Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
AwesomeKHfan

All this talk from Nomura about what comes after KH3

14 hours ago, AwesomeKHfan said:

Reminds of a rumor back in the beginning of 2018 that he was more focussed on what came after KH3 instead of focussing on KH3 -_-

Wasn't that from an actual staff interview though? I don't remember for sure, and I couldn't find the interview when I looked for it, but I remember reading an interview with some other member of KH's team saying they had that impression.

21 hours ago, AwesomeKHfan said:

Reminds of a rumor back in the beginning of 2018 that he was more focussed on what came after KH3 instead of focussing on KH3 -_-

That really makes me worry about this game. 

4 hours ago, sagman12PC said:

He'll most likely shift gear to fully focusing on FF7R and its corresponding episodic releases. KH won't even be on his mind until the FF7R trilogy is completed

Yeah, that's probably true, unfortunately

I don't think that has anything to do with how much he thought about KH3. At the point the interview was given, a lot of KH3 was already planned and it makes sense to think about the future by then, too.

KHUx is likely setting the stage for what's to come and while I hope that a lot will be a fresh start, he has to take the rest of the games into account as well to avoid too many inconsistencies. When I'm writing stories, I constantly have to think about the future so it feels woven in naturally and not like something I made up while writing just to sell more, so to speak.

I know many series who fell because their creators didn't think about the future in time and hence lost their quality because they couldn't come up with anything fitting or became really inconsistent. There's nothing wrong with coming up with things on the go, this will happen with any work, but Nomura has been saying since forever that KH3 won't be the last of the series and Sora will continue to be the protagonist, so it doesn't surprise me that he will have thought about it extensively, too.

But all of that doesn't mean that less work went into the present project. It's just normal to make plans for the future. I dare say KH3 has been the same way before it was announced. A good part was probably drafted by the time they made DDD.

This franchise is so big that the next title can't be something entirely new where they can do whatever they want. All this material has to be regarded while making a new plot fit into the overall narrative without seeming too alien.

''Hurry up and give us the continuation now! '' 

This quote from the interview really worries me. Feels like he plans on ending the next game in a cliffhanger just so we will want the next one as bad or something.

20 minutes ago, Evol said:

This quote from the interview really worries me. Feels like he plans on ending the next game in a cliffhanger just so we will want the next one as bad or something.

Most likely will be related to the Secret Ending. While DDD's was lackluster, I'm sure KH3's won't be.

13 hours ago, sagman12PC said:

He'll most likely shift gear to fully focusing on FF7R and its corresponding episodic releases. KH won't even be on his mind until the FF7R trilogy is completed

He could multi task or have another team work on the next KH game.

On 1/3/2019 at 2:33 PM, ienzo628 said:

He could multi task or have another team work on the next KH game.

Multitasking would just cause both games to suffer in quality. Probably severely.

Having another, non-Osaka team take the helm could work.

On 1/3/2019 at 10:58 PM, Evol said:

While I can understand that worry, wasn't it similar with most other KH games, too? Even after KH2, which had about the most conclusive ending of the series so far (minus the secret ending), people were yelling for a continuation because they knew there was more to come.

I think the same will happen with KH3. It will likely have an ending that's similarly satisfying as KH2 was but will still hint at more with a secret ending or some small cliffhanger. I really can't imagine it will be anything along the lines of KH1 for example since Nomura also said the game was about resolutions. If there's too much of a cliffhanger that wouldn't really be true.