Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

I'm still fairly optimistic, but I'm starting to think that maybe the leaker was right when he said he felt KH3 was rushed. Perhaps, the team was pressured to release it sooner rather than later. The KH3 we're getting, as a game, was only in development after the switch to UE4. So, it's actually been less than 6 years in the making I believe. Maybe that wasn't enough time

They had pixar and disney who required total control on the disney worlds with a lot of back and forth. They probably rushed the original worlds, because of that. I am pretty sure Disney worlds will be perfect and the original ones, well... We will end up a little disappointed. At least at first. Then, patches will pop up and we will forget about it.

Edited by cyntix

Ill reserve judgement until i play the game for myself but it seems they focused way to much on the Disney stuff and the combat options and kind of pushed everything else aside. With the links, keyblade transformations, flow motion, attraction flow, gummy ship stuff, and the mini games it could be that they over extended themselves plus the fans may have overhyped the game a bit. Also Nomura said he was looking towards what came after KH3 more than KH3 itself. They want a good game just as much as we do and I depending on the final product I hope they listen to the feedback and improve future titles based on that feedback.

I have not seen any of the more recent leaks, but if Twilight Town is indeed smaller that would be very disappointing. I don't blame them for focusing on Disney worlds though since that would be the main draw for the mainstream audience and, to be honest, some of the past games (especally the handhelds) have been horribly neglecting the Disney aspect but still neglecting the Final Fantasy aspect. So I can't say I'm too disappointed. That said, Twilight Town should be a fully explorable world, especially with it being the hub world. It really should have taken more of their time to make it as amazing as can be.

Spoiler

I'm personally OK with there only being 4 playable original worlds. I don't know if I'm exactly happy with the selection (yet) but I think four is a reasonable amount. I never thought they would have more original worlds than Disney since that has never happened with any other game and would lose one of the biggest points of the franchise. And with there being only 8 Disney worlds I don't think they would have more than half of that number for original worlds.

Edited by Tyranto Rex

Man, I can't wait for the game to come so I can play it for myself and see. It sounds like the Disney stuff is the biggest and from a marketing standpoint it makes complete sense for newcomers. Still I hope it's satisfying for the ones who have been waiting all this time too. I'm very excited for the Disney stuff but I don't want the original characters and their arcs to be rushed/incomplete because they might be too difficult to follow.

A 6ish year development cycle is like the exact opposite of rushed. Even with the switch to UE4 the game's been in development for about 4 years.

Spoiler

I really don't get the original world count complaints. Yeah not having Hollow Bastion sucks, but we still have the same amount (or more?) as I and II, plus one is a brand new location.

My thoughts on this question of yours is that kingdom hearts 3 it looks like it was rushed tbh but they remade the combat system from the start and make a few adjustments in the game so i don't think the game will be so bad either but i don't really have high expectations ;)

On 1/7/2019 at 3:25 PM, Azure Flame said:

Yes, there is a big focus on the Disney worlds, but at the same time, as we've seen from the trailers, a lot of the actual story also takes place in these worlds, it's not like previous games where the Disney worlds are mostly separate with their own stories, with just a little tie to the main story, it seems a lot more of the actual overall story will be contained in these worlds as well.

Honestly, I just think people overhyped the game to the extent that they were expecting some sort of epic 100 hour masterpiece that solved every single problem/question in the entire series, and when you overhype a game like that, you're bound to be disappointed.

That's what I've been saying too. This is one of the most anticipated games of the last decade, which means the hype is unfairly high. Honestly, most of the complaints I've been seeing can be attributed to most of the games in the series, yet everyone loves them.

I usually don’t want to form opinions until I play the game myself on release day and it’ll continue that way but I can’t help but worry whether or not it’ll be rushed. Long time fans have been waiting for years for this game, including me. I wish to see a lot of gameplay in regards to old characters in previous games, personally. Although I can’t help but be excited for the Disney worlds too. I won’t lie and say I have high expectations. 

Edited by lightthefuse

It's a really good thing that they are focusing on the Disney world more from the sounds of it, but I'd like to see a decent amount of content in the original worlds. Hopefully, that will be the case when the game comes out. 

I as well don't believe 'rushed' is an accurate term. 

With source material to be compared to and no doubt the pressure of Frozen's popularity, it stands to reason that the Disney worlds are the most judged aspects of the game and thusly would monopolize the focus. Not to mention that this is the first installment to incorporate Pixar.

There is also each world's role in the main plot to consider when constructing them, factors such as world size and content can be dependant on this. 
I.e Destiny Island's role in BBS vs. KHI vs. CoM vs. 0.2. 
Destiny Islands have always been more of a backstory world used to as a connection to Sora's, Riku's and Kairi's hearts vs. a world that presently participates in the plot.
- In KH1, it serves as the point of origin because it's Sora, Riku and Kiari's home and thus the place from which their journey was facilitated. 
- In CoM, it was represented as a memory of Sora's. 
- In BBS Destiny Islands isn't playable because it was a short encounter location needed to connect the wayfinder trio to Sora and Riku (Kairi, as is clearly established was still living in her original home word, Radiant Gardens). 
- In 0.2, Destiny Islands had been trapped in the RoD and I believe it was Aqua's ending up there was her heart's way of reaching out to Sora and perhaps Riku as well. 

See how that works?
Sometimes the plot can be adjusted but sometimes it can't. 

Admittedly, I am a bit worried but will not pass judgment until I play. I've learned my lesson after judging too many films as terrible based on trailers that were, in fact, fantastic when I ended up watching them. Tangled is among them. 

You haven't play this game and you're thinking Kingdom Hearts 3 was rushed? Honestly, you can't say for sure that the game was rushed since you haven't play the game yet. I rather play the game myself before I make an official opinion if Kingdom Hearts 3 was really rushed or not. Plus, Kingdom Hearts 3 has been in development since 2013 so I like to think it wasn't rushed. Plus, let's not forget that thirty copies of Kingdom Hearts 3 had been stolen, so it's possible that they didn't get the one patch thing when they first upload the game. Also, the Disney Worlds are major part of the Kingdom Hearts Franchise so course the marketing will focus on the Disney Worlds. In my opinion, when it comes to marketing I prefer they focus more on the Disney Worlds than the Original Worlds. I want the Original Worlds to be surprises when I play Kingdom Hearts 3 because the Original Worlds are the best parts in the Kingdom Hearts series. I'm glad the Disney Worlds in Kingdom Hearts 3 are going to be part of the main story, but the Original Worlds are major plot points in Kingdom Hearts 3. Plus, the Kingdom Hearts marketing has been doing this for years ever since the first Kingdom Hearts game. The Disney Worlds in Kingdom Hearts is where the money is. They use the Disney Worlds in their marketing to gain newcomers, and gain many old KH fans like us who keep demanding what Disney Movie/Disney World we wanted to see in the Kingdom Hearts. Even though Kingdom Hearts has finally gain it's own identity over the years because of the complex (and sometimes confusing) plot and because of the characters of Sora, Donald, Goofy, Mickey, Riku, Kairi, Roxas, Xion, Lea/Axel, Namine, Terra, Aqua, and Ventus. But The Disney Worlds are definitely major parts of the Kingdom Hearts Franchise. And I don't think it's never gonna to change when the next Kingdom Hearts game comes after Kingdom Hearts 3.

4 hours ago, Potato head harvey said:

Seems less like the game was rushed and more like they intentionally didn't put much content into the game in order to be 100% sure they would be finished by a certain date.

I completely agree with this and would like it but I'm on quota today.

Spoiler

I want to add that it honestly feels like Nomura decided to just completely cut all Final Fantasy and anything that wasn't fully focused on the final plot for this game. No Radiant Garden in a numbered title? That is bullshit! I am disappointed, and if Square knew that this was the case, then why on Earth did they let fan expectations run wild by saying shit like "please be excited for how final fantasy characters will be shown in KH3". If what they meant by that was gummi ship blueprints then I am going to rage.

If I hadn't been lead to expect and believe that FF was going to be in KH3 then I would be fine. I wanted Treasure planet, it's not in, I'm not even disappointed. But this? It hurts. Especially because Square did delay the game, and they knew what fans wanted, and they still said no.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is probably gonna be in line with the other two main titles. But with a lot less charm and more efficiency in executing the plot because they decided to focus in on only one aspect of the series.

On 1/7/2019 at 2:50 PM, DemyxIsBest said:

I don’t believe rushed is the right word, I just think there is a chasm between what Nomura thinks that fans want and what the fans actually want. I also get the impression that the Disney worlds took up a lot more time, money and resources this time around. 

Honestly I also believe they’re gearing up to try and bring new fans into the series, when they don’t really realise a strong core of their fan base are cult diehards who risk being alienated, I mean look at the story, not accessible to newbies at all is it?

Its similar to what i think will happen if half life 3 ever comes out. There is just such a giant level of hype build around it that it can never life up to some expectations

wasn't FF15 to blame for the dev time? i honestly think its marketing, i mean whens the last time a dev said a game would take x hours and it really did take you that long? Our homeslice azure hit the keyhole on the head.

i'm also not worried cause look at FF14 and 15 at release, kinda not the best mind blowing games square wanted, aboot a year and they got better but why? square CAN'T have a bad FF(8 slipped by though x D) and i feel the same way for kingdom hearts

7 hours ago, Movies798 said:

You haven't play this game and you're thinking Kingdom Hearts 3 was rushed? Honestly, you can't say for sure that the game was rushed since you haven't play the game yet. I rather play the game myself before I make an official opinion if Kingdom Hearts 3 was really rushed or not. Plus, Kingdom Hearts 3 has been in development since 2013 so I like to think it wasn't rushed. Plus, let's not forget that thirty copies of Kingdom Hearts 3 had been stolen, so it's possible that they didn't get the one patch thing when they first upload the game. Also, the Disney Worlds are major part of the Kingdom Hearts Franchise so course the marketing will focus on the Disney Worlds. In my opinion, when it comes to marketing I prefer they focus more on the Disney Worlds than the Original Worlds. I want the Original Worlds to be surprises when I play Kingdom Hearts 3 because the Original Worlds are the best parts in the Kingdom Hearts series. I'm glad the Disney Worlds in Kingdom Hearts 3 are going to be part of the main story, but the Original Worlds are major plot points in Kingdom Hearts 3. Plus, the Kingdom Hearts marketing has been doing this for years ever since the first Kingdom Hearts game. The Disney Worlds in Kingdom Hearts is where the money is. They use the Disney Worlds in their marketing to gain newcomers, and gain many old KH fans like us who keep demanding what Disney Movie/Disney World we wanted to see in the Kingdom Hearts. Even though Kingdom Hearts has finally gain it's own identity over the years because of the complex (and sometimes confusing) plot and because of the characters of Sora, Donald, Goofy, Mickey, Riku, Kairi, Roxas, Xion, Lea/Axel, Namine, Terra, Aqua, and Ventus. But The Disney Worlds are definitely major parts of the Kingdom Hearts Franchise. And I don't think it's never gonna to change when the next Kingdom Hearts game comes after Kingdom Hearts 3.

8 hours ago, Ventus_ said:

I as well don't believe 'rushed' is an accurate term. 

With source material to be compared to and no doubt the pressure of Frozen's popularity, it stands to reason that the Disney worlds are the most judged aspects of the game and thusly would monopolize the focus. Not to mention that this is the first installment to incorporate Pixar.

There is also each world's role in the main plot to consider when constructing them, factors such as world size and content can be dependant on this. 
I.e Destiny Island's role in BBS vs. KHI vs. CoM vs. 0.2. 
Destiny Islands have always been more of a backstory world used to as a connection to Sora's, Riku's and Kairi's hearts vs. a world that presently participates in the plot.
- In KH1, it serves as the point of origin because it's Sora, Riku and Kiari's home and thus the place from which their journey was facilitated. 
- In CoM, it was represented as a memory of Sora's. 
- In BBS Destiny Islands isn't playable because it was a short encounter location needed to connect the wayfinder trio to Sora and Riku (Kairi, as is clearly established was still living in her original home word, Radiant Gardens). 
- In 0.2, Destiny Islands had been trapped in the RoD and I believe it was Aqua's ending up there was her heart's way of reaching out to Sora and perhaps Riku as well. 

See how that works?
Sometimes the plot can be adjusted but sometimes it can't. 

Admittedly, I am a bit worried but will not pass judgment until I play. I've learned my lesson after judging too many films as terrible based on trailers that were, in fact, fantastic when I ended up watching them. Tangled is among them. 

On 1/8/2019 at 12:50 AM, DemyxIsBest said:

I don’t believe rushed is the right word, I just think there is a chasm between what Nomura thinks that fans want and what the fans actually want. I also get the impression that the Disney worlds took up a lot more time, money and resources this time around. 

Honestly I also believe they’re gearing up to try and bring new fans into the series, when they don’t really realise a strong core of their fan base are cult diehards who risk being alienated, I mean look at the story, not accessible to newbies at all is it?

On 1/8/2019 at 6:00 AM, 2 quid is good said:

Rushed is not the word. I think Demyx is on the money here, KH3 is gonna be the first main console game in a sub-generation, and the first one made by Osaka team, there was bound to be a difference of feeling between KH3 and the other two.

And the delay had almost nothing to do with the status of the games completion and almost everything to with an international release, that still isn't simultaneous but that's for another day.

KH games have never been super long; you can finish most of them even as a kid in under 30 hours, it would be a mistake imo to expect something more than a 50 hour game maximum

I don't actually think it was rushed, per say. It's more that, that was the first word that I could think of, for my worry regarding the state of twilight town, etc. I'm not good with words sometimes, so I agree that it was the wrong word choice >.<

2 hours ago, Kittenz said:

I don't actually think it was rushed, per say. It's more that, that was the first word that I could think of, for my worry regarding the state of twilight town, etc. I'm not good with words sometimes, so I agree that it was the wrong word choice >.<

But honestly I do understand how you feel. Some people are worry about how much content of the Disney Worlds compare to the Original Worlds. Not everyone is gonna to be happy with the final result when they fully play Kingdom Hearts 3 and beat the game. I think it's best to not really worry about it and keep our expectations very low until we officially play the game.