Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
SweetYetSalty

Guilty Pleasures in Kingdom Hearts Series?

I thought this could be a fun little topic. But what are some of your guilty pleasures in playing any of the Kingdom Hearts games? Like you know they are bad or badly designed but you enjoy them anyway? I have a few XD

The Antlion boss fight in 358/2 Days. I know, I know. It's blasphemy to like any of the bosses in Days, but for some reason I really love the Antlion boss. It starts off so casual and boring, but then you can goad it into ramming it's head into a brick wall. I also love guarding it's spinning tornado attack for some reason. I'm weird.

Bully Dog boss fight in 358/2 Days. I'm two for two now. The game is at fault for not telling you to pack magic for this mission since you can't use the Keyblade, but if you know about it beforehand it's quite fun. Maybe I'm just bias and love seeing Roxas fight with a stick lol.

Ursula's Revenge in KHII. This song boss battle is so bad and cringe worthy that I actually grew to love it. The hardest part of this musical is having to push the buttons because I'm too busy laughing at the bad song. I know it's bad but it has a certain charm for me. "Mommy needs you now" lol.

All of Recoded. I actually enjoyed the story of Recoded. I liked Data Sora and hope they can squeeze him in KHIII even if only a cameo. I feel like he want's to save the other Keybladers too. I know it's gotten a lot of flak over the years but I didn't mind it.

So what about you guys? What are your guilty pleasures in Kingdom Hearts? Don't be shy, lol.

9 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

Some people may disagree with this being a guilty pleasure, but i always keep a save file ready just before the 1000 Heartless battle so i can play through it whenever I want. A lot of people feel that segment is badly planned and repetitive (my boyfriend is one of them), but I find it so fun!

I use to do something similar in KHII. I always kept a save file right before the Xaldin battle in Beast Castle. My goals were to battle him without King Mickey coming to my rescue. I think I might even still have it saved on my old PS2 Memory Card.

I guess Gummi ships. They seem to get a lot of hate.

I like designing them, adding features and abilities. I enjoy the KH2 gummi missions, hell even the KH1 ones I don't mind even though the gameplay isn't that great, technically.

So I guess KH1 gummi ship is the guilty pleasure, because KH2 I thought was actually well designed.

32 minutes ago, SweetYetSalty said:

I use to do something similar in KHII. I always kept a save file right before the Xaldin battle in Beast Castle. My goals were to battle him without King Mickey coming to my rescue. I think I might even still have it saved on my old PS2 Memory Card.

I remember Xaldin always made me so mad when I was younger because I found him to be so hard to beat. but then I finally discovered that I'd been failing to notice the "Jump" reaction command. Once I started using that, the subsequent battles became much easier, and even fun!

8 hours ago, Kittenz said:

Xion, because many seem to hate her. Also probably 358/2 days in general. It's one of my favorites, including one of my favorite DS games.

This! Days made me fall in love with Organization XIII, when I was previously neutral towards them in KHII. And while I like to make fun of how weird Xion is, I adore her and her friendship with Roxas and Axel.

Days' biggest flaw was they didn't have a gag reel where all the members are in the meeting room and all look at Xion and each see someone different as she's doing something. The possibilities could have been endless for a good laugh XD

A lot of people have already mentioned what I like a lot about the series, so I'll guess I'll add to that and say, that I actually enjoy Pride Lands and Port Royal a heck of a lot. Sora's so bloody speedy in Pride Lands and I definitely got a lot of satidfaction by beating Scar to a pulp.

i like the bad dialog "why do you have the keyblade" "shut up" pure gold

2 hours ago, 2 quid is good said:

A lot of people have already mentioned what I like a lot about the series, so I'll guess I'll add to that and say, that I actually enjoy Pride Lands and Port Royal a heck of a lot. Sora's so bloody speedy in Pride Lands and I definitely got a lot of satidfaction by beating Scar to a pulp.

lion drifting is the shiznit

I love a lot of the weird moments/lines. Like "Xion, who else can I have ice cream with?" Which in context is really sad but out of context it's like WTF Roxas :P. I did really enjoy Days, even though it does have many flaws. In fact, I do enjoy handheld KH games even though I wish they would stop making it so confusing by adding all these different games to different consoles and have them have major impact on the story. I also love Winnie the Pooh (even though yes the mini games are sometimes really not great, especally in KH1) and I love it when Sora gets really excited about the smallest things and is really happy to meet everyone.