Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Allwil13

Kingdom Hearts Symbolism

Hey guys. So I'm at work right now (don't judge me; it's insanely dead and I'm suuuuuuper bored) and I was just browsing on the Kingdom Hearts wiki to pass the time when I learned something interesting. Apparently both Ava and Luxu from KHUX both have names derived from the latin words for two of the seven deadly sins (greed and lust, respectively). This intrigued me, and after I did some digging I learned that all of the Master of Master's apprentices have names like this: Invi is envy, Aced is sloth, Ira is wrath, and Gula is gluttony. Even more interesting is that apparently each foreteller's union has an animal that is associated with each sin (with the exception of Gula for some reason). This blew my mind, and I immediately suspected that the Master of Masters' true name must be derived from the latin word for pride, because that is the only sin missing here. 

This got me thinking: do Sora and his friends mirror this trope? Maybe each guardian of light will represent a different deadly sin like the foretellers. What do you guys think? Have you noticed any other symbolism in the series? Do you think this will be expanded upon in Kingdom Hearts III, or do you think it's just kind of a cool connection?

Hmm. Aqua could be wrath?

Imo, none of the characters actually really represent the sin themselves all that much. The only thing that could be considered "greedy" by Ava is having a lot of wielders?

Edited by Kittenz

3 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

Could be. There are several characters who could be pride. Riku would probably be greed or envy.

Not a light, but I think Vanitas fits gluttony. He's still on about joining with Ventus

Speaking of Ventus, sloth for him?

Perhaps roxas is still lusting after revenge towards xemnas idk

Edited by Kittenz

1 minute ago, Kittenz said:

Not a light, but I think Vanitas fits gluttony. He's still on about joining with Ventus

Speaking of Ventus, sloth for him?

Yeah, that sounds pretty fitting. I feel like Terra would probably be pride.