Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
cyntix

About first leaker review and potential future reviews

Spoiler

The first leaker review has been made and he gave the game something like a 7/10.
The person says that he is a KH fan and is pretty coherent in the way he talks about the serie so he probably knows the lore and everything.
I read all his tweet. The guy is surprisingly not willing to give any spoiler, which is honorable.

Here is what we have to remember:

• The game has very low replayability (no coliseum, no secret boss)
  • The game is amazing until near the ending where something happened that displeased him
  • He saw the ending, but the epilogue and secret ending is not on the disc

From what a lot of people say that we have to lower our expectations for kh3.

However is it really a surprise?
I would say no it is not. We are biased because we remember the final mix version of the previous games.

It started to grow on me when I saw the artwork on the main screen of the game: Sora with a paopu fruit looking the sea from behind. We all saw a progression with the title screen from KH1 and KH2. But this progression does not consider the artworks of KH1FM and KH2FM that are different. For me this was a clue that we should compare KH3 with the non final mix version of the previous games.

KH1:
Has zero optional boss in japanese. Ice giant, Kurt Zisa, phantom and sephiroth were added for US/Europe only, because they already had final mix in mind.
Only side quest: ultima and coliseum hades cup.

KH2:
Has only sephiroth as an optional boss.
Side quests are low: ultima and coliseum hades paradox cup.

BBS:
Has zero optional boss in japanese. Unknown has been added for the US/Europe only, because they already had final mix in mind.

KH3:
Has zero optional boss (maybe day one patch will fix this)
Side quests are low: ultima mostly

So considering this pattern, this is not too much concerning. Non final mix versions of the game have always proposed a solid main story without too many side quests available.

Now we can start speculating on what will come when they will announce a final mix patch.
I am pretty sure that there won't be any new disney world. Final mix versions always increased the main story without touching to disney, so what will most likely happen is that we might get:
- New original worlds with side quests (I am thinking of restored radiant garden, the world that never was, castle oblivion or daybreak town)
- Optional bosses that hints the future of the story
- A ton of side quests

So my advice is to not freak out. It is the exact same pattern as we have always been used to. The KH3 we will play in January is the first version of the game, without the tons of content we are expecting from the previous final mix versions. It will be a good game and then, during the year, they will announce the final mix dlc that will turn this good game into an excellent one.

Just wanna add that KH1 also had trinity marks and dalmations, while BBS Japanese had Vanitas Remnant and Mirage Arena.

But yeah, I do agree that we shouldn’t compare KH3 with the Final Mixes.

The lack of side playability such as tournaments etc does seem a little disappointing but i'd wager a secret boss comes through day 1 patch because I think it counts as future game spoilers so i'm not completely befuddled.

15 minutes ago, DemyxIsBest said:

The lack of side playability such as tournaments etc does seem a little disappointing but I'd wager a secret boss comes through day 1 patch because I think it counts as future game spoilers so I'm not completely befuddled.

That's likely, we'll likely get a lot of patches to KH3.  What those patches are?  I don't know.

1 minute ago, ienzo628 said:

That's likely, we'll likely get a lot of patches to KH3.  What those patches are?  I don't know.

I think there needs to be a lot of balancing and a toggle for the wall indicator, some of the things didn't make sense when the guy was playing. He was on Proud mode and from gameplay looked like garbage yet he only died 4 times. Furthermore, he was only level 40 when he beat the game yet his health bar is literally the largest i've ever seen in any KH game.

1 minute ago, DemyxIsBest said:

I think there needs to be a lot of balancing and a toggle for the wall indicator, some of the things didn't make sense when the guy was playing. He was on Proud mode and from gameplay looked like garbage yet he only died 4 times. Furthermore, he was only level 40 when he beat the game yet his health bar is literally the largest i've ever seen in any KH game.

Maybe it was a glitch or something.

1 minute ago, ienzo628 said:

Maybe it was a glitch or something.

Perhaps, it's annoying cause the game is gold yet clearly from reports there's going to be a fairly hefty Day 1 patch so it's unfair to judge a technically unfinished product, yet I guess people are so desperate that they are doing anyway. It is what it is I suppose.

1 minute ago, DemyxIsBest said:

Perhaps, it's annoying cause the game is gold yet clearly from reports there's going to be a fairly hefty Day 1 patch so it's unfair to judge a technically unfinished product, yet I guess people are so desperate that they are doing anyway. It is what it is I suppose.

It just seems kind of unfair.  I hope the day patch fixes all of this errors.

5 minutes ago, ienzo628 said:

It just seems kind of unfair.  I hope the day patch fixes all of this errors.

Is it possible that the stolen copies where special versions for press release? Like it would be a version 0.9.0 instead of 1.0.0 with a lot of changes to make the game easier to review?
And then the versions in store are 1.0.0 and the day one patch is 1.0.1?

2 minutes ago, cyntix said:

Is it possible that the stolen copies where special versions for press release? Like it would be a version 0.9.0 instead of 1.0.0 with a lot of changes to make the game easier to review?
And then the versions in store are 1.0.0 and the day one patch is 1.0.1?

I guess, though I can't see why Nomura would change much if he didn't know there were stolen KH3 games.  Would we still have the same games had the stolen games not have been leaked?

3 minutes ago, ienzo628 said:

I guess, though I can't see why Nomura would change much if he didn't know there were stolen KH3 games.  Would we still have the same games had the stolen games not have been leaked?

It could also be that the game was more than 50go. So they just removed optional stuff to keep the bare minimum. And patch day-one will be massive.

I mean all we can really do is wait but I know the more this leaker says the more restless and anxious the fanbase will get so I do feel sorry for Square and Nomura they can't win here.

Edited by DemyxIsBest

Some of my favourite games of all time have either none or very little post game content. What do you want? Bases to clear wave after wave of heartless? Radio towers to activate? The secret ending isn't even on the disc yet and you can bet unlocking that will involve more than simply finishing the game so that's a good sign. I'm not worried tbh.

I really don't believe this leaker. Why he may have beat KH3 already (if he even got the copy from the person who stole it that fast) than his words from how you are describing are a bit shaky. Also, Noruma says that every world will have a mini-game. So he must mean that the mini game in every world sucks or something.  I just take every leak with a pinch of salt. Leakers do this stuff because they know that it gets the whole community going,

(Also, we have seen mini -games in the tangled world, the pirate world with those ice cream heartless and such. The game looks like it will have more side content than KH2 or just as much. 

Edited by Evol