Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Dagesh Lene

What Does Xehanort Really Want?

We all know that Xehanort intends to forge the χ-blade and start another Keyblade War, but why?  Does he just want to do it out of sheer curiosity, as the cutscenes of Birth by Sleep seem to imply, or does he intend to use the Keyblade War to tear down the tyranny of light and use the powers of Kingdom Hearts to create the Next World, a World equal in light and darkness, around the darkness that creeps back in, as he writes in the Xehanort's Report?  And why was his Heartless trying to open the door to the artificial Kingdom Hearts of Worlds?  Was it really to unleash the great darkness of that Kingdom Hearts, as Ansem the Wise wrote in the Secret Ansem's Report?  If it was, how did that fit into Xehanort's plan?  In addition, Xigbar seems to imply on two separate occasions (once to Zexion and once to Young Xehanort) that no one knows what Xehanort really wants.  Does that mean that there is something else that Xehanort is after that won't be revealed until Kingdom Hearts III?  In an attempt to arrive at an answer to all these questions, I will write down how I think it all connects.

Since the Reports are meant to serve as context to what is going on in the games, I think that what is written in them should be taken more seriously than what is revealed through cutscenes.  Therefore, I believe that Xehanort's true intentions are to start a new Keyblade War in order to tear down the tyranny of light and use the power of Kingdom Hearts to create the Next World, a World equal in light and darkness, around the darkness that creeps back in.  However, since he seems to only mention this in the Xehanort's Report, it's possible that everyone thinks that he just doing this out of sheer curiosity and that he is keeping his true intentions to create the Next World a secret from everyone, but why?  Just doing this out of curiosity seems way worse than create a perfect world.  Because of that, maybe there is something else that he plans to do that he is keeping hidden from everyone that won't be revealed until Kingdom Hearts III.

As for why Ansem is trying to open the door to Kingdom Hearts, I really have no idea anymore.  It's almost as if the most recent games have made the fact that he tried to do that irrelevant, but also are not denying that he did it.  True, Ansem the Wise did say in the Secret Ansem's Report that he was trying to unleash the great darkness of his Kingdom Hearts, but how does that fit into Xehanort's plan?  It doesn't.  I originally thought that Ansem could have been trying to create an artificial Kingdom Hearts for the same reason that Xemnas was: to fill Organization XIII with Xehanort's heart.  However, in the Glossary entry for "Kingdom Hearts" in Dream Drop Distance, it says, "The Kingdom Hearts made from the hearts of worlds had a door that led to the realm of darkness; its depths were never fully charted.  The Kingdom Hearts made from the hearts of people was believed to have the power to recomplete someone whose heart had been lost."  This seems to imply that only the Kingdom Hearts of People was able to fill Organization XIII with Xehanort's heart.  Not only that, but it also seems to imply that there was no purpose to the Kingdom Hearts of Worlds since it tells us the purpose of the Kingdom Hearts of People but not the purpose of the Kingdom Hearts of Worlds.  If there really was no real purpose for creating a Kingdom Hearts of Worlds, why do it?

I think that the best explanation is that Ansem was creating an artificial Kingdom Hearts of Worlds in order to fill Organization XIII with Xehanort's heart, but failed.  After this, Xemnas welcomed Roxas into Organization XIII and began sending him on missions to free the hearts for the artificial Kingdom Hearts of People since Ansem's attempt to make a Kingdom Hearts from the hearts of worlds failed.  The only reason why Yen Sid had no record of the Kingdom Hearts of Worlds' purpose was that it ceased to exist when the Door to Darkness was sealed and the hearts that made it up were set free and restored before its purpose was made known.

That's my best guess anyway.  What do you guys think?  Is there a reason for the Kingdom Hearts of Worlds to exist?  Does Xehanort really intend to create a World that is equal in light and darkness, or does he have something else in mind?

Edited by Dagesh Lene

On 1/3/2019 at 8:09 AM, ienzo628 said:

But what does MX actually mean by the "tyranny of light" though?

Well, tyranny is synonymous with absolute power and power unchecked. Eraqus was adamant about the light. He wanted nothing to do with the darkness, and this is reflected through Aqua when Cinderella's Fairygodmother says something along the line of "You cannot use light to fight the darkness." And Aqua being like ? "what do you mean⁉

In that context, only light was being used. Light, which should always be in balance with darkness, was disproportionately used. In other words, light (and the people using it) are tyrants for not keeping in balance with darkness.

I hope I'm conveying what I'm thinking correctly 

8 hours ago, KHfan4 said:

Well, tyranny is synonymous with absolute power and power unchecked. Eraqus was adamant about the light. He wanted nothing to do with the darkness, and this is reflected through Aqua when Cinderella's Fairygodmother says something along the line of "You cannot use light to fight the darkness." And Aqua being like ? "what do you mean⁉

In that context, only light was being used. Light, which should always be in balance with darkness, was disproportionately used. In other words, light (and the people using it) are tyrants for not keeping in balance with darkness.

I hope I'm conveying what I'm thinking correctly 

I think so.   Didn't Sora also say something about everything being of light when he met Yen Sid in KH2?