Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Nonexistant95

Is Riku going to have a girlfriend

I know he don’t need a girlfriend. I wouldn’t mind he don’t have one as long as it’s not because he liked Kairi at one point and she’s with Sora. I would like if he goes with Namine. They aren’t seen interacting that much but I see the potential there and I like their scenes together. What do you guys think?

I sort of don't think that he will.  Kingdom Hearts has always been about friendship mostly, and I think they will continue to stick with that emphasis.  Personally I would prefer it if he didn't have a romantic interest, because it would likely be forced for the sake of Riku having a girlfriend to appease fans, and there is also the question of who it would be.  I cringe at the thought of a new character added purely to fill this void, and personally I don't see any of the other cast members making the cut, except for maybe Kairi.

Personally, I don't think he needs one, and the only character who exists that could potentially fill that role is Namine, but they never seemed to like each other in that way. Namine and Repliku seem more likely if anything.

Edited by Kittenz

12 hours ago, Nonexistant95 said:

I know he don’t need a girlfriend. I wouldn’t mind he don’t have one as long as it’s not because he liked Kairi at one point and she’s with Sora. I would like if he goes with Namine. They aren’t seen interacting that much but I see the potential there and I like their scenes together. What do you guys think?

Riku barely has any relationships with girls besides Kairi, and she'll likely end up with Sora if a canon pairing is actually made. There's nobody, male or female, you could pair Riku with (besides Sora) without forcing it. 

I don't think he needs one at all but I do admit I always felt some kind of emotion chemistry going on with Riku and Xion TBH. And for whoever wants to tell me about Xion and Roxas let me tell you I think there has always been more chemistry as couples with Sora and Kairi, Roxas and Naminé and somehow Riku and Xion, which I wouldn't mind.

I’d be ok either way. I feel like an unemphasized relation would work best since Sora and Kairi are the only couple the game really wants to make important. But either way. 

As far as who most people say Namine, Xion, or someone new. I think someone new would work if they did it right, but would feel a bit awkward not being from this group that already has such a big connection already. As for the other two Xion doesn’t especially make sense to me. I just finished ReCoM and 358/2. I feel like Roxas and Xion have more of a connection based on 358/2 and Riku has a much stronger connection based on CoM. Plus there is the whole time Sora is sleeping that Riku is workin very closely with Namine to save his best friend, potentially building their relationship. 

Others point out the end of KH2 as evidence for Roxas and Namine, but I feel like the general lack of romance in the series and a stronger arguement for Riku Namine could easily play that off as friendship. I mean put it this way, Xion is memories of Kairi so it would make sense for Roxas to fall for her. Plus when you really think about it Roxas and Namine only really meet each other like twice. 

TLDR

Riku+Namine

ONLY CLICK IF YOU DON'T MIND BEING SPOILED. I put extra warnings but still!

Spoiler

Last chance. Spoilers beyond this point.

Spoiler

It's Namine

Spoiler

17frwg.pngThey even put flower petal symbolism. They actually did that.

Edited by Kittenz