Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

1 hour ago, cyntix said:

I personally expect radiant garden to be playable in the future as a dlc or final mix update with all the final fantasy characters that we want to see.

It's possible but I would not count on it.

1 hour ago, Green Sparrow said:

After reading the list, I was initially furious and ready to write a long rant. But I've gone for a long walk outside and cooled off, and now have more... "collected" thoughts lol

-I'm very disappointed that there is no playable Radiant Garden. It just thematically makes sense to have a completely restored Radiant Garden in Kingdom Hearts III. I get the whole"it might not fit with the story" argument, but here's the thing: you MAKE it fit. Nomura has (mostly) full creative control on the story. Radiant Garden is an important place to Sora, Kairi, and the lore of the series and it is just plain odd to not have it here.

-No playable Destiny Islands is bad too. Fans have wanted to explore the Main Island since KH2. Both Destiny Islands and Radiant Garden not being playable seems to show a big disconnect between the wants of the fans and those of the creators.

-I don't know who is in Twilight Town, but this makes things worse for Final Fantasy characters appearing. If Nomura can so easily drop Radiant Garden, he probably would have no qualms with throwing FF characters in the gutter as well. Does KH need FF cameos? No. BUT they were great additions that many fans enjoyed. No other series in the history of videogames has the chance to combine Disney & Final Fantasy characters, and it sucks that Nomura just shit on that aspect of the series. Similar to Frozen, I always joked that Lightning (from FF13) appearing in KH3 was inevitable, but now that she's not here, I'm kinda sad :(

-The Disney worlds are GREAT... but safe. Personally, the number of worlds is good, and even the IPs they picked are really good picks. Unfortunately, they could have afforded to have a "risky" world. This is not so much a problem for KH3 as it is the future of the series. EVENTUALLY you are going to run the well dry of great material and have a KH game filled with worlds like Home on the Range, Brother Bear, The Rescuers, and National Treasure. Properties with their own fans, but will not sell copies to the mainstream audience. I'll just say it: they should have had Treasure Planet, Atlantis, or Jungle Book.

-They should have said that Pooh was the last Disney world. And to those that might say "that would be bad marketing and kill speculation", fine. If that's the case, your last Disney world shouldn't have been f**king Winnie the Pooh. It should have been Pirates, Toy Story, Frozen, or f**king ANYTHING else, other than Pooh.

I'm not going to let everything this guy says influence me (I don't think he has a good handle on the series anyway), but I'm just looking at the facts. Based on the stuff that's just not there, KH3 is already beneath KH2, at least on MY personal list. :( :( :(

Basically all of this. In terms of variety of worlds I much prefer KH2. I started getting the sinking suspicion of Radient Garden not being playable when Twilight Town was looking to be taking it's role from KH2, but yeah I entirely agree that Radient Garden should have been playable, especally with how many Final Fantasy characters are there, being the home world of Kairi etc. They could have squeezed some gameplay. With Destiny Islands I'm a little less upset about cause like with Disney Castle all the characters are already out doing something else. But I understand others frustrations. I don't get what they are doing with the Final Fantasy characters either.

With the Disney worlds, I 100% agree. I've come to terms with having only 8 but they are really using up all their mainstream titles. I get the excitement and from a marketing standpoint it's a good idea, but you could save some for others titles and have one or two from lesser known properties. Some like Tangled and Frozen I have a feeling they are gonna have a hard time returning too due to how the stories work (maybe Frozen less so due to a sequel coming out). And yeah, they should have either said Winnie the Pooh was the last one, or they should have waited to announce I different one, and I actually LIKE having Winnie the Pooh, but it's not really the most exciting one to end on.

2 hours ago, cyntix said:

I personally expect radiant garden to be playable in the future as a dlc or final mix update with all the final fantasy characters that we want to see.

I’m sure hoping that’s the case, but who knows with that one. Personally, I see Disney worlds easily being added as dlc worlds and something like making destiny islands explorable or something, if for a small part. 

First things off, I'm saddened like most of you are for the lack of playability for R.G and Destiny Islands. Yet, not that disappointed about that. Nomura said they were reaching storage limits, so most likely they scropped some worlds at that time. What worries me most is the replay value which seems weak.

About the leaker, he got disappointed about one point of the story ending. However, it was overally his opinion and most certainly there will be people who will love the thing he hated. Just like there are people who preferred KH1 to KH2 or KHBBS to KH2. There's a possibility that his opinion about that one point may belong to the minority of those who'll play the game.

But now the most problematic situation is indeed what I stated earlier. If there were additional side quests and new small locations once we finished the game, it'd be awesome and the problem would be resolved. Not to mention that the tournaments are very necessary and essencial too. 

However, there are high chances that additional changes once the game has been released can be put into the game. For example, look at 0.2. The game is sometimes even referred as a demo, yet some changes were made (example: lower damage dealt by enemies on proud mode). That's basically why there's a high chance that a main highly-awaited game may receive the same treatment. Most likely several updates will follow. 

On my personal opinion, I hope they increase enemies' damage on the player on Proud Mode and that they give an option to hide the glowy walls. I'd be really happy with it.

Now, on my wishes, I overly desire that additional DLC may come up to add areas, side quests and tournaments. It will highly increase the replay value which is a necessity. On Nomura's interviews, he expressed optimist about future DLC but it was also noticeable to some extent that he hadn't thought about it. Which is why I'm now more eager to wait for interviews so that we can be sure that he's got big plans to improve this game.

Also, let me say that I'm not sad if the worlds seem shorter. The graphics are incredible and it was their first experience with the new engine. I'm sure that next installments will surprise us a lot. Either way, side quests is the only way to make the world longer, aside from story content. Which is why not all is doomed yet.

All of it doesn't mean that KH3 should be looked down. We have no idea what is going to happen to the main characters as the leaker isn't giving spoilers (hopefully), so it will surprise us a lot too. 

On my opinion, I got scared at first. But now I'm hyped to play it again. KH0.2 didn't have a lot of replay value too but I replayed it way more than KHCOM given it's stunning graphics. And it almost equals to just one world in KH3. So if there are more than ten worlds, it'll be like playing ten different KH0.2 and it's already perfect for me.

Spoiler

No coliseum tournaments.

Turns out twilight town is actually much smaller than we thought. Supposedly what we saw in that clip he posted was pretty much it.

No sephiroth fight.

Supposedly scala ad caelum is extremely small, if you walk too far it just triggers the endgame stuff.

No refight-able bosses.

So far, no signs of any secret bosses.

Edited by Potato head harvey

57 minutes ago, Potato head harvey said:
  More disappointments (Reveal hidden contents)

No coliseum tournaments.

Turns out twilight town is actually much smaller than we thought. Supposedly what we saw in that clip he posted was pretty much it.

No sephiroth fight.

Supposedly scala ad caelum is extremely small, if you walk too far it just triggers the endgame stuff.

No refight-able bosses.

So far, no signs of any secret bosses.

Most of this we already knew.

Also, it seems to me you are exaggerating a bit. He didn't said Scala ad Caelum was that small. He said it was "explorable to some extent" until the boss battle is triggered. Either way, we've got some worlds already. Nomura should just give some replay value in each of them.

On bbs we had to reach the final ending to trigger two secret bosses. It's plausible that he may only find secret bosses when the game and the ending launches. At least I'll believe.

So, before getting disappointed and frustated, it's better to reach a neutral state while waiting for the game to come. I'm focusing more on the great content we already have rather than the content we overly wish to have.

The leaker gave it a score of 7 to 10 overally anyways. 

Edit: Given he's a casual, I believe we don't have a need to worry about his opinion. Not everything pleases everyone unfortunately. Better think like that and, of course, don't have much expectations.

Edited by VocaloidLover13

7 minutes ago, VocaloidLover13 said:

Most of this we already knew.

Really? We already knew that twilight town was small?

We already knew sephiroth isn't in?

We already knew tournaments were out?

"Explorable to some extent" implies it's not that big.

I've been burned by hype too many times to know where this is headed. 

5 hours ago, Potato head harvey said:

It's only been played by one person. It's possible you'll enjoy it more than him

Sepiroth implies FF characters, and he made certain to say there was only one more aside the moogles. Without Cloud it's hard to have Sepiroth, and I've been really expecting his absence.

The lack of tournaments was confirmed some days ago

I just believe we mustn't be sad about it. There's hope, so let's not be negative and such. And of course, not having many expectations is essencial too 

9 hours ago, Potato head harvey said:

I think sometime last year Nomura was "thinking about whether he wanted to add Sephiroth or not". So that at least was always on the fence. Now, with some things we have got to remember that the guy does not technically have the full game yet, so there might be more secret bosses and secret endings and whatnot.

I'll wait for additionally reviews, but I have been lowering expectations a little bit. I'm really curious about that ending though.

On 12/30/2018 at 4:50 AM, Green Sparrow said:

After reading the list, I was initially furious and ready to write a long rant. But I've gone for a long walk outside and cooled off, and now have more... "collected" thoughts lol

-I'm very disappointed that there is no playable Radiant Garden. It just thematically makes sense to have a completely restored Radiant Garden in Kingdom Hearts III. I get the whole"it might not fit with the story" argument, but here's the thing: you MAKE it fit. Nomura has (mostly) full creative control on the story. Radiant Garden is an important place to Sora, Kairi, and the lore of the series and it is just plain odd to not have it here.

-No playable Destiny Islands is bad too. Fans have wanted to explore the Main Island since KH2. Both Destiny Islands and Radiant Garden not being playable seems to show a big disconnect between the wants of the fans and those of the creators.

-I don't know who is in Twilight Town, but this makes things worse for Final Fantasy characters appearing. If Nomura can so easily drop Radiant Garden, he probably would have no qualms with throwing FF characters in the gutter as well. Does KH need FF cameos? No. BUT they were great additions that many fans enjoyed. No other series in the history of videogames has the chance to combine Disney & Final Fantasy characters, and it sucks that Nomura just shit on that aspect of the series. Similar to Frozen, I always joked that Lightning (from FF13) appearing in KH3 was inevitable, but now that she's not here, I'm kinda sad :(

-The Disney worlds are GREAT... but safe. Personally, the number of worlds is good, and even the IPs they picked are really good picks. Unfortunately, they could have afforded to have a "risky" world. This is not so much a problem for KH3 as it is the future of the series. EVENTUALLY you are going to run the well dry of great material and have a KH game filled with worlds like Home on the Range, Brother Bear, The Rescuers, and National Treasure. Properties with their own fans, but will not sell copies to the mainstream audience. I'll just say it: they should have had Treasure Planet, Atlantis, or Jungle Book.

-They should have said that Pooh was the last Disney world. And to those that might say "that would be bad marketing and kill speculation", fine. If that's the case, your last Disney world shouldn't have been f**king Winnie the Pooh. It should have been Pirates, Toy Story, Frozen, or f**king ANYTHING else, other than Pooh.

I'm not going to let everything this guy says influence me (I don't think he has a good handle on the series anyway), but I'm just looking at the facts. Based on the stuff that's just not there, KH3 is already beneath KH2, at least on MY personal list. :( :( :(

On 12/30/2018 at 6:52 AM, Tyranto Rex said:

It's possible but I would not count on it.

Basically all of this. In terms of variety of worlds I much prefer KH2. I started getting the sinking suspicion of Radient Garden not being playable when Twilight Town was looking to be taking it's role from KH2, but yeah I entirely agree that Radient Garden should have been playable, especally with how many Final Fantasy characters are there, being the home world of Kairi etc. They could have squeezed some gameplay. With Destiny Islands I'm a little less upset about cause like with Disney Castle all the characters are already out doing something else. But I understand others frustrations. I don't get what they are doing with the Final Fantasy characters either.

With the Disney worlds, I 100% agree. I've come to terms with having only 8 but they are really using up all their mainstream titles. I get the excitement and from a marketing standpoint it's a good idea, but you could save some for others titles and have one or two from lesser known properties. Some like Tangled and Frozen I have a feeling they are gonna have a hard time returning too due to how the stories work (maybe Frozen less so due to a sequel coming out). And yeah, they should have either said Winnie the Pooh was the last one, or they should have waited to announce I different one, and I actually LIKE having Winnie the Pooh, but it's not really the most exciting one to end on.

I think you guys are being just a little bit too pessimistic with the Disney worlds. Disney has several things in the works, including for this year. That includes sequels. By the time we get close to that point, several new Disney films will be out. 

We still have Moana, Coco and Zootopia(Which, in the case of M&Z, have been medals in χ/UX). Jungle Book has been scrapped twice now, so they obviously will put it in at some point. Toy Story and Frozen can return, King of Thieves is still an idea on table as well.  Pirates might return until the story is finished. We're good for now

Spoiler

46287786_2189583497925306_14938078913341

The theme of Frozen 2 is "a journey afar from Arendelle". It's possibly based in Japan, which would make it all the more fitting as a world imo

Edited by Kittenz

Personally, I'm bummed Radiant Garden and Destiny Islands aren't playable, but at the same time confused, because we know:

• Kairi and Lea had to have gone there, because Merlin is there. 
  • Sora's "Gummiphone" is an invention by Ienzo, and it looks like Riku and probably Kairi will get one as well. But They/He would of had to have picked it up from Ienzo?
  • Demyx and Vexen have a conversation in an area that looked like it could of been new, and it looked like a scene that would play when you were in that world.
  • Sora, Kairi and Riku go back to the islands at some point in the game. 

Destiny Islands didn't need to be playable, but Radiant Garden kind of seemed like it did. So, that stuff is all long cut-scenes then? With no gameplay in-between? Welp? 

Not that I mind long cutscenes, though

Edited by Kittenz

1 hour ago, Kittenz said:

Personally, I'm bummed Radiant Garden and Destiny Islands aren't playable, but at the same time confused, because we know:

• Sora's "Gummiphone" is an invention by Ienzo, and it looks like Riku and probably Kairi will get one as well. But They/He would of had to have picked it up from Ienzo?
  • Demyx and Vexen have a conversation in an area that looked like it could of been new, and it looked like a scene that would play when you were in that world.
  • Sora, Kairi and Riku go back to the islands at some point in the game. 

Destiny Islands didn't need to be playable, but Radiant Garden kind of seemed like it did. So, that stuff is all long cut-scenes then? With no gameplay in-between? Welp? 

Not that I mind long cutscenes, though

It is true that we have two pictures of radiant garden. One with ienzo using the gummiphone in the computer room and one from vexen and demyx talking to each other. So why is it not playable?
Either it is just cutscenes or it will be released with day one patch. The first is most likely gonna happen.

This is why my expectations have been low to begin with. Learned my lesson with FFXV. Im sure the game will be great/fun but its not as hype as everyone was expecting. Hopefully this doesn't translate to FF7R; fans have been waiting for that game longer than KH3 and i'd hate for it to be lackluster

On 1/1/2019 at 6:23 PM, Kittenz said:

But are they at Radiant Garden? Nomura already said that we wont be able to visit the world where Lea and Kairi are.

4 hours ago, Connected said:

But are they at Radiant Garden? Nomura already said that we wont be able to visit the world where Lea and Kairi are.

Merlin has created a pocket dimension for Lea and Kairi to train in. The world where Merlin, and therefore the pocket dimension, is, is Radiant Garden. Not visiting the pocket dimension isn't the same as not visiting the outer world, so Radiant Garden still had a chance.

6 hours ago, sagman12PC said:

This is why my expectations have been low to begin with. Learned my lesson with FFXV. Im sure the game will be great/fun but its not as hype as everyone was expecting. Hopefully this doesn't translate to FF7R; fans have been waiting for that game longer than KH3 and i'd hate for it to be lackluster

Imo, the remake will probably still let people down and never live up to the hype or people's expectations, no matter how good it is, because of how much the original game has been put on a pedestal + nostalgia filters 

1 minute ago, Kittenz said:

Imo, the remake will probably still let people down and never live up to the hype or people's expectations, no matter how good it is, because of how much the original game has been put on a pedestal + nostalgia filters 

That's what I think about Kingdom hearts 3's expectations. Kingdom Hearts 3 is one of the most anticipated games of the past decade, which means people's expectations for it are very, very high. Honestly, I think expectations are so high now that some people will inevitably be disappointed since their expectations are so high that no game could ever hope to live up to them. And I think that guy's review made it even worse.

14 minutes ago, Kittenz said:

Merlin has created a pocket dimension for Lea and Kairi to train in. The world where Merlin, and therefore the pocket dimension, is, is Radiant Garden. Not visiting the pocket dimension isn't the same as not visiting the outer world, so Radiant Garden still had a chance.

Huh where have you hear about this " pocket dimension? Never heard of it before..

5 minutes ago, Connected said:

Huh where have you hear about this " pocket dimension? Never heard of it before..

Pretty sure Yensid mentioned in the secret ending of Kingdom Hearts 3D that Lea and Kairi are training in a special place created by Merlin where time is slowed waaaaay down.

23 minutes ago, Connected said:

In an interview, told so in the orchestra Kairi story snippet, and by Yen Sid. Yen Sid: "It's clear you cannot teach a cat to bark. But Merlin and the three good fairies are aiding him [Lea] in a place that's more...temporally flexible".

So, in “The King Departs” when Yen Sid said, “But Merlin and the three good fairies are aiding him in a place that’s more…temporally flexible”…

Upon request, those who can manipulate time–Merlin and the three fairies who appeared in KH2–changed the flow of time in a special place, and there Lea received hastened training in order to be able to use the Keyblade, basically.

The orchestra snippet:

It has also been called a "hyperbolic time chamber" by the fandom. At least before recent trailers

Edited by Kittenz

There is something that bugs me about a recent twilight town video.

Spoiler

Apparently the main street that leads to the clock tower is unreachable.
Day 1 patch is our only hope.
1052700612_Screenshot2019-01-07at11_26_11.thumb.png.ef38d122b9a65033bf220eccbe0d33e8.png