8 minutes ago, ienzo628 said:

It's possible.  I also heard that Kairi was close to Lea.

They've been hinting that the two have become close during their time training with Merlin. Of course, this means  that people are already saying that they're going to become a couple, which I think might be jumping the gun a little.

8 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

They've been hinting that the two have become close during their time training with Merlin. Of course, this means  that people are already saying that they're going to become a couple, which I think might be jumping the gun a little.

I doubt they'll become a couple since Kairi is like seventeen and Axel is what like 25 or 26.

1 minute ago, ienzo628 said:

I doubt they'll become a couple since Kairi is like seventeen and Axel is what like 25 or 26.

Yeeeeahh, that's kind of my thought process. I do think there is aome romantic chemistry there but unless we get some clarification on Lea's age and he turnes out to be only like 18 or 19 then I would rather they just be friends.

3 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

Yeeeeahh, that's kind of my thought process. I do think there is some romantic chemistry there but unless we get some clarification on Lea's age and he turns out to be only like 18 or 19 then I would rather they just be friends.

I rather have Sora and Kairi together than Kairi to get with Lea.  Lea also has some connection to Kairi through being friends with Xion and holding Namine captive.  Didn't Axel lie to Saix about Namine's whereabouts in Days after he mentioned killing off Zexion to help Saix get to the top?

Plus, in the cutscene from Sunset Hill, we see Namine, Axel and possibly Riku talking together.  Did the three of them form some sort of plan during the events of Com behind Saix's back?  I don't remember seeing the three of them interacting in Com, just Axel with Namine and Axel with Repliku.

Edited by ienzo628

On 1/11/2019 at 12:54 PM, ienzo628 said:

On 1/11/2019 at 12:57 PM, Allwil13 said:

Yeeeeahh, that's kind of my thought process. I do think there is aome romantic chemistry there but unless we get some clarification on Lea's age and he turnes out to be only like 18 or 19 then I would rather they just be friends.

I agree, I think people are jumping the gun a bit. Lea is like the older brother/college friend in the group. It's not that uncommon in real life for teens to have people in their early twenties in their friendship groups imo. From personal experience, I've seen/have had groups of friends with people ranging between 15 and 25 included.

I don't think Kairi likes Lea in that way, there's actually a lot of hints she likes Sora back. And for Lea's side, I'm pretty sure it's just platonic/Reminds him of Xion.

About the ages, Sora, Riku and Kairi are actually characters that we know for sure what their ages are. The ultimanias and PS2 game booklets state it outright that:

Riku is 15 in KH1 and 16 in KH2. He will be 17 in KH3. He's one year older than Sora and Kairi.

Sora and Kairi are both 14 in KH1 and 15 in KH2. So, they will be 16, not 17. This means that Namine, Xion, and Roxas are also (Mentally/Physically)14/15 in between the events of KH1/CoM/KH2. They are always the same age as Sora and Kairi. Even though the only one who has a model that reflects this is Namine. Then again, maybe Xion being a replica means she doesn't age. Roxas has no excuse though, lol. 

So, we know that Roxas has to be 15 by the end of Days. It's likely that Ventus is around the same age. I think he was 14 in BBS, however, since apparently him meeting Aqua and Terra happened four years after Xehanort found him(Again, they didn't make different models for that but it's understandable since it's only one scene). Since lea and Isa look around the same age as Ventus in BBS, and it's been ten years since, Lea and Isa pretty much have to be at least 24. For lea to be 18 or 19, would mean he only aged four or five years in that ten year span. Which is still possible, but I feel like it's less likely. If nobodies age slowly, then how come Namine aged normally? 🤔  

Then again, we all assumed Aqua was in her early twenties, and then Nomura said "she's around 18/19". lol

On 1/11/2019 at 1:00 PM, ienzo628 said:

I rather have Sora and Kairi together than Kairi to get with Lea.  Lea also has some connection to Kairi through being friends with Xion and holding Namine captive.  Didn't Axel lie to Saix about Namine's whereabouts in Days after he mentioned killing off Zexion to help Saix get to the top?

Plus, in the cutscene from Sunset Hill, we see Namine, Axel and possibly Riku talking together.  Did the three of them form some sort of plan during the events of Com behind Saix's back?  I don't remember seeing the three of them interacting in Com, just Axel with Namine and Axel with Repliku.

Actually, in that scene, Riku was sent by DiZ to kill Namine and Axel. He allowed them to escape.

Here's the dubbed version:

Riku actually seemed to be contemplating his choice after they left. Damn

32 minutes ago, Kittenz said:

Actually, in that scene, Riku was sent by DiZ to kill Namine and Axel. He allowed them to escape.

Here's the dubbed version:

Riku actually seemed to be contemplating his choice after they left. Damn

Was he? Wow. they didn't make that very clear, in my opinion. I thought they were all formulating a plan of action.

9 hours ago, Allwil13 said:

Was he? Wow. they didn't make that very clear, in my opinion. I thought they were all formulating a plan of action.

I had no idea that was what the scene was about.  How did Axel help Riku during CO though?  The guy got Repliku to kill Zexion because he was in the way of Saix's position.  He did let Namine go and lie to Saix about what happened to Namine sort of.  Axel did let Namine go which got in the way of Larxene and Marluxia's plan of controlling the keyblade wielder.

I don't know if Axel letting Namine escape was part of his and Saix's plan to overthrow Xemnas or his way of helping Riku.  What were Saix and Axel planning on doing with Roxas?  Axel I know wanted to keep Sora intact because if he got defeated or learned about Roxas's existence than it would cause some problems for Roxas.   Roxas was also the only legitimate keyblade wielder in the Organization (Xion doesn't count in part that she gained her ability to wield the keyblade from Roxas) so I'd imagine that he played some role in Saix's and Axel's scheme.

15 hours ago, ienzo628 said:

I had no idea that was what the scene was about.  How did Axel help Riku during CO though?  The guy got Repliku to kill Zexion because he was in the way of Saix's position.  He did let Namine go and lie to Saix about what happened to Namine sort of.  Axel did let Namine go which got in the way of Larxene and Marluxia's plan of controlling the keyblade wielder.

I don't know if Axel letting Namine escape was part of his and Saix's plan to overthrow Xemnas or his way of helping Riku.  What were Saix and Axel planning on doing with Roxas?  Axel I know wanted to keep Sora intact because if he got defeated or learned about Roxas's existence than it would cause some problems for Roxas.   Roxas was also the only legitimate keyblade wielder in the Organization (Xion doesn't count in part that she gained her ability to wield the keyblade from Roxas) so I'd imagine that he played some role in Saix's and Axel's scheme.

I suspect that Riku wanted to make sure that Namine would be safe, and he knew that Axel wasn't entirely loyal to the Organization so he trusted him to protect her. But that whole scene was really weird. Apart from the whole "I know you're here to get rid of us" thing, they didn't do much to explain Riku's motivations there.

4 hours ago, Allwil13 said:

I suspect that Riku wanted to make sure that Namine would be safe, and he knew that Axel wasn't entirely loyal to the Organization so he trusted him to protect her. But that whole scene was really weird. Apart from the whole "I know you're here to get rid of us" thing, they didn't do much to explain Riku's motivations there.

This is why I really wanna read the KH2 novel. I just finised Days, fully anticipating it to just be a play by play if the game, but instead it dug into a lot of the points of view you dont get in the games. You learn about stuff that was happening off screen or dives deeper into character motivations or relationships. Ive only read some of the KH2 novel from a sample chapter, but it seems like they are doing the same thing! I need to get me that book!

For example, in the Days novel you spend more time in other peoples POV than in Roxas'! You get to see in roxas head, but when you are, you learn about things he was thinking about that you didnt before. It made me want individual books of the story from all the main players points of view. Especially Saixs'! 

1 minute ago, Fates Chance XIII said:

This is why I really wanna read the KH2 novel. I just finised Days, fully anticipating it to just be a play by play if the game, but instead it dug into a lot of the points of view you dont get in the games. You learn about stuff that was happening off screen or dives deeper into character motivations or relationships. Ive only read some of the KH2 novel from a sample chapter, but it seems like they are doing the same thing! I need to get me that book!

For example, in the Days novel you spend more time in other peoples POV than in Roxas'! You get to see in roxas head, but when you are, you learn about things he was thinking about that you didnt before. It made me want individual books of the story from all the main players points of view. Especially Saixs'! 

Even the manga went more in depth with the characters than the games did. I remember in the Chain of Memories mange Larxene was always reading, and I loved that little inclusion. I think in the KH2 novel you got to see what the organization did in their down time too. I read somewhere that Luxord beat Axel in a card game and Axel was a sore loser, lol.