Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Fates Chance XIII

What you used to believe....

2 hours ago, Allwil13 said:

Same here. HOnestly, even before the whole Ventus thing happened I didn't think Roxas was that similar to Sora. Like there was a resemblance but it confused me that they didn't look more alike.

It's even funnier because Aqua in BBS saying he is the spitging image of Ven and I'm just like ???? Um...you sure?

In the novels they walk this back though. Axel says Roxas looks only slightly like sora. Just a little bit. He says those two things one right after the other.

21 minutes ago, Fates Chance XIII said:

It's even funnier because Aqua in BBS saying he is the spitging image of Ven and I'm just like ???? Um...you sure?

In the novels they walk this back though. Axel says Roxas looks only slightly like sora. Just a little bit. He says those two things one right after the other.

Yeah, I feel like Ventus/Roxas should have been designed to look more like Sora. It caused some major confusion.

I got a new one. In KH1 Cloud tells Sora he is looking for someone and that is why he was working with Hades. The game never explains it and when you reach the end credits you see Cloud and Aerith reunite in Hollow Bastion. I had never played FFVII at that point so I assumed the person Cloud was looking for was Aerith. And I thought to myself "Awww! That's really sweet." because I had no idea these two characters were connected. I thought it was really well done KH world building at the time.

Then I played KHII and later FFVII and it's looking more and more likely that the person Cloud was looking for was Sephiroth. And it makes more sense that he would get Hades to help. Personally I like my idea of Cloud looking for Aerith over Sephiroth.

When I first played Coded, I thought Sora was an adult or something, and this was some sort of "Ten years later" concept, leading into a new storyline.

I don't know why, I guess seeing Disney Castle in peace, and Data Sora being the KH1 model made me think it took place much later than it did, and I hadn't played DDD at the time. 

I also used to fully think Seifer was a spy of some sort, and that's why he was such a butt. Like a plot twist was he was a Org. 13 member, but nope, he's just kinda a butt. 

On 1/13/2019 at 7:05 PM, Allwil13 said:

Yeah, I feel like Ventus/Roxas should have been designed to look more like Sora. It caused some major confusion.

I mean if you take just the face and the eyes than it would but that goes for 99%Of all characters so...

1 hour ago, KeybladeMasterBalo said:

TBH I never theorize in KH because if I even think about something I know Nomura-san will come with a new game that will slap me continuously in the face with the truth that is far from whatever I have thought about...

Yeah, I don't think I've ever had a theory in KH actually come true. Which is kind of a good thing, TBH. I tend to have a knack for guessing what's going to happen in a story and I've never had that problem with KH.

6 hours ago, Allwil13 said:

Yeah, I don't think I've ever had a theory in KH actually come true. Which is kind of a good thing, TBH. I tend to have a knack for guessing what's going to happen in a story and I've never had that problem with KH.

No one will ever guess Nomura's plans! The only Theory I once read that was actually true was about Xehanort Possessing Terra's body but I don't remember the actual details of how they theorized it. Aside from that, theories always get debunked XD

2 minutes ago, KeybladeMasterBalo said:

No one will ever guess Nomura's plans! The only Theory I once read that was actually true was about Xehanort Possessing Terra's body but I don't remember the actual details of how they theorized it. Aside from that, theories always get debunked XD

Well, I guess with the vast amount of theories out there at least a couple are bound to be true. Makes me wonder if we'll get a true theory with KH3.

I use to think apprentice Xehanort was a actual person, not a amnesia persona of a fused Terra and old man Xehanort. It's another Kingdom Hearts moment where every time I see apprentice Xehanort I chuckle at what he really is. A old man possessing a younger man. It fits his theme set by KH1 though.

Not a theory, but years before I played Kingdom Hearts and had only seen bits and pieces of it, I thought Riku was a girl. I also thought there was a legit Riku/Sora/Kairi love triangle going on. Don't ask (I had seen actual cutscenes and stuff, and still thought Riku was a girl).

Also, when I first started KH2 I thought Seifer was somehow related to Riku (like Roxas is to Sora). I didn't know he was from FF8.

Sadly I can't remember anything else.

I remember thinking Yen Sid was secretly evil. Something about the way he vanishes after you meet him in KH2 felt very ominous. For the rest of the game I kept waiting for him to show up and attack us.

I also thought for some reason (despite hearing the correct pronunciation within the game) that Xemnas was pronounced Ex-emnes, Xigbar as Ex-igbar, and Xaldin I thought was pronounced Ex-Aladdin.

1 hour ago, JTD95 said:

I remember thinking Yen Sid was secretly evil. Something about the way he vanishes after you meet him in KH2 felt very ominous. For the rest of the game I kept waiting for him to show up and attack us.

I also thought for some reason (despite hearing the correct pronunciation within the game) that Xemnas was pronounced Ex-emnes, Xigbar as Ex-igbar, and Xaldin I thought was pronounced Ex-Aladdin.

It's so funny to think back on how everyone used to pronounce some of the Org names differently! XD 

You were not alone! There used to be furious debate over it.

I used to pronounce Xigbars name for the longest time as zeye-bar. I dont even know why! I didnt pronounce the 'g' at all! I thought it was silent and I have no idea where this pronunciation came from! Though I dont remember his name ever being said in KH2.

I also used to say Demyx as DEE-mix instead of Dem-ix. 

I am also not amused that Luxords name is pronounced Loo-cks-ard instead of Luh-cks-ord. Because it was such a punny and clever name for him! Luh-cks, as in luck! And Luxor is also a thing in Vegas so you have the gambling element in there too!! I just could not believe they went with what they did -_-

I thought Goofy would be as tall as Axel or Lexaeus.  The guy is the tallest out of the Mickey/Donald/Goofy trio.  I also used to believe that Goofy's wife and Max's mom died in a car wreck.  Granted, this is unrelated to KH.

I remember finishing KH2 and being convinced that was the end of the entire series. I even got into a heated argument with my bro over it. I was just so sure: "Sora made it back to the islands! It's all over now!" Little did I know >.> 

6 minutes ago, Bl4ck_iris said:

I remember finishing KH2 and being convinced that was the end of the entire series. I even got into a heated argument with my bro over it. I was just so sure: "Sora made it back to the islands! It's all over now!" Little did I know >.> 

Fun fact: IIRC from an interview in Famitsu or something after the launch of KH2 and the reactions to the Secret Movie, Nomura said that he had planned on the series originally ending then, even though he had more ideas and then due to fan reaction he decided to bring those ideas to life. I could be remembering incorrectly, as it was over a decade ago, but that's what I remember reading :) It could also have been a thing referring to KH1 as well and I'm just mixing them up!

As for my contribution to this thread: I thought that the Nobodies were originally just Ansem style Heartless, not a different type of entity, at least in regards to the Organization that you meet in CoM. I also believed that Axel was the shadiest of all shady characters in the Organization. And while he had his secrets it turned out that he was just an overall well intentioned guy that had to be a bit sneaky with some things but was overall a goof :D

I remember before Mysterious Figure in BBS was revealed. There was so much speculation about it being Riku or Vanitas returning. I don't remember seeing anyone get it right but there were people throwing around time travel as a possibility so it was cool to see they were that close.

Back in 2006, I only had kh1, and my friend had kh2. He told me that at the very beginning, you play as “soras twin” who looks just like Sora but with blonde hair. I immediately thought of cloud in kh1, and for a year or so I thought that cloud was roxas.

I also remember thinking it was weird that Sora didn’t recognize any of the Disney characters, I thought “hasn’t he seen the movies?” (I was very young back then lol)

2 hours ago, Xeyril said:

Back in 2006, I only had kh1, and my friend had kh2. He told me that at the very beginning, you play as “soras twin” who looks just like Sora but with blonde hair. I immediately thought of cloud in kh1, and for a year or so I thought that cloud was roxas.

I also remember thinking it was weird that Sora didn’t recognize any of the Disney characters, I thought “hasn’t he seen the movies?” (I was very young back then lol)

I mean in marvel comics the actual Marvel Comics exist as historical documents so maybe in a couple of centurys these events will be redone by a historian as movies but sora donald and goofy erased their tracks to well