Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Fates Chance XIII

30 Days to KH3 challenge, DAY 31!

Day 24, favorite trio? Seasalt Trio. I could write a entire wall of text essay on why I love these three so much, but I'll try and keep it simple. As Movies798 above me said, the game shows their friendship from beginning to end, so at no point does the game have to tell me they are friends. They show me. And while their eating ice cream everyday on the clock tower has become a meme, I adore it so much. I believe these three are best friends and it shows.

And it's just so fascinating because by nature Xion and Roxas should not be friends. Xion was designed to absorb, digest, imitate, and replace Roxas. And they are constantly having a tug of war with the Keyblade, memories, and power. They could have easily been another Ventus/Vanitas, but instead they became best friends willing to risk their own existence for the other without hesitation. The 358/2 Days game might not be the most fun to play but the Seasalt Trio make it worth it every time I do. I've played Days more then I've played KHII at this point.

I can't wait to see them return in KH3, it's probably the number one major highlight for me to play this new game, I will cry if they hug. The other trios are all great as well, and I want to see them reunite too, like the Wayfinder trio.

23) Most Shocking Plot Twist: Organization XIII true goal. For me it was such a twist to learn that the Organization had another purpose to begin with and that a new one was being formed. The fact that KHII endeavors were for NOTHING and that Xehanort would eventually betray these nobodies... outrageous! Maybe that's why Sora's speech at that moment is one of my favorites since KH1's My friends are my power speech.

24) Favorite Trio: This would have to be the BBS trio. Their bond seems a bit more like family than the other trios and having being separated and suffering such horrible fates have made me love them and be in a rush to save them... hence why I'm anxious about KHIII releasing.

6 hours ago, SweetYetSalty said:

Day 24, favorite trio? Seasalt Trio. I could write a entire wall of text essay on why I love these three so much, but I'll try and keep it simple. As Movies798 above me said, the game shows their friendship from beginning to end, so at no point does the game have to tell me they are friends. They show me. And while their eating ice cream everyday on the clock tower has become a meme, I adore it so much. I believe these three are best friends and it shows.

And it's just so fascinating because by nature Xion and Roxas should not be friends. Xion was designed to absorb, digest, imitate, and replace Roxas. And they are constantly having a tug of war with the Keyblade, memories, and power. They could have easily been another Ventus/Vanitas, but instead they became best friends willing to risk their own existence for the other without hesitation. The 358/2 Days game might not be the most fun to play but the Seasalt Trio make it worth it every time I do. I've played Days more then I've played KHII at this point.

I can't wait to see them return in KH3, it's probably the number one major highlight for me to play this new game, I will cry if they hug. The other trios are all great as well, and I want to see them reunite too, like the Wayfinder trio.

Sea salt trio for sure! I love how Days showed them becoming friends and the way they did it just makes you so invested by them end that even though you know everything had to fall apart you're still rooting and hoping and hoping and praying that it doesnt. You BELIEVE that they are close and that they matter to each other because they show it.

Even though Days is slow and the gameplay repetitive at times, the story and characters is where it shines brightest and is what carries it. I love how the game has become more popular over the years exactly for the reason of the characters and all the interactions between them and the ORG members.

I honestly think if they had made this game for the psp like BBS, and found a way to make the missions a bit more varried and interesting (without sacrificing how that repetitiveness helped play a part into Roxas' wanting to leave) this game would have been way better loved. Though I sometimes think the very simple nature of the gameplay and graphics were perhaps what helped them spend more time dedicated to the story during development.

Which i hate to contrast them with with the Wayfinders where in BBS they just come out and SAY they are close friends before showing them separating and their relationship fall apart. The foundation of their relationship isnt as strong in the story and that really affected how I saw them.

Constrasting them even with the Destiny trio who had a very similar situation (3 bffs who very shortly after we meet them get separated) they took the time in KH1 to show us that they were friends and their dynamics. 

TL;DR: Seasalt-Destiny-Wayfinder

Sry about the rant sometimes when this comes up I just get so carried away.

Day 24

Favourite trio. It's a toss-up between the Seasalt trio and the Wayfinder Trio. I guess I slightly favour the Wayfinder Trio just because I find each of them to be so interesting in their own unique way. The members of the Seasalt trio are interesting too (particularly Axel and Roxas), but I've always had issues with Xion. I just don't find her to be as interesting as her companions.

Day 24 - Axel, Xion and Roxas by far. I love the fact that you have these 3 people that aren’t meant to be, but they are. It’s so cool to see these nobodies that “don’t have hearts” to have emotions and pain and feel love and all that Jazz. It’s very poetic actually. Although we spend more time with Sora, Donald and Goofy; I don’t feel the same connection with them as I do Axel, Xion and Roxas.

Day 25, most exciting battle. There's been quite a few. I think Xemnas's final battle in KHII wins it for me. Doesn't get more exciting then that, however there are a few honorable mentions that also I found exciting.

Heat Saber in Days. Mainly because it's the first (and only) time Roxas teams with Axel and Xion on a mission together.

The ending boss fights with Terra, Aqua and Ventus vs old man Xehanort, Braig, and Vanitas. Those end battles were crazy.

Most super bossess like Sephiroth, the Phantom, Kurt Zisa.

Ursula in KH1 because it feels epic fighting a giant.

Maleficent Dragon boss, same as Ursula.

Xaldin, the sheer difficulty made it exciting at the same time. I always challenge myself to not get saved by Micky every time I play.

Day 25

I'm gonna discount bosses because that was done already. So I would say the run up to the Armoured Xemnas boss (slicing through the buildings, destroying the core etc).

Hm...that's so hard!! Cause exciting or: causing strong feelings of enthusiasm and eagerness in (someone)- isn't exactly how I'm feeling during boss battles XD

I'm more determined and focused while I'm battling them. I'm excited in the time leading up to the fight and when I beat them.

So I guess I'd have to go with Xemnas with Riku and Sora in KH2. Because that was my first final boss playing KH and it was the culmination of EVERYTHING in that game and my palms were sweaty, my heart was beating out of my chest it was just like "This is it! It's the end!" And when I finally beat him I almost cheered!

Xaldin is a close 2nd because of just the sheer difficulty of it. I just couldnt beat him. It was the first time i ever threw my controller in frustration after dying! XD And beating him I just jumped up and was so excited that i DID IT! 

Xions fight the first time I played through that game too is one but mostly because I didnt know it was coming. At the time, I just didnt know what was gonna happen, how this was all gonna end. I knew she had to die somehow or have something happen to have her 'go away' but I did NOT expect that fight and just how it kept going and GOING!

And the whole time I just wanted it to end, to be over! Not because I didnt like the fights or they were too hard but because I wanted to see what this all lead to.

This cant be how this ends no way! Was she really gonna die like this?! Were WE really the ones who killed her iN THIS STORY?!?! No...no that cant be how this ends...how could it end this way?! 

And then...well...you all know what happened after T^T

Edited by Fates Chance XIII

Day 25: Man it's tie between the Final battle with Xemnas in Kingdom Hearts 2 and The Anti-Black Coat Nightmare in Dream Drop Distance. Those two battles seriously get me pump up! But if I had to choose one of them than it would have to be the Xemnas Final Battle. Mainly because slicing up the buildings and the laser dome scene!

Day 26, favorite Kingdom Hearts game for it's story? It's story? That's every game I've played thus far. This is a unfair question! I mainly play for the characters anyway!

But if I must give a answer it would probably go like this for story.

1. Kingdom Hearts 1

2. 358/2 Feels

3. Birth By Sleep

4. Chain of Memories

5. Kingdom Hearts 2

6. Dream Drop Distance

7. ReCoded

I haven't fully watched 0.2 yet, so I can't place it anywhere.

Edited by SweetYetSalty

Day 26

Favourite Kingdom Hearts game for its story. Birth by Sleep, no questions asked. I loved how it allowed us to view the series' universe through three brand new sets of eyes, as well as set the stage for the main part of the series. I loved everything about it.

Day 26: So far I've enjoy almost every Kingdom Hearts story there is. Here's my list favorite Kingdom Hearts game for it's story.

1.)Kingdom Hearts 2

2) Dream Drop Distance

3) 358/2 Days

4.) Birth by Sleep

5) 0.2 Birth by Sleep

6.) Chain of Memories

7.) Kingdom Hearts 

8.) Re:Coded - Story is decent but one of the weakest stories in the series.

9.) Unchained x & Union x - Truly the weakest story in the series.