game in the series (with photographic proof of course) to show off that they have played every game in the series. 

It would also be cool to have an award for those who stream Kingdom Hearts on Twitch and embed their streams to KH13. 

Lastly, I'm sort of biased on this, but it would be nice to have an award for past contributing staff members for KH13. Sora96 comes into mind with this award (totally not myself, haha). Any past and current staff member can be awarded for their gracious efforts to KH13 and shaped it to be what it is today. 

Thanks! 

11 hours ago, Jake said:

I think KH13 should have awards for contributions to different systems. For instance, if users contribute new screenshots or artwork to the gallery, they get awarded with a forum award. Maybe set a certain upload mark for contribution such as 50 or 100 images? I'd also like to see an award for users who contribute to news for the News Team by either sharing the news to a News Team member or by sharing the news themselves to the forums and having it be promoted to an article. Encourages users to make nice contributions to the site and can even go a long way to the team members on here. 

Awards concerning the forums itself, I feel like it would be cool to have awards based on like count, such as reaching 1000 total likes (or reactions, not sure how it works on V4 now), 5000, etc. Same goes for post count (that doesn't include posts in Random/Forum Games). 

Maybe have some awards based on owning Kingdom Hearts games? Have members of the community make requests to get an award that they own every game in the series (with photographic proof of course) to show off that they have played every game in the series. 

It would also be cool to have an award for those who stream Kingdom Hearts on Twitch and embed their streams to KH13. 

Lastly, I'm sort of biased on this, but it would be nice to have an award for past contributing staff members for KH13. Sora96 comes into mind with this award (totally not myself, haha). Any past and current staff member can be awarded for their gracious efforts to KH13 and shaped it to be what it is today. 

Thanks! 

Let the dream team be immortalised forever as an award, sounds great.

Also, totally not promoting or anything, but maybe we could have awards for the different tournaments that have taken place, like the yugioh and pokemon ones. Obviously I get if they don't make the cut, it's not much to do with KH after all

This is clever, a good means to encourage contributions and I like that the awards are designed to mimic the PS3/4 trophies...at least I believe they are. Haven't looked at my PS trophies for a while.