Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

I'm the minority here but I like Sonic the Hedgehog 06. I didn't care about the glitches and bad controls because the story was very interesting to me. So I didn't bother with the game's flaws. As for Kingdom Hearts 3 I'm definitely not that worry. I'm sure the game controls will be smooth and fun. But I understand though. I understand some people are worry about the Kingdom Hearts 3's potential's flaws on January 29th. Plus, I think Nomura and the staff we're trying to improve the previous games flaws. Like the floatiness some people had issues with in BBS and DDD (which I didn't care about the floatiness). All I want from Kingdom Hearts 3 is to be a fun control game. If the controls are fun and entertaining than I will over look the game's potential flaws.

4 hours ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

No. Not really. Unpopular opinion, but I never really cared or noticed the floatiness in BBS and DDD since I don't like playing on higher difficulties in most games. I've stated it hundred times, I 100% understand why people hate it, want SE to improve upon it, and I'm not going to call people names for it, but this doesn't bother me that much. Whether they improve this floatiness and unbalanced gameplay, I don't really care. Doesn't mean I don't want to see the series progress and be successful. In fact, I want people that care more about the combat than me to enjoy it too. I may not discuss this any further than that considering how badly divided the community has gotten on places like Twitter as of late.

I never noticed the floatiness either. Honestly, I've enjoyed the combat in every entry. the only entry that I had serious issues with in regards to gameplay was 358/2 Days, and that wasn't even because of the battle system; it was that stupid paneling system. I hated that with a passion. And for anyone who liked it, that's great. I'm glad people liked it. But it was not for me.

In regards to worries, I am not worried at all. I'm choosing to ignore anything I might hear because I want to form my own opinion. And honestly, I've thoroughly enjoyed every entry in the main series to date, so I have no reason to doubt this one. I'm sure the game will have strengths and flaws, but I'm excited nonetheless.

1 hour ago, Allwil13 said:

I never noticed the floatiness either. Honestly, I've enjoyed the combat in every entry. the only entry that I had serious issues with in regards to gameplay was 358/2 Days, and that wasn't even because of the battle system; it was that stupid paneling system. I hated that with a passion. And for anyone who liked it, that's great. I'm glad people liked it. But it was not for me.

In regards to worries, I am not worried at all. I'm choosing to ignore anything I might hear because I want to form my own opinion. And honestly, I've thoroughly enjoyed every entry in the main series to date, so I have no reason to doubt this one. I'm sure the game will have strengths and flaws, but I'm excited nonetheless.

I've actually never played the original 358/2 Days on the DS, I watched the cutscenes from the original, so I've never experienced how Days's gameplay was. I know how COM played, though. Still on the fence on how I feel about the cards system. It seems pretty fun, but after a while it just felt like I was too dumb to figure out how to master it. Overall I did enjoy all the games gameplay. 

Unfortunately, I'm one of those people that tends to soak in what people say and how they feel. I'm not saying I'd probably change where I stand immediately because of one person,  but having people constantly tell you that you should lower your expectations kind of lowers my moral more than it should when I know that they are just trying to tell me to have a more realistic view on things. Maybe it's just my punishment for being a natural optimist. Regardless of all this, I'm still really looking forward to how KH3's story plays out in the final game of the saga and I'm just going to try and ignore it until I can judge the game for myself as well.

48 minutes ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

I've actually never played the original 358/2 Days on the DS, I watched the cutscenes from the original, so I've never experienced how Days's gameplay was. I know how COM played, though. Still on the fence on how I feel about the cards system. It seems pretty fun, but after a while it just felt like I was too dumb to figure out how to master it. Overall I did enjoy all the games gameplay. 

Unfortunately, I'm one of those people that tends to soak in what people say and how they feel. I'm not saying I'd probably change where I stand immediately because of one person,  but having people constantly tell you that you should lower your expectations kind of lowers my moral more than it should when I know that they are just trying to tell me to have a more realistic view on things. Maybe it's just my punishment for being a natural optimist. Regardless of all this, I'm still really looking forward to how KH3's story plays out in the final game of the saga and I'm just going to try and ignore it until I can judge the game for myself as well.

I actually really liked the cards system in CoM, but I do agree that it was definitely flawed. I also totally get how easy it is to let your expectations run amok (heck, I've done it myself on countless occasions). The important thing to remember is that at the end of the day, it's just a game (though it means so much to all of us), and that other people do not speak for you: you speak for yourself.

18 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

I actually really liked the cards system in CoM, but I do agree that it was definitely flawed. I also totally get how easy it is to let your expectations run amok (heck, I've done it myself on countless occasions). The important thing to remember is that at the end of the day, it's just a game (though it means so much to all of us), and that other people do not speak for you: you speak for yourself.

I also liked the card based combat. Only frustrated me that the game is too linear and repetitive for such an interesting combat mechanic.

45 minutes ago, cyntix said:

I also liked the card based combat. Only frustrated me that the game is too linear and repetitive for such an interesting combat mechanic.

Yeah, the plot had some issues. The stuff between floors in Castle Oblivion (as well as Twilight Town, Destiny Islands, and the whole CO section itself) was interesting. The lazy retread of the events of the first game in the world cards was not.

3 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

Yeah, the plot had some issues. The stuff between floors in Castle Oblivion (as well as Twilight Town, Destiny Islands, and the whole CO section itself) was interesting. The lazy retread of the events of the first game in the world cards was not.

My opinion is that they should have dropped Disney while doing the remake and expand on original worlds a bit.

I'm trying to keep myself neutral for now. I am not too worried about floaty combat, but if others are saying its a problem, it might be. I do have a few worries for the game, mostly having to do with story and how characters are handled and some other things. But I'm still really hyped for this game, just lowering expectations a bit so I don't end up disappointed.

It could be because I've only truly completed four Kingdom Hearts games (KH1, KH2, Days, BBS) but I don't know what floaty combat is. Did BBS have it? I never really came into contact with floaty combat nor do I really know what it is. But I see that term thrown around everywhere concerning Kingdom Hearts 3. I feel so out of the loop lol. Does it destroy the game?

7 hours ago, SweetYetSalty said:

It could be because I've only truly completed four Kingdom Hearts games (KH1, KH2, Days, BBS) but I don't know what floaty combat is. Did BBS have it? I never really came into contact with floaty combat nor do I really know what it is. But I see that term thrown around everywhere concerning Kingdom Hearts 3. I feel so out of the loop lol. Does it destroy the game?

It's a thing that fans that try to challenge themselves with higher difficulties like critical and no experience mode notice more than those who play it without the extra challenge. Although, some people who play on anything below that seem to notice it a bit too. BBS and DDD had this thing where your character's attack don't feel weighted and the attack animations take longer than those it KH2. Players say it leaves you more open to an enemy's attack. Air combos take longer for you to float to the ground afterward, and apparently enemies don't get knocked back, or staggered. In those two games also, there are abilities much more powerful than the other that if you use them it make bosses much easier to win against. I can understand why it would make the gameplay less fun for some people, but I myself have never been bothered by it since I don't  notice these things. But, hey, if they want the game improved I'm not stopping them. It just helps make the game fun for everyone. Most of the people who notice this stuff said that they would still like the game despite all of this, they just think it won't be as fun gameplay wise. It's been a debate for a long time in the community, but for some reason It's sparked a lot more disscussion and arguments as of these last few days since KH 3 is so close to release.

Edited by ITzDarthLordRevan

17 hours ago, SweetYetSalty said:

Out of all four games only BBS had "floaty" combat. In fact Days had pretty good air combos iirc.

It probably wouldn't have made much difference to you, but how many times did you feel that a cheap death occurred in BBS? That was likely due to the lack of times when you can be invincible (i-frames) or due to the "floaty" combat, which is to say, when you just mash the x button and carry on doing your combos, not only are they very weak, but they're also quite laggy.

Especially with Aqua, as whenever you jump up you hang in the air unable to do anything for a few seconds, let alone defend yourself. This is a death sentence when playing on higher difficulties and forces you to play the game in a not-so-fun way. That's the crux of the issue anyhow.

Personally I share Revan's view. It doesn't bother me personally too much, but I noticed it in BBS and 3D, and it could be annoying. So I'm not going to begrudge anyone who feels it is a significant worry, because frankly,  it is, whether you feel that way or not. It's the base mechanics of the gameplay, and if your base combo isn't good it sours your experiences somewhat.

12 hours ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

It's a thing that fans that try to challenge themselves with higher difficulties like critical and no experience mode notice more than those who play it without the extra challenge. Although, some people who play on anything below that seem to notice it a bit too. BBS and DDD had this thing where your character's attack don't feel weighted and the attack animations take longer than those it KH2. Players say it leaves you more open to an enemy's attack. Air combos take longer for you to float to the ground afterward, and apparently enemies don't get knocked back, or staggered. In those two games also, there are abilities much more powerful than the other that if you use them it make bosses much easier to win against. I can understand why it would make the gameplay less fun for some people, but I myself have never been bothered by it since I don't  notice these things. But, hey, if they want the game improved I'm not stopping them. It just helps make the game fun for everyone. Most of the people who notice this stuff said that they would still like the game despite all of this, they just think it won't be as fun gameplay wise. It's been a debate for a long time in the community, but for some reason It's sparked a lot more disscussion and arguments as of these last few days since KH 3 is so close to release.

49 minutes ago, 2 quid is good said:

Out of all four games only BBS had "floaty" combat. In fact Days had pretty good air combos iirc.

It probably wouldn't have made much difference to you, but how many times did you feel that a cheap death occurred in BBS? That was likely due to the lack of times when you can be invincible (i-frames) or due to the "floaty" combat, which is to say, when you just mash the x button and carry on doing your combos, not only are they very weak, but they're also quite laggy.

Especially with Aqua, as whenever you jump up you hang in the air unable to do anything for a few seconds, let alone defend yourself. This is a death sentence when playing on higher difficulties and forces you to play the game in a not-so-fun way. That's the crux of the issue anyhow.

Personally I share Revan's view. It doesn't bother me personally too much, but I noticed it in BBS and 3D, and it could be annoying. So I'm not going to begrudge anyone who feels it is a significant worry, because frankly,  it is, whether you feel that way or not. It's the base mechanics of the gameplay, and if your base combo isn't good it sours your experiences somewhat.

Thanks for the info. Now that you mention it there were times where I hung in the air for awhile. Especially when fighting those flying Unversed enemies and I was locked on to them. So that is floaty combat.