Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Fates Chance XIII

30 Days to KH3 challenge, DAY 31!

I'm on day 12 now. Saddest moments in KH, minus whatever happens in KHIII. So I can't count the KHIII Final Battle trailer that broke my heart. Still I have quite a few for saddest moments.

Terra/Lingering Will bowing down and promising Aqua and Ven that he'll make it right someday. It's sad because Terra sounded so defeated when he made the promise. Like he was trying to tell himself he'd make it right. Such a depressing moment to see such a strong warrior in mess like this.

Aqua being lost in darkness. I think that explains itself. Her first job as Keyblade Master and it ends like that.

Roxas being captured by Diz and Riku. It's for the greater good, but it still makes me sad seeing Roxas fail to achieve his goal.

Xion being erased from the clocktower. It's even sadder on the original DS version. While Xion's death was depressing, it was her being erased that made me cry for her. And the original DS version is much sadder. No music is played when it happens, they show the clocktower scene with the Seasalt trio twice and in the second she's erased and it really gives the feeling how Roxas couldn't hold on to his friend.

Winnie the Pooh forgets Sora. This might seem like a odd choice but I always remember the look of hurt on Sora's face when Pooh remembers all his friends but Sora. Now obviously you save the best for last, but for some reason I always remember this as one of the sadder moments for Sora. It's weird.

Ansem the Wise's sacrifice. Despite being a jerk for most of KHII, he tried to make up for it and it shows during his ending, in his reports, and in DDD.

There is many more sad moments, but that would make this a even bigger wall of text. KH is chocked full of sad moments and any one of them could be placed as number 1.

Edit: Almost forgot. Sora losing the Keyblade, Donald, and Goofy to Riku. Terribly sad moment for Sora after all he's done on their adventure. Talk about a knife to the back.

Edited by SweetYetSalty

Pretty much the entirety of the Birth by Sleep ending would be my choice for saddest moment. The ending of that game was like a punch to the gut; not a single protagonist came out a winner there. Fingers are crossed that they can be happy at some point in Kingdom Hearts III. 

The moment that still makes me almost cry watching it to this day, despite knowing that they will be reunited, is the KH1 ending. It makes me bawl when Simple and Clean starts. :'(

Another of the saddest moments for me would be the whole ending of Days, and when Xion and Axel fight. Those feel like a gut punch everytime 

Since I've missed my answers since number 4 I will list them to date:

5) Master Form hands down.
6) Young Master Xehanort in DDD
7) Vanitas Sentiment in BBS (Still haven't beat it :()
? La Cite Des Cloches
9) Leon
10) Radiant Garden (BBS)
11) Sora, Donald and Goofy reunite after sleeping... I LOVE THAT PART :D
12) Xion Disappears :'(

Saddest moments:

CoM:

Riku meeting the King in person in CO. That was more bittersweet than sad, but the way he reacts to it avout not being alone anymore just T^T

KH2:

"Lets meet again...in the next life" 

"Yeah, I'll be waiting."

"Silly....just because you have a next life..."

Roxas disappearing to Sora, the line he says about sora being lucky still gets me to this day.

Sora crying when the twilight town gang comes to see him off.

Axel dying. That is the first time a video game ever made me cry.

Seeing them kidnap Roxas and put him in the digital TT. When Riku says, "Poor thing..." you can see the remorse for what he's doing for just a moment. Though it is undercut by him calling roxas a "Thing"

Ansem the wise saying, "Roxas...i doubt you can hear me...but I am sorry" 

Axel and Roxas last good bye on the clock tower.

DAYS:

Axel, Roxas and Xions friendship falling apart.

Axel and Xions confrontation (though this one made the list after i read how it was done in the novel.) "THEY'RE GONNA DESTROY YOU!!"

Axels point of view in the novel really. You feel the conflict in him a lot more of what to do and how desperate he is to save both his friends, and coming to accept that he can only save one.

Xions death in Days, I cried. 

BBS:

Ummm....i know I'm in the minority here but BBS didnt resonate with me as sad as the other games. There were sad moments, but nothing that made this list.

3Ds:

Sora meeting Xion and Roxas

Riku meeting Xion, Roxas and Ven and being asked those questions.

Coded:

Data sora being confronted with Data Roxas. 

will do from 6) cause i've missed a few:

6) Favourite Boss: Xemnas in KH1 (Final Mix)

7) Hardest Boss: Lingering Sentiment BBS - honestly that fight is actually borderline...

8] Halloween Town in KH2

9) Sephiroth

10) Twilight Town

11) Reuniting with Kairi at the end of KH2

12) When Roxas said 'Looks like my summer vacation is over' at the beginning of KH2, that was actually messed up

Day 12 - Saddest moment for me would be Master Eraqus's demise. :( The fact that Terra only wanted to prove himself capable of being a strong keyblade master to make not only Eraqus proud, but also himself. Only to end up fighting his honored master in a fight that should have never happened & then suddenly have his master struck down by a cheap shot from behind by Xehanort makes me sad as hell. :'( Terra never wanted this! He only wanted Eraqus to see he was a strong & capable keyblade master that would make the both of 'em proud! :'(    

Day 12: The ending of Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days. Everything started to become sad and emotional when the friendship between Roxas, Xion, and Axel started to drift apart. Xion left to go back to Sora, Axel trying to save Xion by bringing her back so she won't be destroyed, Axel keeping secrets from Roxas about Xion's origins and the connection between Xion and Roxas, Roxas being pissed off at the Organization of how they treated Xion and using him for their own goal, Roxas accusing Axel for not being his best friend after everything has happen, Roxas being emotional and confused about how he's not his own person, Xion forcing Roxas to fight her so he can live, Roxas last moment with Xion before she dies, and Roxas losing both his best friends. Of course the other Kingdom Hearts games had their own sad moments but for me 358/2 Days is the saddest of all of them. One the reason is because in my opinion, Roxas, Xion, and Axel's friendship was the most develop than all the other Trio. While I do love Destiny Trio (Sora, Riku, and Kairi), Wayfinder Trio (Terra, Ventus, and Aqua), and Disney Trio (Mickey, Donald, and Goofy). But for me the Sea Salt Trio had the most friendship development because the game actually show more depth of their relationship. Plus, I grew and love them while I was playing 358/2 Days. Their fates was one of the most saddest moments for me.

Edited by Movies798

5 hours ago, Movies798 said:

Day 12: The ending of Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days. Everything started to become sad and emotional when the friendship between Roxas, Xion, and Axel started to drift apart. Xion left to go back to Sora, Axel trying to save Xion by bringing her back so she won't be destroyed, Axel keeping secrets from Roxas about Xion's origins and the connection between Xion and Roxas, Roxas being pissed off at the Organization of how they treated Xion and using him for their own goal, Roxas accusing Axel for not being his best friend after everything has happen, Roxas being emotional and confused about how he's not his own person, Xion forcing Roxas to fight her so he can live, Roxas last moment with Xion before she dies, and Roxas losing both his best friends. Of course the other Kingdom Hearts games had their own sad moments but for me 358/2 Days is the saddest of all of them. One the reason is because in my opinion, Roxas, Xion, and Axel's friendship was the most develop than all the other Trio. While I do love Destiny Trio (Sora, Riku, and Kairi), Wayfinder Trio (Terra, Ventus, and Aqua), and Disney Trio (Mickey, Donald, and Goofy). But for me the Sea Salt Trio had the most friendship development because the game actually show more depth of their relationship. Plus, I grew and love them while I was playing 358/2 Days. Their fates was one of the most saddest moments for me.

I agree. Even though the pacong was slow and dragged at times, that game really gave the friendship of those three and their relationship the time it deserved to develop. You saw that trio become a trio. Saw their trials, fights, make ups, betrayals and everything build up until finally they just fell apart.

The scene when Roxas confronts Axel at the end and demands answers and Axel refuses saying Roxas just needs to trust him, and Roxas saying, "I dont, I can't" was one of the biggest gut punches of the entire game! It was the culmination of everything finally just imploding on itself. The final nail in the coffin, the last straw.

Days feels like it earned it's sad moments really well. 

And after playing that then going to BBS, I just didnt feel the same thing from the Wayfinder trio. We just start the game with them talking about how they're best friends and then conflict and they are having hard times.

Their relationship didnt feel as close before all the drama happened. I feel like if it had had a slower start, to establish their relationship the story would've been way more impactful for me.

Spend a couple days before the exam establishing their dynamic and relationship as a trio. I dont dislike BBS, but seeing the missed opportunity in it frustrates me just a little.

Day 13! Favorite Nobody that is not a Organization member. The Dusk! I mainly blame this choice on the manga! The Dusk are brimming with personality. They scribble on Roxas's face while he's asleep, one gained a crush on Xion, Kairi learned to speak their "language" they always seem to have funny moments. The Manga made the Dusk awesome.

Gamewise the Samurai. Cool design, and they are controlled by my boi, Roxas!