Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Kittenz

For those who have seen the full opening..

Why do you think Namine is absent? I was kind of surprised that she wasn't in the opening at all. 

I know we're not supposed to discuss shipping or anything, but it seems like Square/Nomura keeps flip-flopping between Roxas/Xion and Roxas/Namine. I say this because both have been implied, for example the credits of 0.2, and the opening with Xion being surrounded by that pink effect, and Namine's absence, makes me feel like they've possibly decided on Roxas/Xion. It doesn't help that Lines/Scenes in days compare R/X to sokai on the same level as II did for R/N

Edit: It worries me because either becoming the "canon ship" would cause a lot of heat in the fandom. I'm probably just getting worried for no reason as either most likely won't happen, but the possibility still has me scared for the fandom.

Edited by Kittenz

Unfortunately Namine has always been a small character in terms of the story. While I was hoping for a bigger role for her, after seeing the opening I doubt it. I don't think it's a shipping thing at all to be honest as I doubt Roxas is ever going to be anything than just a friend to Xion or Namine. 

Her lack of appearance could also be due to the nature of the opening. It was attempting to recap important moments involving Xehanort. Namine hasn't really had any interaction with any of the Xehanorts in the series. 

In the DDD opening which was just trying to recap the series in general, she only apparead for a second or so. She's just the kind of character that is either forced to do things by others (Re:Com) or does things behind the scenes (KH2). She really isn't a character in the forefront nor is she a fighter. 

10 hours ago, Kittenz said:

Why do you think Namine is absent? I was kind of surprised that she wasn't in the opening at all. 

I know we're not supposed to discuss shipping or anything, but it seems like Square/Nomura keeps flip-flopping between Roxas/Xion and Roxas/Namine, and the opening with Xion being surrounded by that pink effect, and Namine's absence, makes me feel like they've decided on Roxas/Xion

Seeing as she is on the front cover of KH3, she is bound to make an appearance, who knows how big her role will be though?

On 1/2/2019 at 5:33 PM, Tyranto Rex said:

Seeing as she is on the front cover of KH3, she is bound to make an appearance, who knows how big her role will be though?

On 1/2/2019 at 9:05 AM, clatter411 said:

Unfortunately Namine has always been a small character in terms of the story. While I was hoping for a bigger role for her, after seeing the opening I doubt it. I don't think it's a shipping thing at all to be honest as I doubt Roxas is ever going to be anything than just a friend to Xion or Namine. 

Her lack of appearance could also be due to the nature of the opening. It was attempting to recap important moments involving Xehanort. Namine hasn't really had any interaction with any of the Xehanorts in the series. 

In the DDD opening which was just trying to recap the series in general, she only apparead for a second or so. She's just the kind of character that is either forced to do things by others (Re:Com) or does things behind the scenes (KH2). She really isn't a character in the forefront nor is she a fighter. 

I was hoping Namine would have a bigger role, as well. Of course she still might have one after all, but I'm not to optimistic here.

It's true that there isn't really a need for her to be in most of the opening, but she still could of been standing with the group at the end? I wonder if Namine doesn't actually get brought back in KH3, and that's saved for a sequel. It would be werid to have her on the cover, then, but I wouldn't put it past the realm of possibility

and yeah, I know I'm probably jumping to conclusions, but I'm worried about the possibility of it happening and what effect that would have in the fandom. Imo, neither should be confirmed. But they deliberately put R/N in the controversial "ship montage" in the 0.2 credits, for example. So I can't help but have suspicions that they will make one the "official pairing". Hopefully, they just keep everyone as friends, but I don't trust square