Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

1 hour ago, cyntix said:

There is something that bugs me about a recent twilight town video.

Twilight town area spoiler (Reveal hidden contents)

Apparently the main street that leads to the clock tower is unreachable.
Day 1 patch is our only hope.
1052700612_Screenshot2019-01-07at11_26_11.thumb.png.ef38d122b9a65033bf220eccbe0d33e8.png

A piece of my died when I saw that!

1 hour ago, cyntix said:

There is something that bugs me about a recent twilight town video.

Twilight town area spoiler (Reveal hidden contents)

Apparently the main street that leads to the clock tower is unreachable.
Day 1 patch is our only hope.
1052700612_Screenshot2019-01-07at11_26_11.thumb.png.ef38d122b9a65033bf220eccbe0d33e8.png

I mean, it's still a big world. It might just be because there's no reason for us to go there gameplay wise. The mysterious tower train might go from the other stop

Edited by Kittenz

Just now, Kittenz said:

I mean, it's still a big world. It might just be because there's no reason for us to go there gameplay wise.

Spoiler

It goes from the main street to the mansion. I mean, Twilight Town has so much potential in hd. The clock tower is where all the view is and it is what makes the world feel alive. So yes, it will be in cutscenes, but why on earth can't we run in the streets we used to know in 2?
But there might be some gameplay there and we should not judge the game before its release so I will wait and see.

1 minute ago, cyntix said:

twilight town (Hide contents)

It goes from the main street to the mansion. I mean, Twilight Town has so much potential in hd. The clock tower is where all the view is and it is what makes the world feel alive. So yes, it will be in cutscenes, but why on earth can't we run in the streets we used to know in 2?
But there might be some gameplay there and we should not judge the game before its release so I will wait and see.

Spoiler

Oh, nvm I hadn't seen the topics on it yet. Yeah, I think it's still to early to judge it when the leaker doesn't technically have the full game. 

5 minutes ago, Kittenz said:
  Hide contents

Oh, nvm I hadn't seen the topics on it yet. Yeah, I think it's still to early to judge it when the leaker doesn't technically have the full game. 

Dont expect any bigger Twilight Town after the 1st day patch if that what you're saying. 

3 minutes ago, Connected said:

Dont expect any bigger Twilight Town after the 1st day patch if that what you're saying. 

No, I'm not really, but at the same time we don't what the patch contains. 

3 minutes ago, Kittenz said:

No, I'm not really, but at the same time we don't what the patch contains. 

The game's epilogue and Secret movie. So the cutscenes at the end.

5 minutes ago, Connected said:

The game's epilogue and Secret movie. So the cutscenes at the end.

Yes, but I think it will be more than that. There is more space for the game on the console than on the disc, and they said they were having file space issues trying to fit everything onto the disc. Which is actually becoming a growing problem with games. At the very least, It will probably also contain bugfixes 

Just now, Kittenz said:

Yes, but I think it will be more than that. There is more space for the game on the console than on the disc, and they said they were having file space issues trying to fit everything onto the disc. Which is actually becoming a growing problem with games. At the very least, It will probably also contain bugfixes 

Most likely there will be difficulty settings adjustments like in 0.2 and some controls improvements. But I still hope for secret bosses and maybe side quests. It is possible that the game on disc is the bare minimum story and the rest comes as patch. I hate to mention FFXV, but that's what happened and the game is pretty solid right now.

1 minute ago, Kittenz said:

Hmm I dont think 40gb is a lot. Red Dead Redemption 2 has the size of 100 gb. Sure they use two disks but still 40gb doesn't sound a lot to me. 

Just now, Connected said:

Hmm I dont think 40gb is a lot. Red Dead Redemption 2 has the size of 100 gb. Sure they use two disks but still 40gb doesn't sound a lot to me. 

True, I'm just trying to be optimistic, really :/ I'm trying to think of reasons so I don't lose too much hope lol

1 minute ago, Kittenz said:

True, I'm just trying to be optimistic, really :/ I'm trying to think of reasons so I don't lose too much hope lol

What is pretty much certain is that what used to be final mix extra content will come as DLC.
My worry is that they put all of the effort in Disney Worlds and original worlds would be expanded in the future DLC.

17 minutes ago, cyntix said:

What is pretty much certain is that what used to be final mix extra content will come as DLC.
My worry is that they put all of the effort in Disney Worlds and original worlds would be expanded in the future DLC.

Yeah, I can see them releasing Radiant Garden as DLC, sadly. 

I'm not expecting much from the day one patch. Just the ending and secret ending.

But I'm sure good DLC will come, either with side quests or secret bosses.

I doubt we'll get new areas. But don't forget, quality>quantity.

Twilight Town doesn't need to be huge as long as the other worlds are. And we already saw they are. Mount Olympus is huuge, way bigger than KH2 Olympus. And the Pirates' world shown was just a Preview has the leaker stated.

And the loading screen is long enough...I guess we wouldn't want to make it longer

I have my own doubts that we'll be getting it. It's better to not expect too much. But I'm not negative. The game may not have seem what we expected, but it still seems great. Judging by what I have seen, I can easily say that it *almost* catches up to KH2FM. It just needs more replay value either by adding more quests, bosses, etc as DLC

And the FM versions add much more than that. KH2FM added the Cavern Location, 13 Data Bosses, Lingering Will, Mushrooms...I think it was a lot for KH3 to have it in DLC. But let's wait and see. I'm already happy by what we are expected to have, and will be happier with everything else. And will pay any DLC for it.

Edited by VocaloidLover13

I am..... Super disappointed. How is Kingdom Hearts 3, less interesting than Kingdom Hearts 2? A game that had terrible level design. Yeah the Disney worlds look great. And so what if there's only 8, I'm fine with that too.

People are here saying that oh we shouldn't be negative, and we shouldn't have hyped, and we shouldn't have been expecting anything.

Excuse me?! Of course we should have expected things from KH3! How else could we hold square to account!? And my expectations were two very small things. Things that I completely took for granted apparently. How is Twilight Town smaller in KH3 than it is in Days, a Nintendo DS game!? I didn't even realise that this was supposed to be an unreachable expectation.

Why are there no Final Fantasy characters? More importantly why is there no Radiant Garden?! This all screams to me that the dev team just wanted to perfect the Disney worlds and end the plot, original worlds *be* damned.

It was on them to put it in the game. And don't give me any of that, "there's enough going on in the plot". Bullshit. The plot is, Xehanort finds 13 people. We find 7 people. Then we fight. That's it.

There is more than enough space in there to incorporate the FF characters side plots, which wouldn't even detract from the story. The fact that Nomura apparently couldn't think of even one reason to keep radiant garden playable? That speaks more to his abilities as a writer than a lack of presence in the FF characters importance. Was all of this for nothing?

I'm still going to enjoy the game, but if square expect me to pay for FF, tournaments and anything else that came as standard in previous games then I hope to God you'll all join me in the boycott because we deserved better than a half-arsed twilight town.

20 minutes ago, Potato head harvey said:

If there isn't a day one patch fixing all or most of this, or at least an announcement of a patch to come, then what a way to disappoint the fans.

There isn't going to be, and that's because there's too many fans out there who lap up anything KH like it's the best dessert they've ever had.

And anyone who complains gets shouted down into the abyss.

Just do a quick google search "no ff in KH3" and click on any results you'll see a ton of people that expect FF to be present because not only were we never told otherwise we were also lead to believe that they would be making appearances.

Truly, a masterclass from Square on how to deceive a fanbase. Just look at this:

Q: Until now only a lot of Disney characters had showed up- Will there be any appearance of new ‘Final Fantasy’ characters?

Nomura: About the characters that have not showed up in the trailer, for now I cannot answer... The characters from ‘Final Fantasy’ require special care, as the characters are very unique. Hence it is difficult to portray how FF characters will communicate with the other characters in the game. However, please look forward to how the FF characters show up in the game.

IF YOU KNEW THEY WEREN'T BEING ADDED THEN WHY DID YOU SAY THIS?

The possibility of FF characters not being in KH 3 is a legit concern to a lot of people. Sure, they weren't that important to most of the game's plot overall and, sure, there's a lot of original characters that they'd rather focus on. If they had trouble writing character interactions between some of the original characters and the FF characters, Square could've just as easily let Sora, Donald, and Goofy visit the Final Fantasy characters alone and moved on afterward. FF characters in KH have never stolen the show from any of the main characters because they were more like cool little cameos with a bit of story to them. It's also not negative to not believe a mere day 1 patch could fix all of KH3's future problems such as the possible lack of secret bosses and post-game content. I'm pretty sure most day 1 patches don't come with secret game bosses and such. If the FF characters weren't that important, if the base game doesn't have any secret bosses, and if they decide to do DLC  (keyword being "if" for all of this), at least make stuff like this free or low-priced. Even if this leaker technically did play an incomplete game, what are the chances of the day 1 patch even having all of that in it besides the epilogue, secret ending, and some bug fixes? If I'm wrong on all or most of this, then may Zeus strike me with a lightning bolt. 

Edited by ITzDarthLordRevan

38 minutes ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

The possibility of FF characters not being in KH 3 is a legit concern to a lot of people. Sure, they weren't that important to most of the game's plot overall and, sure, there's a lot of original characters that they'd rather focus on. If they had trouble writing character interactions between some of the original characters and the FF characters, Square could've just as easily let Sora, Donald, and Goofy visit the Final Fantasy characters alone and moved on afterward. FF characters in KH have never stolen the show from any of the main characters because they were more like cool little cameos with a bit of story to them. It's also not negative to not believe a mere day 1 patch could fix all of KH3's future problems such as the possible lack of secret bosses and post-game content. I'm pretty sure most day 1 patches don't come with secret game bosses and such. If the FF characters weren't that important, if the base game doesn't have any secret bosses, and if they decide to do DLC  (keyword being "if" for all of this), at least make stuff like this free or low-priced. Even if this leaker technically did play an incomplete game, what are the chances of the day 1 patch even having all of that in it besides the epilogue, secret ending, and some bug fixes? If I'm wrong on all or most of this, then may Zeus strike me with a lightning bolt. 

I agree, but I think they said in the interview that they removed a secret boss, due to it being a spoiler that they didn't want getting out, like the secret ending? I'm probably wrong but I thought I read that somewhere. 

7 hours ago, 2 quid is good said:

There isn't going to be, and that's because there's too many fans out there who lap up anything KH like it's the best dessert they've ever had.

And anyone who complains gets shouted down into the abyss.

Just do a quick google search "no ff in KH3" and click on any results you'll see a ton of people that expect FF to be present because not only were we never told otherwise we were also lead to believe that they would be making appearances.

Truly, a masterclass from Square on how to deceive a fanbase. Just look at this:

Q: Until now only a lot of Disney characters had showed up- Will there be any appearance of new ‘Final Fantasy’ characters?

Nomura: About the characters that have not showed up in the trailer, for now I cannot answer... The characters from ‘Final Fantasy’ require special care, as the characters are very unique. Hence it is difficult to portray how FF characters will communicate with the other characters in the game. However, please look forward to how the FF characters show up in the game.

IF YOU KNEW THEY WEREN'T BEING ADDED THEN WHY DID YOU SAY THIS?

We need one of these with Nomura now. 

Edited by Kittenz
I'm joking. He's not nearly as bad as this

6 hours ago, Potato head harvey said:

If there isn't a day one patch fixing all or most of this, or at least an announcement of a patch to come, then what a way to disappoint the fans.

Dont't expect more then the ending after the credits and the secret ending. 

I never played a final fantasy game, yet i'm sad there won't be more then 3(?) characters in it. Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden was my favorite world in KH2 because I enjoyed the story and the characters so much!

2 hours ago, 2 quid is good said:

You disregarded everything I wrote

>why is KH3 TT smaller

Because quality>quantity and the other worlds make up for this

>no ff characters

They were a good part of KH but you know, Nomura's the one to decide if he'll use the characters, not us; And I don't mind his decision.

And look at how you're exaggerating. You mentioned one review in particular, while there were others where Nomura is less opthimistic about the inclusion o FF. 

>small resume

Yee, I got disappointed too. I got mad. I got raged. But I learnt two things: there are haters everywhere, even fan haters, and they're better off be ignored because we don't have the game yet to judge it

This KH3 looks interesting, and don't forget that it's their first time with the engine! The graphics look stunning, the gameplay looks great, better than kh2, and there are things that got scrapped out because if storage capacity issues.

I understand you were expecting only little things in particular. Buut, if they are that "little",then why they would make you be so raged to SE? All other things in-game most certainly will make up for it.

Oh, and before you jump into conclusions, KH2FM is still the best for me because of the replay value. But we don't know what Nomura will have up his sleeve for KH3.

I'n not being opthimistic. I'm trying to express how I don't truly find a mean to be negative yet. And I've read your first two comments, so if I missed something I'm sorry

Edited by VocaloidLover13