Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Even though they have some common things, I don't find them all heading to the same path as trio.
Namine is a loner that is mostly within the side of the goodies while both Riku Replica and Vanitas are norted, how would such trio end up becoming together? 

Riku Replica already has ties to Namine before being norted. There's also a chance for him to redeem himself or to be saved. If we are to assume Riku left Way to Dawn for the replica, then there must be some redeeming factor for him. Vanitas is another matter.

The thing with Vanitas is we have only seen a redeemable side to him in the BBS novel and not in the actual games themselves(Unless you count his death, but he hasn't changed). 

Namine seems to want to be with the SRK trio. Repliku is a wild card(Anything, including him dying again, could happen) but possibly the same from what we've seen.

original.gifyAkh5r1_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

But, I do like the idea in fanart

Edited by Kittenz

I would like to see Vanitas with some kind of companion. He's one of the most tragic  characters of the whole series, and I kind of hope he doesn't stay on the side of darkness. Which I know is unlikely since he himself was created from darkness, but still. And since Namine and Repliku are kind of in the same boat, I would be on board with the three of them finding each other and becoming a trio.

3 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

I would like to see Vanitas with some kind of companion. He's one of the most tragic  characters of the whole series, and I kind of hope he doesn't stay on the side of darkness. Which I know is unlikely since he himself was created from darkness, but still. And since Namine and Repliku are kind of in the same boat, I would be on board with the three of them finding each other and becoming a trio.

YES THANK YOU.  JUST LET EVERYONE HAVE FRIENDS SOBBBSBBSBSBSBBS

14 hours ago, Potato head harvey said:

imho data sora, riku replica and namine would make more sense.

1 hour ago, Kittenz said:

The thing with Vanitas is we have only seen a redeemable side to him in the BBS novel and not in the actual games themselves(Unless you count his death, but he hasn't changed). 

Namine seems to want to be with the SRK trio. Repliku is a wild card(Anything, including him dying again, could happen) but possibly the same from what we've seen.

original.gifyAkh5r1_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

But, I do like the idea in fanart

Namine just needs to make contact with AVT and she'll have connections to all the trios in the game. Namine's gotta expand her friendship web of being connected to all of them. Her whole story is being lonely so I could see all the trios being her full friend by the end of KHIII and her story concludes by drawing herself surrounded by all the trios. It would be a heartwarming moment.

Data Sora would make a good companion for Namine. He seemed to really like Data Namine, so he'd love real Namine :)

Edited by SweetYetSalty

I'm not too keen on Vanitas being 'good' either. However I can see him doing his own thing and going against Xehanort and just be a character who appears again in optional content in future games as a sort of secret super boss. Kinda like Bass from the Megaman Battle Network series.

6 hours ago, DirtyDave90 said:

I actually really like the idea of a Namine/Data Sora/Repliku trio. It just seems to work. They are all misfits.

I can see the Vanitas argument in a way too, but I really don't want him to 'go good'.

What about Data Namine and Data Riku?

There has been some speculation to Vanitas turning good. Since for whatever reason his theme is in the Heroes medley during the orchestra. Unless Nomura debunked it somewhere I didn't read. Other than that, would be a fun trio.

Edited by Goyan-Tanuki

On 12/28/2018 at 8:38 AM, Goyan-Tanuki said:

There has been some speculation to Vanitas turning good. Since for whatever reason his theme is in the Heroes medley during the orchestra. Unless Nomura debunked it somewhere I didn't read. Other than that, would be a fun trio.

It is also because the BBS novel talks about him before the start of BBS, and him feeling jealous of Ventus and his friends. It showed a vulnerable side to Vanitas, at least during the first years after being separated from Ventus. The Novels aren't technically canon, however. 

Edited by Kittenz

9 minutes ago, Kittenz said:

It is also because the BBS novel talks about him before the start of BBS, and him feeling jealous of Ventus and his friends. It showed a vulnerable side to Vanitas, at least during the first years after being separated from Ventus. The Novels aren't technically canon, however. 

Yeah, I really wish the novels were available in North America because they elaborate so much more on certain characters. Vanitas' backstory in the novels is soooooo sad and it actually makes him one of the most sympathetic characters in the whole series.

That would be an interesting trio to see! Because for one, there's already the chemistry between Namine and Repliku, so I can see that being expanded upon, but I don't know how Vanitas would fit into this trio. Yes, it would be insanely badass to see him have a redemption arc or have him become a badass, Vegeta-like character, but he doesn't really have any ties to Repliku or Namine, ya know?

Edit: If anything, I'm hoping we get to see flashback scenes of Xehanort, Eraqus and Yen Sid as a trio! Since the three trained as Keyblade Wielders back in the day and all.

Edited by The Transcendent Key

I think we have enough trios already and it's nice to have characters stand on there own without needing a trio (like Namine). Characters like Namine and Repliku work better on there own. Namine has always had this air of not belonging anywhere which she seems to believe despite wanting friendships. It really adds to her character that she has that tragedy. I of course want her to eventually realize that she can belong, but she doesn't necessarily need a trip to do that. Repliku on the other hand while similar, I always felt he would either never be relevant again, or just end up being some boss battle who ends up fading into darkness. 

Speculation that Vanitas as the capacity to be good has interesting merit since light literally consumes darkness (i.e when one turns on a light in a room the darkness vanishes) and Vanitas is darkness personified but that just makes me think of Jack Frost being hugged to death in The Santa Clause 3 which was garbage. 
The whole thing just feels ridiculous to me regardless. There is already enough cheese in this game with the prospect of Roxas and Xion getting their own lives. 

What would be interesting to me is if Vanitas got re-incorporated into Ventus's heart where he came from. 

imho data sora, riku replica and namine would make more sense.

I agree.