Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Leamax

Amazon "Dawn Till Dusk" Keyblade DLC video revealed

Amazon has posted a new Kingdom Hearts III video featuring the exclusive Dawn Till Dusk DLC Keyblade. You can check out the trailer below.

The Dawn Till Dusk Keyblade was previously shown earlier this month in a separate video. The Keyblade is only available for pre-order through Amazon and 7-Net Japan. You can pre-order it from Amazon by clicking here

View full article

7 hours ago, jarnell2 said:

I will never forgive Amazon for their live stream betrayal. 

While that situation was terrible, I'm actually more disappointed that Europe receives no bonus for buying from there whatsoever. While Europe usually gets the short end of the stick in both games and merchandise, some similar retailers at least provide a bonus as well, even if they aren't the same.

I'm not chasing after goodies, I'm just disappointed that Amazon cares so little. However, I think it's time to let go of that ordeal. You don't have to forgive them but the game is nearly there. They messed up greatly, no denying that, but it was still just a trailer. No one really got harmed except their own reputation.

It's not a betrayal either. It was a lie in the worst case though we can't even be sure of that since we don't know what actually happened. There needs to be an intention involved for those terms to apply.

Edited by Merilly

3 hours ago, KeybladeMasterBalo said:

Those new areas tho...

And then suddenly, OUT OF NOWHERE, Nomura ninjas the whole community and announces that the Vanishing Isle from Aladdin and the King of Thieves will be added in a Day 1 patch. Everyone's heads proceed to explode from hype.

5 hours ago, Merilly said:

While that situation was terrible, I'm actually more disappointed that Europe receives no bonus for buying from there whatsoever. While Europe usually gets the short end of the stick in both games and merchandise, soe similar retailers at least provide a bonus as well, even if they aren't the same.

I'm not chasing after goodies, I'm just disappointed that Amazon cares so little. However, I think it's time to let go of that ordeal. You don't have to forgive them but the game is nearly there. They messed up greatly, no denying that, but it was still just a trailer. No one really got harmed except their own reputation.

It's not a betrayal either. It was a lie in the worst case though we can't even be sure of that since we don't know what actually happened. There needs to be an intention involved for those terms to apply.

PREACH! :D

6 hours ago, LostArtis said:

7 days /11 days until release, see what they did there hehe

Somehow this comment makes me both love and f**king hate you lol It's too late for this. I need to go to bed...

47 minutes ago, Green Sparrow said:

PREACH! :D

Sorry xD

I'm just a little bit exhausted by people throwing around strong words like "betrayal" and "lies" when anything relating to KH doesn't go their way, even for the slightest of mistakes or misunderstandings. It makes me question whether people actually know the definitions and connotations of those words.

It was disappointing and everyone has the right to be frustrated and be vocal about that in a civil manner, but we don't know what actually went on behind the scenes so such words are putting down a company's reputation to an extremely low level for a comparably little issue. It was just a trailer. They didn't say they would save the earth and then willingly proceeded to destroy it behind our backs while we supported their superficially good cause. That would be a betrayal.

In the end they messed up. There's no way to make it sound better or defend that. They broke a promise, regardless of it being intentional or not and of course that's not something to praise them for. But we can't forget there are people working there and people make mistakes. I still find it hard to accuse them of ill intentions when that obviously would immediately backfire against them.

Long story short, words like "betrayal" and "lies" are extremely harsh and most of the time simply wrong. I just find such reactions over the top when we consider it was just a trailer, probably the one we saw above. No harm has befallen us as a consequence except for wasting some time in the worst case. And I don't think it's necessary to still get worked up over a missing trailer 10 days before the international release. The only thing that was betrayed were our expectations and that's our fault as well. 

11 minutes ago, Merilly said:

Sorry xD

I'm just a little bit exhausted by people throwing around strong words like "betrayal" and "lies" when anything relating to KH doesn't go their way, even for the slightest of mistakes or misunderstandings. It makes me question whether people actually know the definitions and connotations of those words.

It was disappointing and everyone has the right to be frustrated and be vocal about that in a civil manner, but we don't know what actually went on behind the scenes so such words are putting down a company's reputation to an extremely low level for a comparably little issue. It was just a trailer. They didn't say they would save the earth and then willingly proceeded to destroy it behind our backs while we supported their superficially good cause. That would be a betrayal.

In the end they messed up. There's no way to make it sound better or defend that. They broke a promise, regardless of it being intentional or not and of course that's not something to praise them for. But we can't forget there are people working there and people make mistakes. I still find it hard to accuse them of ill intentions when that obviously would immediately backfire against them.

Long story short, words like "betrayal" and "lies" are extremely harsh and most of the time simply wrong. I just find such reactions over the top when we consider it was just a trailer, probably the one we saw above. No harm has befallen us as a consequence except for wasting some time in the worst case. And I don't think it's necessary to still get worked up over a missing trailer 10 days before the international release. The only thing that was betrayed were our expectations and that's our fault as well. 

Yeah, people got to move on from that. I mean it was not the first time we were promised something related to KH and we ended up getting nothing, mostly from Square Enix themselves (Ex "Winter announcments" and heck even the game being delayed) so it really would not surprise me if what Amazon said was true and Square Enix just did not have the trailer ready in time. Now that does not absolve Amazon from any blame of course, but I don't the whole trailer bit was a straight up lie.

1 hour ago, Tyranto Rex said:

Yeah, people got to move on from that. I mean it was not the first time we were promised something related to KH and we ended up getting nothing, mostly from Square Enix themselves (Ex "Winter announcments" and heck even the game being delayed) so it really would not surprise me if what Amazon said was true and Square Enix just did not have the trailer ready in time. Now that does not absolve Amazon from any blame of course, but I don't the whole trailer bit was a straight up lie.

You're right but in the end I have to question these people with "does it really matter now?", because despite also feeling some disappointment here and there, I always believed that the game will come out when it's done and regardless of what was said and couldn't be kept (despite me being rather certain that they did try to stick to their announcements and weren't intending to mess up), the game would essentially be released at some point.

I'm not saying people can't be angry but in regard to some announcements, it was simply ridiculous to which extent some were indulging in their wrath and what they believed they were entitled to. People were yelling for a release date, pressuring SE to the point where they could not post anything without someone asking about it and telling them to hurry up. And then they were furious when things couldn't be done as intended because they just revealed the information to shut them up? This double standard is terrible, even if it only pertains to a few individuals.

But I digress. In the end I firmly believe it's simply not worth it to let negative feelings persist and potentially affect the experience of the game. I want to play KH3 without lingering on topics which are ultimately without relevance at this point since the game will release in 10 days for us and 6 for Japan. I don't think it will be in anyone's favor to let any of this affect our joy in just playing the game, without feeling forced to needlessly dwell on the drama involved during development which has little to do with the game on its own. But that's just me and I can't order people what to feel.

Speaking for myself, I won't let any of it ruin my perception of the game and my excitement for it. The only thing left to feel conflicted about would be the game and it will speak for itself. It will defy and confirm expectations, will disappoint in some regards and pleasantly surprise us in others. That's all that will matter to me at this point and not some unshown trailer which won't really tell me anything about the game I won't know by then or a minor delay.

Edited by Merilly

9 hours ago, Tyranto Rex said:

Ohmygosh I completely forgot about the whole "winter announcements" thing. Time to go rage.

I remember being mad about the "winter announcements", but I got over it when they started showing trailers. I'm sure I'm going to forget about any anger, sadness, or disappointment once the game is in my hands lol

10 hours ago, Merilly said:

Speaking for myself, I won't let any of it ruin my perception of the game and my excitement for it. The only thing left to feel conflicted about would be the game and it will speak for itself. It will defy and confirm expectations, will disappoint in some regards and pleasantly surprise us in others. That's all that will matter to me at this point and not some unshown trailer which won't really tell me anything about the game I won't know by then or a minor delay.

I'm focusing on the game myself cause the other stuff is in the past. While some things could have been handled better by both fans and studio overall the experience of waiting for this game has been a blast and while I will miss the hype of waiting for trailers I really excited for the game to finally be coming out. I expect I'll be extemely happy with some aspects while disappointed with others, like most things I've been looking forward too.

1 hour ago, Green Sparrow said:

Ohmygosh I completely forgot about the whole "winter announcements" thing. Time to go rage.

I remember being mad about the "winter announcements", but I got over it when they started showing trailers. I'm sure I'm going to forget about any anger, sadness, or disappointment once the game is in my hands lol

Considering we had a lot of trailers and info in the months after I got over it pretty quickly, but yeah 2016 and early 2017 was extremely dry which was why it was kinda upsetting when that did not happen.