Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Fates Chance XIII

What you used to believe....

Let's take a stroll down memory lane!

What were things you used to believe or theories you used to have about the KH series or story that have since been proven wrong?

So many of the blanks have been filled in, i thought it'd be fun for everyone to talk about things they used to think back when we had so many questions and were trying to just figure things out! XD

The first time I played KH2 I used to think that Twilight Town was completely made up of humanoid Nobodies. Since that was where they were born, I figured the ones the Org didnt want would just go about their lives and start over. It's pretty silly in hindsight.

I didnt know Vivi was from a FF game so for a while i was convinced she was a Heartless that had somehow retained it's humanity and was trying to pass for a human. And that this was gonna be relevant to the plot in some way later. 

Back when the Unversed were still being called "unbirths" I thought that maybe they were somehow connected to the soul of a person since we had an enamy of heart and body. It seemed like the next logical enemy to be.

I cant think of any more at the moment, but what about you guys? Doesnt just need to be theories, just anything you used to think.

I used to think Roxas obtained Xion's keyblade after absorbing her, and that is where his second spare Keyblade came from. But now I know that is because of Ventus.

I use to think Ventus was a family member of Sora. It's still possible (I hope he is) but with new info on Ventus I'm not so sure.

When we first saw the foretellers, I was a firm believer in the Recarnation theory that stated Riku is Ira, Terra is Aced, Aqua is Invi, Ventus is Gula, and Kairi is Ava. But with Ven being in apart of the Age of Fairytales, that theory was prooven to be false. I was even making a PowerPoint on the subject until I heard Ven was going to be one of the five to replace the Foretellers.

When I watched YouTube playthroughs of Birth By Sleep and the very beginning of KH 2 before watching the rest of the 4 hour prolouge when I was like 11, I legit thought Ven was a younger Roxas that changed his name until I found out Roxas was Sora's nobody and that Ven was a different person completely.

Edited by ITzDarthLordRevan

13 minutes ago, 2 quid is good said:

That Kingdom Hearts would release in 2017

This is Big Mood. I remember when Bill Farmer said it would release in 2015 and got really excited for about maybe half an hour until it was proven false.

I remember when I was like 15 or 16, before I found out who Axel was while he was human I had a theory that he was Riku's nobody. My reasoning was that since Kairi's nobody Namine wasnt born like other nobodies it was possible that Riku had inadvertently created one after getting trapped in the realm of darkness. I developed the theory because I noticed that Axel kept holding out his hand to Sora a few times in KH:CoM and KH2 like Riku did in KH1. As I got older I realized it was a pretty flimsy theory and scrapped it.

15 minutes ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

This is Big Mood. I remember when Bill Farmer said it would release in 2015 and got really excited for about maybe half an hour until it was proven false.

OH MY DAYSS I totally forgot about that! Haha I was here when that tweet came, people were going crazy trying to prove it until literally the last day of December 2015.

Another thing I used to believe was that utada wasn't going to do the songs for KH3 because of all the stuff she said earlier as well as those tweets sent by her management in 2015

3 minutes ago, 2 quid is good said:

OH MY DAYSS I totally forgot about that! Haha I was here when that tweet came, people were going crazy trying to prove it until literally the last day of December 2015.

Another thing I used to believe was that utada wasn't going to do the songs for KH3 because of all the stuff she said earlier as well as those tweets sent by her management in 2015

Remember when there was a rumour that Miley Cyrus was going to be doing the main theme for KH3?

2 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

Remember when there was a rumour that Miley Cyrus was going to be doing the main theme for KH3?

Was that even a rumour or just fanboy fanboying? I do remember some people wanting demi lovato to sing the opening song and like.... She's great but not KH you know?

That was a real dark time tbh XD

2 minutes ago, 2 quid is good said:

Was that even a rumour or just fanboy fanboying? I do remember some people wanting demi lovato to sing the opening song and like.... She's great but not KH you know?

You got that right. If anything, back then I would've probably wanted Jesse McCartney to do the Opening theme if Utada didn't do it.

10 hours ago, 2 quid is good said:

I don't remember rumours about Demi Lovato doing the theme song, I just remember I saw an article on KH Ultimania (which was my main source for KH news before the site went on silent mode) that said Miley Cyrus had supposedly been approached to do the theme song if Utada Hikaru couldn't. Scared me to death before I read that it was just a rumour.

6 hours ago, HanonPhantomhive said:

Even if Roxas can wear 2 keyblades because of Ventus, for him Obvilion represents Xion, and Oathkeeper represents himself

Many people interpret Oblivion and Oathkeeper differently. Some people think they represent Xion and Roxas, some think Oblivion represents Sora's memories of Riku while Oathkeeper represents his memories of Kairi, and others think Oblivion represents Ventus because he's been asleep for over 10 years and Oathkeeper represents Sora because of his promise to Kairi. Apparently, the real answer is that they represent Riku and Kairi, but I really don't believe that all three interpretations could be considered wrong.

4 minutes ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

Many people interpret Oblivion and Oathkeeper differently. Some people think they represent Xion and Roxas, some think Oblivion represents Sora's memories of Riku while Oathkeeper represents his memories of Kairi, and others think Oblivion represents Ventus because he's been asleep for over 10 years and Oathkeeper represents Sora because of his promise to Kairi. Apparently, the real answer is that they represent Riku and Kairi, but I really don't believe that all three interpretations could be considered wrong.

Yes you could say those 2 keyblades represent 2 ppl of each trio. 

Wayfinder. Obvilion Ventus Oathkeeper Aqua

Destiny: Obvilion Riku Oathkeeper Kairi

Sea Salt: Obvilion Xion Oathkeeper Roxas

Also Obvilion has "Xion´s colors" black and blue, and Oathkeeper has "Roxas´s colors" white, yellow and blue

10 hours ago, Allwil13 said:

Remember when everyone believed that the secret endings for KH2 and KH2FM were trailers for Kingdom Hearts 3? Oh, how naive we all were.

And when we were all confused as to why ROXAS was there?!?!?! 

Oh man the theories... I miss those days. When everyone's brains were just endlessly trying to figure everything out. It was really interesting seeing where everyone thought things were gonna go.

6 hours ago, Fates Chance XIII said:

And when we were all confused as to why ROXAS was there?!?!?! 

Oh man the theories... I miss those days. When everyone's brains were just endlessly trying to figure everything out. It was really interesting seeing where everyone thought things were gonna go.

Well, I imagine there will be plenty more theories with H3's epilogue and secret ending. There were lots of theories with Another Side Another Story and Deep Dive too, so I imagine that KH3 will be no different.

3 minutes ago, SweetYetSalty said:

I use to think Roxas looked like Sora. Now I don't. Ventus really changed the game for me and the lore, lol.

Same here. Now I look at Roxas and only see Ventus.

4 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

Same here. Now I look at Roxas and only see Ventus.

It's even weirder in Days when they are still making the Sora-Roxas connection even though Ventus is fully in plans for the next game. It doesn't bother me, but I always chuckle whenever someone makes the comparison that Roxas looks like Sora post KH2 XD

Edited by SweetYetSalty

50 minutes ago, SweetYetSalty said:

It's even weirder in Days when they are still making the Sora-Roxas connection even though Ventus is fully in plans for the next game. It doesn't bother me, but I always chuckle whenever someone makes the comparison that Roxas looks like Sora post KH2 XD

Same here. HOnestly, even before the whole Ventus thing happened I didn't think Roxas was that similar to Sora. Like there was a resemblance but it confused me that they didn't look more alike.

3 hours ago, SweetYetSalty said:

I use to think Roxas looked like Sora. Now I don't. Ventus really changed the game for me and the lore, lol.

That reminded me of how before the sora ventus roxas connection was known, people would always talk about how nobodies look the same as their somebodies but with slight differences. And how Soras nobodys hair changed color and that was the difference for him. 

But now we see that nobodies look exactly like their sombodies (axels tats and norted eyes not included). 

Oh yeah. and how people thought yellow eyes and pointed ears meant someone had fallen to the darkness. Rather than it being a Xehanort specific thing.