Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Allwil13

Riku/Xehanort Parallels

On 1/6/2019 at 4:19 PM, ienzo628 said:

If he were to be manipulated say by Dark Chirithy or MoM than it would be somewhat predictable since people have been theorizing about.  I rather have MX separate from the next KH major villain.

Exactly! I want Xehanort's machinations to have been of his own volition and not because some other force was driving him to do it, ya know? Over the course of the series, we've always believed Xehanort has done what he's done for the pursuit of knowledge and to seek the balance of light and darkness, ya know? 

15 hours ago, The Transcendent Key said:

Exactly! I want Xehanort's machinations to have been of his own volition and not because some other force was driving him to do it, ya know? Over the course of the series, we've always believed Xehanort has done what he's done for the pursuit of knowledge and to seek the balance of light and darkness, ya know? 

That's fair. I can understand that. I think I just want Dark Chirithy to actually have a purpose, because so far in KHUX he hasn't really done anything of importance. He just kind of showed up and... that was it.

On 1/13/2019 at 8:45 PM, The Transcendent Key said:

Yeah but the way he went about it is what makes him evil.  Everything was fine until MX started experimenting with his ideals. 

On 1/14/2019 at 1:10 PM, Allwil13 said:

That's fair. I can understand that. I think I just want Dark Chirithy to actually have a purpose, because so far in KHUX he hasn't really done anything of importance. He just kind of showed up and... that was it.

Yeah, I get you. But hey, there might be more to Dark Chirithy than we think. If the Darkling on the cover of KHIII is anything to go by, then there's a good chance we'll see more elements of KHUX in the game. :)

On 1/15/2019 at 1:22 AM, ienzo628 said:

Yeah but the way he went about it is what makes him evil.  Everything was fine until MX started experimenting with his ideals. 

I know, right? Once that started going down, that's when things really started to spiral down into chaos!

5 hours ago, The Transcendent Key said:

Yeah, I get you. But hey, there might be more to Dark Chirithy than we think. If the Darkling on the cover of KHIII is anything to go by, then there's a good chance we'll see more elements of KHUX in the game. :)

I know, right? Once that started going down, that's when things really started to spiral down into chaos!

I mean, he put the barriers of the worlds at risk as Ansem Seeker of Darkness. 

2 hours ago, The Transcendent Key said:

Indeed so! It's crazy to see to what levels Xehanort would resort to in order to see his ambitions come to fruition!

I just wonder why.  What drove him to this extent?  I know for Riku, he embraced the darkness and Maleficent to get Kairi to wake up and also because he felt betrayed by Sora.  Did Eraqus' disapproval of him using the darkness cause some sort of tension between MX and Eraqus and did that tension lead to MX delving deeper into fulfilling his ideal balance of darkness and light?

20 minutes ago, ienzo628 said:

I just wonder why.  What drove him to this extent?  I know for Riku, he embraced the darkness and Maleficent to get Kairi to wake up and also because he felt betrayed by Sora.  Did Eraqus' disapproval of him using the darkness cause some sort of tension between MX and Eraqus and did that tension lead to MX delving deeper into fulfilling his ideal balance of darkness and light?

I imagine that since this is the end of the Xehanort Saga we'll be getting some more information on Xehanort's past, as well as his motivation for doing what he's doing. It's about time he got some more development.

In the Xehanort Reports from BBS, you see that he was more curious than anything about Keyblades and Darkness to start, rather than being a stalwart loon about it. It was only after he really started to steep himself in darkness, starting with removing his armor in the Lanes Between, steeping himself in darkness, and falling into the hole of knowledge on the Keyblade War, even though he was curious before.

That being said, his younger self also mentioned in DDD that his path was set in motion by his older self and that it was so etched into his heart he would never forget his destiny, even if he didn't remember events. So no matter what it was his own Heart traveling to the past that set him on the path in the first place, creating a loop that we are unable to truly tell the end from the beginning of.

I think as @Allwil13 mentioned, we'll learn more specifics during KH3, especially as his youngest form yet is the one we've seen in trailers previously. I personally think that it was his diving into darkness, combined with his natural thirst for knowledge that took him too far down into the inky abyss and made him see the world, as he references Eraqus in his reports, in nothing but absolutes. "All things being in Darkness, and so to do they end"

On 1/28/2019 at 5:33 PM, LunaCatte said:

In the Xehanort Reports from BBS, you see that he was more curious than anything about Keyblades and Darkness to start, rather than being a stalwart loon about it. It was only after he really started to steep himself in darkness, starting with removing his armor in the Lanes Between, steeping himself in darkness, and falling into the hole of knowledge on the Keyblade War, even though he was curious before.

That being said, his younger self also mentioned in DDD that his path was set in motion by his older self and that it was so etched into his heart he would never forget his destiny, even if he didn't remember events. So no matter what it was his own Heart traveling to the past that set him on the path in the first place, creating a loop that we are unable to truly tell the end from the beginning of.

I think as @Allwil13 mentioned, we'll learn more specifics during KH3, especially as his youngest form yet is the one we've seen in trailers previously. I personally think that it was his diving into darkness, combined with his natural thirst for knowledge that took him too far down into the inky abyss and made him see the world, as he references Eraqus in his reports, in nothing but absolutes. "All things being in Darkness, and so to do they end"

So MX is a little like Vexen/Even in this regard?

On 1/28/2019 at 5:36 PM, ienzo628 said:

That's the question here. Because from what we've seen throughout the series, Xehanort has been like a philosopher, always hungry for knowledge, and him knowing about light and darkness must be a factor in him wanting a balance between the two, since light overflows, and he thinks the darkness is too desperately sought to be destroyed. But as for why he wants the Keyblade War to happen so badly, it's most likely so he can gain sovereignity over Kingdom Hearts and become a God, because in his reports, he said that whoever unlocks Kingdom Hearts becomes something far more than human, ya know?

On 1/28/2019 at 5:59 PM, Allwil13 said:

I imagine that since this is the end of the Xehanort Saga we'll be getting some more information on Xehanort's past, as well as his motivation for doing what he's doing. It's about time he got some more development.

Yesssss, I want me some old man Nort lore! :D