Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Aquaberry

Kingdom Hearts III update schedules for Update 1.01, Memory Archive, epilogue, and secret movie have been released

Square Enix have revealed the update schedule for Kingdom Hearts III, both the Western and Japanese version. The Western schedule, which includes a Day 1 patch, is as follows.

Western free updates release schedule:

Tuesday, January 29
Update 1.01 (several data fixes)
Memory Archive (videos)
*The Memory Archive option will be added to the game's title menu and can be viewed at any time.

Wednesday, January 30 
Epilogue (video)
*Players will need to have completed Kingdom Hearts III and seen the ending to view this video.

Thursday, January 31
Secret (video)
*Players will need to have completed Kingdom Hearts III and seen the ending, as well as fulfilled certain criteria during play to view this video.

*The criteria vary depending on the difficulty level selected.

*The Memory Archive is a digest of the Kingdom Hearts story in the series up to this point.

*The epilogue and secret movie are video content that will enhance player's enjoyment of the world of #KingdomHearts.

*These pieces of downloadable content are additional elements for #KingdomHearts III

*The main game allows players to proceed to and view the ending without the need for an internet connection.

*An internet connection is required to download patches to update the game.

Series director Tetsuya Nomura introduced the updates release schedule for the Japanese version of the game through a tweet. He tweeted the following:

The Japanese update schedule is as follows:

Regarding "KINGDOM HEARTS III" (Japanese version) to be released on Friday, January 25, 2019, we will inform you of the content delivery schedule.

○ Delivery schedule
■ Friday, January 25 (around 0:00)
· Update 1.01 (partial data correction)
· Memory archive (video)
※ Memory Archive is a digest of the past stories of the "Kingdom Hearts" series is. (It is the same content as the "stories tied to III" being published on the official website) * Items are added to the top menu, you can select and view it at any time.

■ Saturday, January 26 (Sat) around 0:00
· Epilogue (video)
* Epilogue is video content that you can enjoy more about the world view of the "Kingdom Hearts" series.
For viewing it is necessary to clear the game until ending.

■ Thursday, January 31 (around 19:00)
· Secret (video)
* Secret is video content that you can enjoy more about the world view of the "Kingdom Hearts" series.
For viewing, it is necessary to clear the game up to the ending and to clear certain conditions within the game.
(Conditions depend on difficulty level.)

Please note that Internet connection is required for patches necessary for upgrading, some privileges and additional content downloads.

View full article

partial data correction: does that mean there will be more?

I know that people don't like this updates since they like to have everything on disc, but personally I like to know that the game I play and love is still polished by the devs which makes it live longer in our heart and allow them to take our feedback. It's a bit like a collaboration work.

You know, when they said they'd be adding the secret ending at a later date, I approved of the decision since we've had to deal with all of these leaks and whatnot. But I figured it'd be more like a few weeks or a month later, not literally 2 days later.

Just now, hawk222 said:

You know, when they said they'd be adding the secret ending at a later date, I approved of the decision since we've had to deal with all of these leaks and whatnot. But I figured it'd be more like a few weeks or a month later, not literally 2 days later.

No they said upon release. Later date compared to the 30th of november 2018.

It does seem a little odd. Doesn’t exactly shield the masses from leaks for very long ?

but I suppose it does send a message to the leakers, that the developers are in control (not always the case these days!)

29 minutes ago, Jonbob said:

It does seem a little odd. Doesn’t exactly shield the masses from leaks for very long ?

but I suppose it does send a message to the leakers, that the developers are in control (not always the case these days!)

It’s not a leak anymore once the games out. 

Edited by Kaweebo

3 minutes ago, Kaweebo said:

It’s not a leak anymore once the games out. 

Exactly. There will be people who blaze through the game in a couple of days and it wouldn't be fair to make them wait two weeks for the full ending. 

Heh, it looks like they decided to release these based on the idea that some fans will spend the next 2 days of their life playing the game and possibly replaying it on Critical. I know that's what I'm gonna do at least so this slightly delayed release is perfect for me.

All of that is good, but I still feel bad for the people, no matter how many there are, who do not have internet connections because they will miss stuff.

I think it's quite exciting to have it so close after release! Also I don't understand people worrying over "spoilers" since they will supposedly be busy playing the game. If by any chance they get spoiled is because they weren't careful and were actually looking for it since they would know about it possibly be out there and still going to the internet.

31 minutes ago, Elrandir said:

All of that is good, but I still feel bad for the people, no matter how many there are, who do not have internet connections because they will miss stuff.

You can always take your PS4 to a friend's house or somewhere so they can let you download it.

31 minutes ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

I know It sounds stupid,  but I'm going to just wait until 2 days later to start playing the game. 

So am I. Two more days won't hurt me in the waiting game.

Just curious, I'm still quite new to my PS4, but DLC's do they download automatically or do you need to take certain actions to make it download?

11 minutes ago, SweetYetSalty said:

So am I. Two more days won't hurt me in the waiting game.

Just curious, I'm still quite new to my PS4, but DLC's do they download automatically or do you need to take certain actions to make it download?

Updates download automatically. For DLC you need to go to the PSN store on your console, I believe, and just click on the DLC you want to download or purchase. I believe you can also see what DLC is available for certain games and view achievements you have for it if you press the down button when you highlight the game. It should start downloading as soon as you click on it or purchase it. If you have inputed a code, it should start downloading immediately when you go into your account on your console.

Edited by ITzDarthLordRevan

4 minutes ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

Updates download automatically. For DLC you need to go to the PSN store on your console, I believe, and just click on the DLC you want to download or purchase. I believe you can also see what DLC is available for it and view achievement you have for it if you press the down button when you highlight the game. It should start downloading as soon as you click on it or purchase it. If you have imputed a code, it should start downloading immediately when you go into your account on your console.

Thanks for telling me. So would the Epilogue and Secret Ending be more of a update or DLC?

1 hour ago, SweetYetSalty said:

Sweet! Thanks again! Now it's on to waiting for the game. I was going to just play on Standard first, but now I wanna just go straight to Proud Mode and watch everyone slay me XD

If you have 1.5+2.5, download the free dlc of roxas last boss fight then. ?

4 hours ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

I know It sounds stupid,  but I'm going to just wait until 2 days later to start playing the game. 

Why though? I'm not against it or anything since it's your decision but I'm curious why you want to wait.

Personally, I won't be able to finish it in under two days (unless it's even shorter than the other KH games which I doubt) anyway so there won't be any harm in starting already. It would only bother me if I would reach the end beforehand and therefore be denied the pleasure of the epilogue in my first playthrough.

Apart from that, I also miss the times where games were complete. I realize they want to protect people from leaks but why do those without a good internet connection need to suffer? It may not be that common anymore but even with leaks there shouldn't be much of a problem to bridge that gap.

I'm at least hwppy they won't do it later than that. A game should be complete upon release. While I will play through it again anyway, the epilogue is something I don't want to see added in after I'm done since the first time playing is a one in a lifetime thing and something like this spoils it.

Leaks or not, if the epilogue and secret ending are considered the only thing they want to protect as the biggest spoiler, something is wrong with the game or their perception of what fans consider a big spoiler.

If we’re being honest it’s actually a little redundant because someone will have uploaded and translated the Japanese version before the Western version even releases. I do genuinely admire the effort Square and Nomura are going to though - I can’t think off the top of my head of another studio or release that shows as much care for their fan base.

On 1/11/2019 at 6:30 PM, Merilly said:

Why though? I'm not against it or anything since it's your decision but I'm curious why you want to wait.

Personally, I won't be able to finish it in under two days (unless it's even shorter than the other KH games which I doubt) anyway so there won't be any harm in starting already. It would only bother me if I would reach the end beforehand and therefore be denied the pleasure of the epilogue in my first playthrough.

Apart from that, I also miss the times where games were complete. I realize they want to protect people from leaks but why do those without a good internet connection need to suffer? It may not be that common anymore but even with leaks there shouldn't be much of a problem to bridge that gap.

I'm at least hwppy they won't do it later than that. A game should be complete upon release. While I will play through it again anyway, the epilogue is something I don't want to see added in after I'm done since the first time playing is a one in a lifetime thing and something like this spoils it.

Leaks or not, if the epilogue and secret ending are considered the only thing they want to protect as the biggest spoiler, something is wrong with the game or their perception of what fans consider a big spoiler.

I just wanted to wait until epilogue and secret movie came out before I start playing it even though the patches won't change much. No reason simpler than that. Most people would probably view it as pointless or stupid but it actually means a lot to me.