Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Ventus_

The sword, the shield and the staff, which will you take and discard in KH3?

The sword, the shield and the staff, which will you take and discard in KH3?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. The sword, the shield and the staff, which will you take and discard in KH3?

• Take the sword, discard the shield
    • Take the sword, discard the staff
    • Take the shield, discard the sword
    • Take the shield, discard the staff
    • Take the staff, discard the sword
    • Take the staff, discard the shield

The sword, the shield, and the staff have been a staple of the main story games that shape gameplay so I'm assuming they'll come up again in Kh3. 

My preferred choices are always take the shield and discard the sword. Although recently I discovered that taking the staff and discarding the sword is also very effective. Regardless, I almost always ditch the sword. 

8 minutes ago, khfan14 said:

What was the point of doing this in the game? I never really found out. 

Whichever ones you pick/discard affect your stats. So if you pick/discard the staff, your magic will be boosted/hindered, if you pick/discard the sword, your strength will be boosted/hindered, and if you pick/discard the shield, your defense will be boosted/hindered. It also affects when you learn each ability. 

Edited by Allwil13

6 minutes ago, khfan14 said:

Oh wow. Does it do anything when you have to pick them in kingdom hearts 2?

I think it does, but I'm actually not 100% sure. I know when you pick your struggle bat you get a tiny boost of like one point in either Strength, Magic or Defense depending on what you pick. But I'm not sure about the ones in the Station of Awakening.

In KH2 the Station of Awakening choice determines what skills you learn at what level.  If you take a look here under Sora's Abilities by Level, you can see what skills you get when, depending on what you pick.  (Warrior=Sword, Mystic=Staff, Guardian=Shield)

As for KH3 I'll probably do what I usually do on an initial playthrough, until I find out what each choice ends up doing:  Take the Sword and ditch the Shield.  I take the sword because I prefer strength, since I'm usually using my melee attacks more than anything.  I also use magic in certain situations, so I prefer not to take a hit to it, and I don't really care much about my defense, so I ditch the Shield.