Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

If you guys still want to use youtube without worrying about spoilers, use this extension. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/remove-youtube-recommende/khncfooichmfjbepaaaebmommgaepoid/ it will block the spoilers by completely blocking everything on the home page, recommended video, comment sections, and playlists. It's very handy. 

I definitely think avoiding YouTube is a great idea (unless you clean your cache and don't view anything KH-related, which would probably work).  However, even once KH3 releases there will still be spoilers aplenty to watch out for, even if it isn't leaked material.  We still won't be in the clear once the game is out, so best if we're careful until we actually complete the game.  It's crazy how it's so difficult to abstain from getting spoiled when you least expect to be.

My mentality on leaks is totally different from the majority. I actually don't really care about them and when they pop up in my feeds i watch them just out of curiosity. The game is 9 days away, we're all gonna see the story eventually. Why does it matter if some scenes are viewed now? Not trying to troll, im legit curious. I feel the same way about movies too. Guess i am in the minority

4 hours ago, DemyxIsBest said:

I’ve been looking at the leaks and I’ll say one thing: Anything you may heard regarding overall opinions of the game - take them with a pinch of salt.

To be honest, I would always ignore reviews or opinions before playing the game and just play it yourself first or maybe watch someone else play a few minutes if you aren't sure whether to buy it.

The thing about opinions is that they're just that - opinions. No one can tell you what to enjoy and what to dislike and even if 90% say the game is terrible, you can still be among those who had a blast playing it. A review or opinion won't affect how much fun you had/have playing it.

It's not the first time people hates a game and I still loved it or that many people enjoyed it and I found it terrible. 

Another factor is that people are also out to just troll others. Not by spreading leaks but by making people anxious that the game will be trash. Which it can be for some but we can't forgot that the higher the expectations are, the harder it will be to satisfy them and some take even the tiniest disappointment as a reason to dislike the game. It also depends on who the person is who said that. Are they fans deeply invested in the series? Casual players who've only played some games? New players who complain that they don't understand what's going on?

Either way, Twitter isn't too much of a problem for me since I don't follow a lot of people and those I do follow wouldn't share them. YouTube and Tumblr in particular are very dangerous though since they recommend content based on your searches too. I haven't watched a KH video with my account in ages and still got leaks recommended.

But it is possible to avoid them and it's worked so far, at least for YouTube. The rest will be something I'll avoid until the game is out. Once it is, you won't see me online much anyway until I'm done. xD

26 minutes ago, sagman12PC said:

My mentality on leaks is totally different from the majority. I actually don't really care about them and when they pop up in my feeds i watch them just out of curiosity. The game is 9 days away, we're all gonna see the story eventually. Why does it matter if some scenes are viewed now? Not trying to troll, im legit curious. I feel the same way about movies too. Guess i am in the minority

I have watched a few scenes myself and I know personally it's actually hyping me up more for the game, but at the same time people are different and I respect that. Some people want to be as much surprised about anything in the game as possible, and they will want the warnings. I am a little worried that things will get a bit out of hand and they end up showing endgame stuff, so it would be good for some to be cautious.

19 hours ago, Tyranto Rex said:

I have watched a few scenes myself and I know personally it's actually hyping me up more for the game, but at the same time people are different and I respect that. Some people want to be as much surprised about anything in the game as possible, and they will want the warnings. I am a little worried that things will get a bit out of hand and they end up showing endgame stuff, so it would be good for some to be cautious.

I think there's nothing wrong with having that mindset. Everyone is different after all and for some it means more hype, for others it's the point where they draw the line.

I personally make it dependent on the game. KH3 is special to me and nothing beats playing a game for the first time and knowing just the things they have given us through official means. I'm not as drastic to avoid those as well but I still want the experience to feel special, which it can't be by knowing the entire plot.

I will also play it with my friend and it's the first time we'll be playing a KH game together where we are both on the same page. Since I introduced her to the series merely two yeard ago and I've been a long-time fan, I of course knew everything and she nothing.

For me, that's a very personal reason why I don't want to see the leaks. We'll be experiencing and reacting to everything together while knowing the same things and if I already know more again, it would ruin what we have planned.

Another factor is that seeing more and more snippets could potentially confuse me as to where to place them. However, that's still up for the individual to decide how much they want to know.

I'm not even against leaks in general if the copy is legal if the leakers and those who watch their content would respect the wishes of others to remain unspoiled. If they had remained in their spoler corner and would tag it appropriately (and maybe not upload it to YouTube with its algorithm), I doubt anyone would bother to make such a fuss about the leaks.

Unfortunately, some people just like to ruin it for others. But I still won't think that anyone who watches them is disrespectful to the developers since they don't exactly get harmed by people playing it early. At least in no way I can think of right now.

19 hours ago, sagman12PC said:

Why does it matter if some scenes are viewed now? Not trying to troll, im legit curious. I feel the same way about movies too. Guess i am in the minority

It's probably too subjective to find a reason which encompasses every person's own view on the matter with just one explanation. You are free to watch them and I don't think there's anything wrong with that opinion.

I think many people just value that feeling of excitement that comes with playing or seeing something for the very first time. That's not something that can be replicated by normal means and it's a different emotion compared to the second or nth time playing a game.

Knowing what will happen won't necessarily diminish the joy of playing it yourself, but each bit of knowledge removes a little from that feeling mentioned above and of the surprise some moments might carry. It's not the same for everyone and not everyone shares the same level of excitement or is even invested in the franchise the same way, but I can understand most views on the matter. I can only tell you that a lot of people cherish the experience of a first playthrough of a series they love without knowing everything a lot more than others. And if that's what it takes for them to be happy, I think it's just as reasonable as being curious and indulging in the leaks?

Edited by Merilly

Yeah you guys be careful out there, my homie got spoiled to two things earlier today and they were YouTube thumbnails, but they spoiled stuff  so please be careful out there. 5 days til Japan release and 9 for US. HANG IN THERE!!!

8 hours ago, sagman12PC said:

I'm kind of the same way. And especially when it comes to videogames for some reason. I guess its because even if you do find out what happens, you still have the fun of actually playing a game to fall back on. Whereas with movies and books its like once you know what happens, it won't happen any differently but in vidoegames it can. 

The best example I can give would be Metal Gear solid series, I always used to spoil them for myself but they are all still amazing games because the tense stealth and epic action sequences are still really fun to actually play. 

So yes I have seen a lot of the leaked stuff, but it does seem like its been getting a lot more frequent over the last 24 hours with more bosses and cut scenes appearing. So do be careful what you are clicking on. :)

9 hours ago, sagman12PC said:

I guess it depends on the person, and the game/movie/whatever.

For most games I play I'm not so worried about spoilers. I wont try and find them, but I wont go out of my way to avoid them either. Kingdom Hearts is different, the wait has been so long and I want to be surprised along the way. 

The only other time I've avoided spoilers to this degree was with Avengers Infinity War, and even then not to the level of KH3.

I saw a potential leak in a thumbnail on Youtube yesterday, although at the same time I kind of doubt its authenticity until I play the game, because the animation style looked kind of weird. Then again it was a thumbnail, so it's kind of hard to tell. 

10 hours ago, sagman12PC said:

That's the way I feel about spoilers/leaks. I'm going to play the game and see these things anyway, so usually I don't really care. Although with Kingdom Hearts 3, I've been actively trying to avoid them. I don't know why this time is different, but for some reason with KH3 I want to know as little about the game's events as possible until I play it. But I also think that your approach is a very healthy mindset. We should never let leaks and spoilers ruin our experience.  

11 hours ago, sagman12PC said:

You're not as much in the minority as you might think. Normally I don't care about spoilers that much. Especially when it comes to movies. It's just with KHIII I just want experience the game for myself and be surprised, so even thumbnails with spoilers on Youtube freak me out now lol.

I keep getting recommendations on Youtube mostly Aqua spoilers though (DAMNED I WANT TO EXPIERENCE THAT MYSELF XD) and once in the time certain gameplay videos so I keep cleaning my history browser everyday. Most of the times I don't care about spoilers but KH3 is such a special thing to me like realy personal after waiting so long and more in my life that I want to go in as blind as possible. I have a lot of respect for the Mods here who don't want to be spoilered but are willing to put aside there own reasons  to help people like me not to get spoilered.

Just 9 more days

32 minutes ago, KeybladeMasterBalo said:

Don't know if the leakers got reported or something but the leaks are gone from the recommendations, I really hope it's the case since I enjoy watching youtube but was really freaked out when I saw some thumbnails pop up :v

I've started only watching Youtube in incognito mode. It doesn't remember my watch history so it doesn't recommend stuff. Including potential Kingdom Hearts leaks.

Alright guys, can’t stress it enough that the leaks for KH3 are here and are all over the place. A friend of mine shared a tweet with me by @KHWikiFr. I’ll post a pic of the tweet below but you guys please please please be careful out there if you want to avoid leaks. I’m not too sure of the legitimacy, but it’s better to be safe than sorry. 6A4FF88C-65F9-44A4-954F-37CD01CAAD46.thumb.png.c67d618489900a40ddcb033a44c1829d.png

On 1/20/2019 at 9:21 PM, Tyranto Rex said:

AlarmedAnguishedKiskadee-mobile.jpg

Oh yeah, I keep getting HUGE SPOILERS IN MY YOUTUBE RECCOMENDED FEED!!

AND AS A PERSON WHO HAS A VERY, VERY HUGE WEAKNESS FOR SPOILERS THIS IS MAKING THINGS SO DIFFICULT!!! T^T

I dont mind being spoiled on tv shows, movies, or even books because it just hypes me up more to see everything in context and even while I'm watching the thing I get so excited when the part I know is coming up is about to happen. I am the type of person who looks up the full synopsis of almost all movies before i go see them. (Mostly as a way to make sure I'm not wasting my money and time on a movie i wont end up liking)

But yeah, I love spoilers when I choose to seek them out.

With that in mind can you see why this is so freaking hard?! The titles of these things are even spoilers and I am so SOOOOOO tempted!!! And when i see them, I just wants to know and click SO baaaaaad!!!

Even spoilers loving me though has things I want to see for the first time in game but OH MAN are these leaks just everywhere now and it is wearing me down!!!

T^T

Edited by Fates Chance XIII