Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Fates Chance XIII

30 Days to KH3 challenge, DAY 31!

Day 27: KH2 has really amazing gameplay and while the reaction commands always get a lot of flak I still really enjoy them and the excitement they add to the gameplay.

Day 28:

This is hard for me because I know I have a lot but I'm bad at remembering them off the top of my head (really ought to write them all down sometime.)

"Roxas...alright! Fight, fight, fight!" 

"It's me! You know...Axel"

"IM SO FLATTERED!"

Axel: "See there's this thing about chests. They have stuff in them"

Roxas: "So I should open the chest?"

Axel: "Yes that is generally what we do"

"I cant tell you all my dark secrets!"

"Me? Sleep. And when I'm done with that, roll over and sleep some more"

"I'd nap six times a day if they'd let me"

Xion: "Did you guys go some where with out me?"

Roxas: "Axel went somewhere...He went to sleep!"

ATW: "Roxas...I doubt you can hear me...but I am sorry"

Sora... You're lucky. Looks like my summer vacation is... over.

Saix: "We dont accept resignations"

" THEY'RE GONNA DETROY YOU!!" 

"Roxas...I'm out of time."

Axel: "Look who's finally awake....or maybe I'm wrong...maybe it's time to sleep..."

"But it's okay if things change and we cant meet up here. As long as we keep each othin our thoughts none of us will ever be apart."

There are a lot of lines I love from this series XD

Day 29: I don't have Kingdom Hearts 3 yet but so far I love every Cinematic Openings in the Kingdom Hearts series. But my number one favorite opening is definitely Dream Drop Distance! Mainly because I love seeing Sora, Riku, Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Roxas, Aqua, Terra, and Ventus joining together when they're confronting Master Xehanort in the end. That opening still hypes me up!

Day 28 - Here are some of me fav Quotes :)

"And there is darkness, within every heart." - Leon. (KH1)

"The Keyblade has chosen him. Will it be he who conquers the darkness? Or will the darkness swallow him? Either way, he could be quite useful..." - Maleficent (KH1)

"Don't ever forget. Wherever you go, I'm always with you." - Kairi (KH1)

"That's not true! The heart may be weak. And sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!" - Sora (KH1)

"I can keep the hurt because it reminds me of something important. It lets me know that what I've forgotten is crucial. That's enough. I won't run from it. It'll stay inside of my heart, until the day I remember. If I put the hurt aside, I'll lose my ties to all the people I care about. My mind's made up. I may end up falling into the darkness, but I'll carry this with me. I'll only get rid of it when I remember everything, and not a day sooner than that. I'll keep the hurt with me for the time being. It's all that I have. It's what holds the pieces in place. I accept that." - Data Sora (CODED) 

"I'm not going to break the toy. I'm not dumb." - Larxene (COM)

"Because who will I look after if I don't have Namine? So just do it! Erase my memories. Destroy my heart. I promised! I'll always protect you! You have to believe me!" - Sora (COM)  

"What can you possibly think I ever had? Both my body & my heart are fake. But... there is one memory I'll keep... even if it's just a lie! Whether it was a phantom promise or not... I will protect Namine!" - Replica Riku (COM)

"Okay... have it your way. More pain for you means more fun for me!" - Larxene (COM) 

"Hey, Roxas. Bet you don't know why the sun sets red. You see, light is made up of lots of colors. And out of all those colors, red is the one that travels the farthest." - Axel (DAYS)

"Get it memorized, alright? We are best friends." - Axel (DAYS)

"I wanted to see Roxas. He... was the only one I liked... he made me feel... like I had a heart. It's kind of... funny... you make me feel... the same..." - Axel (KH2)

"You make a good other." - Roxas (KH2)

'Well, I doubt we can be together forever. But isn't that what growing up's all about? What's important isn't how often we see each other, but how often we think about each other. Right?" - Hayner (KH2)

"Hypocrite. You are the one who has made your heart a prison... even if you are not the prisoner." - Young Xehanort & Vanitas (DDD)

"It's still my heart. You think you can just come in & take over? I'm not gonna sit by & let that happen." - Terra (BBS)

"I'm not afraid of what the darkness holds now. Even if you do wrest control of my heart from me... even if you cast me into the deepest, darkest abyss... you'll never sway me from the one cause that pushes me to keep on fighting. Whatever the cost, I'm ready to pay it." - Terra (BBS) 

Edited by The Unversed

Missed a day.

Every line in Olympus Colosseum in KH2!

"Get on the hydra's back"

"Feel the heat"

*Neighs, urging you to Colosseum* xD

But in all seriousness though, it's kinda hard to pick. So I guess I'll go with Axel's "Got it memorized?" It's memorable and it should be the catchphrase of the series.

I love most of the cinematic openings but I guess me two favorites (so far) are Kingdom Hearts 2 and Dream Drop Distance. I have a lot of nostalgia for the Kingdom Hearts 2 opening and Dream Drop Distance is just perfect.

Day 29, Favorite opening. Dream Drop Distance followed by Kingdom Hearts 2. Though from what I've seen on the KH3 opening trailer, I suspect this one will replace DDD as my favorite once I see the full thing.

Edited by SweetYetSalty

I'll post everything now since tomorrow I'll disappear from earth's radars :)

28) Favorite Quote: "Although my heart may be weak, it's not alone. It's grown with each new experience, and it's found a home with all the friends I've made. I've become a part of their heart just as they've become a part of mine, and if they think of me now and then, if they don't forget me, then our hearts will be one. I don't need a weapon, MY FRIENDS ARE MY POWER".

29) Favorite Opening Cinematic: Dream Drop Distance... by FAR.

30) Favorite Character Overall: Sora. I identify myself a lot with him and his naive yet cheerful and positive way to look at life it's amazing and something many people should try. I know I do and I always have the best days :D

Mentioned this in another thread, but II has my favorite opening due to "Sanctuary" and the visuals. DDD is also pretty good.

Favorite character is Roxas. He's probably one of the most complex and well-written characters in the series, plus there's the nostalgia for II factor and him having "The Other Promise" as a boss theme.

Edited by Karxrida

Day 29:

Definitely KH2. Even now watching it it just gets me pumped! Something about the music and how the video is paced to it just gets me so excited every time. My favorite part of it is when Sora turns to face Marluxia and the whole CO battle scenes with Riku battling and its just so- Aaaahhhh!!

I also like 3Ds though on the DS. I love how the incorporated the dual screens into the opening it was very cool

Edited by Fates Chance XIII

Day 29

Favourite opening cinematic. Gotta be Birth by Sleep's. I love everything about that opening. I find that it has so much more symbolism than the other ones and I will never forget the renewed sense of wonder and mystery that I felt when I fist watched it. It brought be back to the first time I saw the KH1 opening, when I was new to everything I was seeing. 

Day 30

Favourite character overall. Axel. It always has been, and always will be Axel. I loved this character right from the second I first saw him in KH: CoM on the GBA. I love his design, I love his personality, and I love his involvement in the series as a whole. Of all the characters, I feel that Axel is among the ones who has come the farthest, shown when he demonstrated his immense capacity for emotion as well as showed his fierce loyalty to his friends. I'm so excited to see where else they will take this character in future entries. I'm personally hoping for an entry where he is one of the main playable characters.

Day 30, favorite character. My boi Roxas! It's funny, I actually didn't like Roxas very much at all the first time I played KH2. Then I slowly warmed up to him over time and when 358/2 Feels came out he became my favorite character in the series.

Roxas embodies the same "my friends are my power" thing that Sora has but it's shown in a different way. He doesn't announce it, it's shown through his friendships. Be it Axel and Xion or Hayner, Pence, and Olette. Roxas is also confident in himself. He didn't care about being a Nobody or even getting a heart. He just wants to spend time with those he cares about and doesn't feel he needs a heart to have that. His loyalty to his friends keeps him going. He'll stand up to his superiors to defend what he cares about and was willing to fight Xemnas over a friend he couldn't remember just to save her. Despite learning that the Twilight Town trio were fakes he still made emotional connections with them. Just seeing the evolution of his character has been a treat. This is why I wasn't shocked at the "Nobodies can grow hearts" reveal. Roxas's story already showed me they can. Also Roxas is a amazing Keyblade wielder and the first dual wielder.

I could go on about why I love Roxas, but this has gone long enough. I hope he can reunite with all his friends and they can eat all the ice cream they want together in KH3.

My title and signature says it all, while my avatar says differently. Xion is my favorite character, hands down. I have never felt more connected to a character in any medium ever. Her story is one that ends in tragedy, but I have hopes for her in KH3. She’s a character I always felt deserved a happy ending, someone who struggles and does everything she can to triumph, only to give in to her fate at the end for the greater good.

The missing number is forgotten, for now, but is never truly gone.

My favorite characters always seem to change, but the one that has constantly been my favorite is Sora. He's just a breath of fresh air. And he blends in well with both the Disney and the Final Fantasy/original environments. He does not seem out of place. He might not be the most complex character of the lot but I think he's more complex than people give him credit for. You don't need to be a "angsty" character to be good (which there is nothing wrong with angsty characters and I enjoy quite a few of them myself but I think there is sometimes an overreliance of them and it does not make a character automatically good). Overall I don't really hate any character in KH. At least any I can think of.

My favorite characters have always been Axel and Roxas, though over time Axel has eclipsed Roxas to hold the top spot.

Ontop of liking their personalities I always found them to be the most deep and compelling characters due to how much they go through and change  and act as the story progresses.

Roxas frustration and anger at how he has been treated, his despair at his friendship falling apart due to circumstances outside his control. Axel desperately trying to find a way to keep him and his friends together, agonizing over the right thing to do as he realizes that just wasnt possible. His desperation to get them back.

And this is where Axel starts to eclipse Roxas as I've got older.

I tend to like the most characters I relate to the most and as time has gone on I relate to Axel a lot more rather than just liking him for his story.

Struggling with wanting things to stay how they are when they cant because of things outside anyones control or cirvumstance or even just others choices and feeling the consequences of that flaw in myself. Wanting desperately to bring back people I cared about and lost.(Though his story will probably have a better outcome than mine on that front!) And to that end struggling with taking that advice that "It's okay if things change....so long as we keep each other in our thoughts we'll never be apart." 

I feel like he's someone I'd very much like to be friends with if he were real. His personality and sense of humor, his smart alek nature (very similar to my own) that sometimes borders on dorkyness XD

I hope KH3 is not the last we see of him.

Day 29 - Me fav opening intro is the BBS intro! Gotta love those battle scenes vsing Xehanort in the war & the way Terra was running from the darkness trying to consume him while also having Ventus running from the oblivion of light trying to erase his heart was pretty cool too. Then there's Vanitas doing Riku's reaching out hand moment to Ventus & Sora & Riku's keyblades shattering Ven's heart station were interesting. So ya, BBS intro is awesome! :D    

Day 30 - Me fav character out of all KH characters is... Terra! yep, Terra. Back near the start of the game's series I would have said it was Sora, as a kid growing into me teen years I was very similar to Sora's personality & always saw him as the character I could connect with best, but as I got older & when BBS released that all changed.

As I played BBS I found myself having more in common with Terra than I ever did with Sora, ya see I decided I wanted to be strong at some point during me teen years & so I trained hard to be just that in many areas, not just physically. This is something me & Terra both share since Terra also trains hard to be strong & we both want the strength to be able to achieve what we want in life. I can already say that I've become a strong man in body, mind & will. I admire those like Terra, wanting to be strong & putting the effort into their dreams to make them come true, this is something Terra also believes in too, that dreams can come true if effort is put into them. Which is another thing I have in common with him. Master Eraqus never really noticed just how strong Terra was & I believe Terra does have the potential to be a great keyblade master, but not the kind of master Eraqus thought.

Xehanort will never defeat Terra! >:) His to strong to be taken down by an old crazy man!

Day 31 - I've only played a bit but, this game is... INCREDIBLE!!! haha XD  

Edited by The Unversed

Day 30

My favourite character is of course Ansem. I like that he represents the fanatical aspect of Xehanort's character. Loved him in KH1 especially, with Billy Zane's voice. And he's responsible for many KH memes. DARKNESS

Day 31

Here's a picture of the game cause I'm not gonna take a selfie lol

IMG_20190129_123420546.jpg

Day 31! Don't wanna take a selfie so here is my KH3 copy after I first unboxed it!

Thank you everyone for participating in this it has been so much fun!! This thread got over 300 responses and it has just been a blast reading through everyones thoughts everyday! 

I'm really gonna miss it.

Onward to KH3!! EVERYONE HAVE FUN!!

Cant wait to see you all on the other side! 

20190128_193727.jpg

Day 31) I have the game, the graphics are amazing, the music is amazing and I've only played through Olympus and Tilight Town so... I love it already! Wish everyone the best experiences and "May your Heart be Your Guiding Key" - 'til I finish the game. See ya! :D

P.S. Big congrats and thanks to Fates Chance XIII for creating such a fun countdown which helped in the waiting! :D

51088756_10157006713700682_9020210029235535872_n.thumb.jpg.767035d8ae2092e598bf9f4d39d5d061.jpg