Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Near the end of the latest video by the leaker known as kh3islife we can see a list of all worlds in the journal. Here they are.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Twilight Town

The Keyblade Graveyard

Scala Ad Caelum

The Realm of Darkness

Toy Box

Monstropolis

Olympus

100 Acre Wood

The Caribbean

San Fransokio

Kingdom of Corona

Arendelle

That's it. That's all we're getting.

42 minutes ago, Potato head harvey said:

Near the end of the latest video by the leaker known as kh3islife we can see a list of all worlds in the journal. Here they are.

the vid in question (Hide contents)
  the worlds (Hide contents)

Twilight Town

The Keyblade Graveyard

Scala Ad Caelum

The Realm of Darkness

Toy Box

Monstropolis

Olympus

100 Acre Wood

The Caribbean

San Fransokio

Kingdom of Corona

Arendelle

That's it. That's all we're getting.

Spoiler

Slightly disappointing, but not really all that surpising. 12 worlds is pretty good.

Spoiler

Game was completed in 34 hours.

Time was taken to explore the worlds and watch cutscenes etc. Very casual playthrough.

Beaten on proud mode at level 39.

Game is much shorter than originally thought.

I guess it's time for us to face our fears...

:'(

Edited by Potato head harvey

49 minutes ago, Potato head harvey said:
  game length (Reveal hidden contents)

Game was completed in 34 hours.

Time was taken to explore the worlds and watch cutscenes etc. Very casual playthrough.

Beaten on proud mode at level 39.

Game is much shorter than originally thought.

I guess it's time for us to face our fears...

:'(

My heart literally dropped when I saw this...

Edit: What's really weird is that this review is by the dude playing the game's brother. Yet in one twitter post, KH3isLife said it was GOTY despite how it was saved from having a bad ending, but then he went on to post this. Am I the only one that's really confused here?

Edited by ITzDarthLordRevan

If you feel down from that post remember it was the exact same for kh2 upon release and it was a very good game.

• Spoiler

•  KH2 was also 30 hours for main story
    •  KH2 has approximately the same amount of worlds
    • The guy didn't see the ending because Nomura revealed it would come as a day one patch.
    • KH2 also have very low replayability

We are all biased because we remember the Final Mix version of previous games.
In original KH2, after the main story, all you had to do was to get Ultima and the Hades Cup. Nothing more really. It's the Final Mix version that turned this good game into a GOTY one.
It's the same for KH3. They focused on a game and its main story.

What will happen in 2019 is that they will probably work on the Final Mix version (it won't be a full game to buy again thanks to the dlc).
Inside we will probably see:

• Spoiler

• New worlds (I am thinking of Castle Oblivion, Hollow Bastion and the world that never was) to give more depth to the story
    • New side quests to increase the replayability
    • New cutscenes
    • New optional boss fights

I am not worry because it is the same pattern than it was 12 years ago. Do not take KH3 as the final product. None of the Kingdom Hearts games were the final product on release.
Does it suck? Yes a bit. But it will make the game live longer than just 1 month in your hearts.

16 minutes ago, cyntix said:

If you feel down from that post remember it was the exact same for kh2 upon release and it was a very good game.

•   comparison with kh2 (Hide contents)

•  KH2 was also 30 hours for main story
    •  KH2 has approximately the same amount of worlds
    • The guy didn't see the ending because Nomura revealed it would come as a day one patch.
    • KH2 also have very low replayability

We are all biased because we remember the Final Mix version of previous games.
In original KH2, after the main story, all you had to do was to get Ultima and the Hades Cup. Nothing more really. It's the Final Mix version that turned this good game into a GOTY one.
It's the same for KH3. They focused on a game and its main story.

What will happen in 2019 is that they will probably work on the Final Mix version (it won't be a full game to buy again thanks to the dlc).
Inside we will probably see:

•   new content that is currently not in the game (Hide contents)

• New worlds (I am thinking of Castle Oblivion, Hollow Bastion and the world that never was) to give more depth to the story
    • New side quests to increase the replayability
    • New cutscenes
    • New optional boss fights

I am not worry because it is the same pattern than it was 12 years ago. Do not take KH3 as the final product. None of the Kingdom Hearts games were the final product on release.
Does it suck? Yes a bit. But it will make the game live longer than just 1 month in your hearts.

He's also playing the game technically without the epilogue ,secret ending, and credits since Square took it out of the game and a possible day 1 patch is most likely going to include  all of that, so I'm wondering if this has some sort of effect on his review as well. I guess I also shouldn't let one person's opnion bother me, but unfortunately I'm like that sometimes. At the end of the day, I'll have to judge whether it's good or not myself. 

I think I should also take a break from the internet for a while, distract myself from the leaks, and forget about it until the game comes out. Have been thinking about finishing TheNyanCave's playthrough of Persona 5 and watching a playthrough of Fable for the first time. I should also catch up on RWBY and Blue Exorcist season 2 while I'm at it.

We also have to remember that this is just one person's opinion. We are all different and we perceive things very differently. Just because this person felt that the game wasn't great doesn't mean that it's not. Don't take this person's opinion as definitive proof that the game won't be amazing. 

Also remember that since the game has been so hyped up over the span of 13 years that some people have probably raised it up on a pedestal that no game could ever hope to live up to. When a game is this hyped, the disappointments feel much worse because expectations were just way too high and the game couldn't hope to live up to them. 

So let's all not jump to conclusions. I'm not going to let this one person's opinion pull down my spirits.

Like cyntix said, I don’t think it’s entireky impossible there’ll be a Final Mix dlc with more worlds, Keyblades, cutscenes, enemies, post game content, etc. Kind of seems like a given at this point. Which honestly, I’m really really excited for!! I’m just looking forward to playing the game, but if Square adds even more after launch, count me in!

By the way, did the leaker play the previous games? Or just 1 and 2? It is important to know before to read any KH3 review. When KH3 will be out, what will most likely happen is that half of the reviews will say something like: story is confusing even though I played 1 and 2 ten years ago.

1 minute ago, cyntix said:

By the way, did the leaker play the previous games? Or just 1 and 2? It is important to know before to read any KH3 review. When KH3 will be out, what will most likely happen is that half of the reviews will say something like: story is confusing even though I played 1 and 2 ten years ago.

That's another really good point. We don't know how long it's been since he played the other games (if he did at all). 

Also, this is the internet, which means this guy could be being unnecessarily harsh to try and rile people up. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not trusting this review.

1 minute ago, Allwil13 said:

That's another really good point. We don't know how long it's been since he played the other games (if he did at all). 

Also, this is the internet, which means this guy could be being unnecessarily harsh to try and rile people up. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not trusting this review.

I think we all are super nervous because of what happen with Final Fantasy XV. ?

8 minutes ago, cyntix said:

I think we all are super nervous because of what happen with Final Fantasy XV. ?

Final Fantasy XV? Or Final Fantasy VII? I will admit, the lack of info on Final Fantasy VII Remake is getting a tad concerning.

3 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

Final Fantasy XV? Or Final Fantasy VII? I will admit, the lack of info on Final Fantasy VII Remake is getting a tad concerning.

No, I mean XV. The game was not finished for the release and they had to patch it during the next year like crazy.
So when someone comes and say: "kh3 is rushed", it makes everyone more nervous than it should.
Of course it was not the same situation. With KH3, they announced it was finished two months before release, while with ffxv they delayed it two months before release. You can feel that the development process went more smoothly than for XV, so we can assume that it is not rushed.

2 minutes ago, cyntix said:

No, I mean XV. The game was not finished for the release and they had to patch it during the next year like crazy.
So when someone comes and say: "kh3 is rushed", it makes everyone more nervous than it should.
Of course it was not the same situation. With KH3, they announced it was finished two months before release, while with ffxv they delayed it two months before release. You can feel that the development process went more smoothly than for XV, so we can assume that it is not rushed.

Ahhhhh, I see what you mean now. Yeah, I can understand why that's making people kind of edgy. I still have plenty of confidence that KH3 will be good, judging by what I've seen and heard. But yeah, the FFXV situation would be a pretty freaky reminder of what can go wrong.

So my two cents on this guys review;

There is some truth to what he is saying, but there seems to be an incredible amount of frustration because of the ending of the game. Nomura did say it would be hard to swallow and perhaps leave a sour taste, probably what it has done. So I think that has skewered his review massively.

1)  He states that there is a lack of endgame content but this is highly likely that it will be plugged in the Day-One Patch because he said Nomura said post-game content would be withheld and I believe this includes Secret Bosses which could be considered spoilers for future games. Plus it's highly likely there will be FM content in the form of DLC which i'm fine with.

2) His U-Turn from 'GOTY' to 'Meh' is intrinsically linked to the ending of the game if you look at the timeline of what he says, this is not the first time the leaker has made bizarre sweeping statements for instance he was incredibly frustrated by the fact you couldn't change reaction commands and fully panned the game for it before it was revealed his controller was faulty and you could.

3) He states nothing about the quality of the Disney worlds and the World Design, which from what i've seen via the leaked footage it looks fantastic, I find it bizarre this doesn't factor into his review

4) Now when showed footage of the completed game in the menu screen he was Level 40 and had put in 35 hours. Level-wise on Proud mode this doesn't look the best and I do address this as a genuine area for concern, especially since you can't play Critical first play-through. 

5) Obviously i'm disappointed by the lack of a Radiant Garden but a) it isn't the last entry in the series so there's definite evidence we see it again b) if it didn't make sense for it to be there in the story there's no point in shoe-horning it in.

So factoring all this in, obviously I can't make this judgement in complete good faith that it's correct but it sounds like the game is around a 7.5/8 out of 10 with the ending perhaps alienating and angering a lot of fans, what that is we will have to see. I'm not blindly defending this game because i'm on a fan forum because I do acknowledge it has a lot of faults, but I do think we do need to examine what this guy has said properly because he does not seem like he has the most substantiated opinions. I don't really listen to what his brother says either really because he hasn't actually played it and has admitted he's significantly less investigated in the game and the lore than the leaker.

Edited by DemyxIsBest

Just now, HikariYami said:

I wasn’t expecting more Disney worlds. I don’t know why everyone was expecting more

Probably cause we are waiting like 13 years but the worlds are looking massive I'm not sure about Toy Story but it looks fantastic.
I hope Destiny Islands and Daybreak Town will be explorable.

I got to be honest I'm kinda happy about the game lengh. Now hopefully there's post game content so you can put in a few more hours but for the main storyline 35 to 40 hours is personally fine for me.

I....have been lowering expections for the game for a while, ever since they announced less worlds. I still think I'll enjoy it and it might be one of my favorite games of the year but I don't think it's gonna be like a game of the decade like some are proclaiming, or even the best of the franchise, but we shall see. I don't think it's going to get game of the year either. Honestly if the game's just solid I'll probably be happy.

This is just one guy saying it, others might think differently. But I don't think we should ignore what he said either. Though I know he does not have the whole ending since it's coming in a day 1 patch, the ending does make me nervous more than anything else. It's going to be one of those things that's going to make or break the game isn't it? 

Spoiler

I looked at some of the comments he made about the ending and it seems like for him it did not live up to expectations of what Nomura said, which could mean it was not as big of a deal that Nomura made it out to be. But I could be reading it wrong and that's just his opinion. But if true gives me another reason not to listen to whatever Nomura says in the future. >.> Cause he's been less then truthful in the past before ie we have more world than KH2, we have a few more Disney worlds left to reveal etc.

After reading the list, I was initially furious and ready to write a long rant. But I've gone for a long walk outside and cooled off, and now have more... "collected" thoughts lol

-I'm very disappointed that there is no playable Radiant Garden. It just thematically makes sense to have a completely restored Radiant Garden in Kingdom Hearts III. I get the whole"it might not fit with the story" argument, but here's the thing: you MAKE it fit. Nomura has (mostly) full creative control on the story. Radiant Garden is an important place to Sora, Kairi, and the lore of the series and it is just plain odd to not have it here.

-No playable Destiny Islands is bad too. Fans have wanted to explore the Main Island since KH2. Both Destiny Islands and Radiant Garden not being playable seems to show a big disconnect between the wants of the fans and those of the creators.

-I don't know who is in Twilight Town, but this makes things worse for Final Fantasy characters appearing. If Nomura can so easily drop Radiant Garden, he probably would have no qualms with throwing FF characters in the gutter as well. Does KH need FF cameos? No. BUT they were great additions that many fans enjoyed. No other series in the history of videogames has the chance to combine Disney & Final Fantasy characters, and it sucks that Nomura just shit on that aspect of the series. Similar to Frozen, I always joked that Lightning (from FF13) appearing in KH3 was inevitable, but now that she's not here, I'm kinda sad :(

-The Disney worlds are GREAT... but safe. Personally, the number of worlds is good, and even the IPs they picked are really good picks. Unfortunately, they could have afforded to have a "risky" world. This is not so much a problem for KH3 as it is the future of the series. EVENTUALLY you are going to run the well dry of great material and have a KH game filled with worlds like Home on the Range, Brother Bear, The Rescuers, and National Treasure. Properties with their own fans, but will not sell copies to the mainstream audience. I'll just say it: they should have had Treasure Planet, Atlantis, or Jungle Book.

-They should have said that Pooh was the last Disney world. And to those that might say "that would be bad marketing and kill speculation", fine. If that's the case, your last Disney world shouldn't have been f**king Winnie the Pooh. It should have been Pirates, Toy Story, Frozen, or f**king ANYTHING else, other than Pooh.

I'm not going to let everything this guy says influence me (I don't think he has a good handle on the series anyway), but I'm just looking at the facts. Based on the stuff that's just not there, KH3 is already beneath KH2, at least on MY personal list. :( :( :(

10 minutes ago, Green Sparrow said:

After reading the list, I was initially furious and ready to write a long rant. But I've gone for a long walk outside and cooled off, and now have more... "collected" thoughts lol

-I'm very disappointed that there is no playable Radiant Garden. It just thematically makes sense to have a completely restored Radiant Garden in Kingdom Hearts III. I get the whole"it might not fit with the story" argument, but here's the thing: you MAKE it fit. Nomura has (mostly) full creative control on the story. Radiant Garden is an important place to Sora, Kairi, and the lore of the series and it is just plain odd to not have it here.

-No playable Destiny Islands is bad too. Fans have wanted to explore the Main Island since KH2. Both Destiny Islands and Radiant Garden not being playable seems to show a big disconnect between the wants of the fans and those of the creators.

-I don't know who is in Twilight Town, but this makes things worse for Final Fantasy characters appearing. If Nomura can so easily drop Radiant Garden, he probably would have no qualms with throwing FF characters in the gutter as well. Does KH need FF cameos? No. BUT they were great additions that many fans enjoyed. No other series in the history of videogames has the chance to combine Disney & Final Fantasy characters, and it sucks that Nomura just shit on that aspect of the series. Similar to Frozen, I always joked that Lightning (from FF13) appearing in KH3 was inevitable, but now that she's not here, I'm kinda sad :(

-The Disney worlds are GREAT... but safe. Personally, the number of worlds is good, and even the IPs they picked are really good picks. Unfortunately, they could have afforded to have a "risky" world. This is not so much a problem for KH3 as it is the future of the series. EVENTUALLY you are going to run the well dry of great material and have a KH game filled with worlds like Home on the Range, Brother Bear, The Rescuers, and National Treasure. Properties with their own fans, but will not sell copies to the mainstream audience. I'll just say it: they should have had Treasure Planet, Atlantis, or Jungle Book.

-They should have said that Pooh was the last Disney world. And to those that might say "that would be bad marketing and kill speculation", fine. If that's the case, your last Disney world shouldn't have been f**king Winnie the Pooh. It should have been Pirates, Toy Story, Frozen, or f**king ANYTHING else, other than Pooh.

I'm not going to let everything this guy says influence me (I don't think he has a good handle on the series anyway), but I'm just looking at the facts. Based on the stuff that's just not there, KH3 is already beneath KH2, at least on MY personal list. :( :( :(

I personally expect radiant garden to be playable in the future as a dlc or final mix update with all the final fantasy characters that we want to see.