Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DemyxIsBest

GIGANTIC PLOT SPOILERS CONFIRMED TRUE (not in thread)

So yeah if you really want to look you’ll find the link to the discussion of the PM leaks on Resetera but I can’t wait for the release of the game cause there’s gonna be such outrage.

Nomura wasn’t lying when he said the ending would be hard to swallow. Oh man I can’t wait for the reactions.

alternatively if you want to know PM me

Edited by DemyxIsBest

On 1/21/2019 at 12:16 PM, Alan Smithee said:

Same here.

Unfortunately, my fears (about the writing) seem to have been confirmed; I'll probably be jumping ship any day now.

Yeah, felt the writing was lacking, but I still enjoyed it (though I would say that a sizable number will feel very disappointed). Though that ending, hmph. I honestly can't wait for what comes next.

Although I enjoyed KH 3 thus far, I'm not going to defend it and say that what I've seen is perfect. The ending sequences were a beautiful cluster fox trot as usual and it felt like they couldn't keep up with their own story at times so they gave up on trying to explain some things, yet there were moments in there that made me genuinely cry and some lines made me laugh or go 'aww'. Even though Sora is the main character, I feel like they could've done more with some of the characters, including Sora himself. KH games have always been average at their worst,  so I'm going to stay for a while and hope things get better.

Edited by ITzDarthLordRevan

I do not know what the ending is. I'm not looking it up, and I am not asking anyone to message me or tell me what that ending is. I am just making this post and leaving. I will not read any quotes or replies to this post. I DO NOT WANT TO KNOW THE ENDING!!! But I just want to remind everyone that these stolen copies are missing both the EPILOGUE and SECRET ENDING! These can be crucial to the game (and Nomura even confirms as much). Let's look at BBS as an example.

BBS Epilogue: It reveals that Ven's heart took shelter in Young Sora's heart, Terra's body landed in Radiant Garden, and that Aqua is alive and exploring the Realm of Darkness.

BBS Secret Ending: Terra is still fighting Master Xehanort within his body, Ansem the Wise is still alive, and many people that we thought were lost forever (Namine, Roxas, Axel, Xion, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua) could be saved once Sora set off on his next adventure.

The epilogue and secret ending can literally change EVERYTHING. For BBS, it turns a depressing story about 2 protagonists dying and 1 protagonist stuck in what is essentially KH hell, into one of hope for not only the 3 protagonists, but for other beloved characters as well, and an exciting future to be explored. I'm not saying the epilogue & secret ending will definitely redeem KH3, and I'm not saying you shouldn't leave the franchise. I'm just asking you to be fair, and wait until you see the FULL story before you pass judgement.

I won't look it up either but I have to admit that these verdicts don't sound so promising. While some of you did write they still enjoyed the game, it doesn't really sound like it's a good game if I read some are prepared to leave the franchise. 'Enjoy' just sounds like something you can say to a lot of games which doesn't make it good, special or even worth it as the climax to a saga.

I'll still want to experience it for myself and form my own opinion but if so many people criticize certain aspects, it would be a lie to say I'm not anxious if this will be a terrible game in terms of story and could potentially ruin the franchise. There's only so much an epilogue can fix after all. It might be able to complete the ending but might not be able to make everything concise.

Maybe they should have taken more time to work on the characters instead of adding things no one really needs or wants like a plethora of mini-games. I just hope it will not be as bad as some say. It's not like I don't believe either of you but some things can't be objectively stated and applied to everyone. And especially for those who have been hyping it up to the sky, I feel like expectations not being met could also add to it, which makes me question how much KH3 can achieve of those.

I don't know what the ending is either. But, I remember one thing: kh2 had only 9 minutes of cutscenes featuring Axel, while kh2fm expanded quite a lot some obscure plot points. So, keep in mind that what we will get in one week is the disney edition. The editor's cut will come during the year.

This prepared to leave the franchise nonsense is just uproar over the divisiness of the ending, I’ve heard 3 leaker reviews. One said 7.3/10, the rambler who kept contradicting himself and admits he only plays by mashing X, a 9.5/10, admittedly from a hype jobber kind of leaker and the most reliable leaker who has recorded all the leaked footage gave it an 8.8/10.

I might get cautioned for this but im not lying I’ve watched p much all the Keyblade Graveyard footage and it is epic as shit. (Probs what prompted the original leaker to cry out GOTY).

Wow. People sure are negative about it. I think a lot of people just had way too high expectations. I mean, sure I can understand why. We've been waiting for YEARS for this game. But this happened to FF15 as well (I still love FF15 just to be clear). 
Now I don't know anything about the ending. I think it's kinda stupid to look up the ending of a game you've been looking forward for years. Just my opinion. But didn't Nomura say they've left out the epilogue/secret ending(s) and stuff and saved them for the day 1 patch? So that means this isn't even the full ending.
Also, leaving the franchise over an ending seems really silly to me. 

Epic doesn't mean good writing.
But Kingdom Hearts is not known for its writing quality. It is known for the lore and the characters that are very expressive and make you feel intense emotions. And Kingdom Hearts principle has been build on trying insane concepts no one ever tried. So in a sense it is good that they try things, no matter how controversial they end up among the community.

14 minutes ago, cyntix said:

Epic doesn't mean good writing.
But Kingdom Hearts is not known for its writing quality. It is known for the lore and the characters that are very expressive and make you feel intense emotions. And Kingdom Hearts principle has been build on trying insane concepts no one ever tried. So in a sense it is good that they try things, no matter how controversial they end up among the community.

No epic doesn’t mean good writing but it means bloody good gameplay, which at the end of the day is why we play a game and not watch TV.

4 minutes ago, DemyxIsBest said:

No epic doesn’t mean good writing but it means bloody good gameplay, which at the end of the day is why we play a game and not watch TV.

Amen to that. :)

Edited by cyntix

3 hours ago, 2 quid is good said:

"The Disney Edition"

That's probably the perfect way to describe KH3;it's a huge Disney edition. The original stuff has really been scaled back *a lot* and to its detriment I feel.

That's one of the things I've been extremely worried about. Disney's increased involvement and them being a lot more critical with the content of KH3. If we compare the interviews from previous games where Nomura said they more or less allowed everything except for a few things and newer ones where he said it was difficult, it's obvious that Disney played a huge role in this.

I'm not hating on Disney but from the very beginning of KH3's development, it felt like Disney was pushing its own properties more than KH's original content. Now, KH does belong to them officially, but we all know that they haven't been that interested in the franchise until KH3 rolled around since it was something they considered small and because they didn't develop it, it was a side project at best. I just found that all Disney characters looked significantly better in the beginning compared to original characters and that perfectionism isn't easy to work with.

Both Pixar and Disney are great with animated movies. The problem is that I fear they know little about the limitations of video games and demand more than is realistically possible. 

1 hour ago, DemyxIsBest said:

I actually don't play it for the gameplay alone, not even for the most part. I do enjoy it of course and it's fun but what made me choose and stick to KH over the hundreds of other games was its story. Because other games have brilliant gameplay as well.

Of course you are right that a game is ultimately hard to enjoy when the gameplay is terrible because it's what we do for a majority of the game. Then it would make more sense to make a movie or series rather than a game. But in terms of RPGs, I mostly play them for the story.

Still, you are right that an epic boss battle or combat in general does not signify good writing but simply great work in terms of gameplay.

Btw, thanks for sharing these things (such as subjective ratings and explanations) without spoilers. I am curious what people think about the game but don't want to be spoiled too much so that's a really good thread for that. It's great that you, and everyone else who has replied to this, are very careful with your wording so nothing gets accidentally spoiled. It at least provides some clarity, which is admittedly hard to achieve without revealing too much.

Edited by Merilly

On another forum someone said to me: yes it is more disney but the kh story evolves within those worlds.
In KH2 the disney worlds had no impact on the main plot. Almost like a filler.
In kh3 apparently, you can have crazy plot information in the middle of a disney world.
So for sure it is a change.

4 minutes ago, cyntix said:

On another forum someone said to me: yes it is more disney but the kh story evolves within those worlds.
In KH2 the disney worlds had no impact on the main plot. Almost like a filler.
In kh3 apparently, you can have crazy plot information in the middle of a disney world.
So for sure it is a change.

That's exactly what I mean. It's nice that Disney worlds have more overall plot relevance, but I'd rather have the original worlds fleshed out more, or at the least playable. If Kingdom Hearts had jank oc stuff, then people would not be attracted to it in the same way. It's because of the strength of the Original Worlds, whether in scale, design or plot, that helps the player feel more connected, unless of course they're in it for the gameplay xp

7 minutes ago, 2 quid is good said:

That's exactly what I mean. It's nice that Disney worlds have more overall plot relevance, but I'd rather have the original worlds fleshed out more, or at the least playable. If Kingdom Hearts had jank oc stuff, then people would not be attracted to it in the same way. It's because of the strength of the Original Worlds, whether in scale, design or plot, that helps the player feel more connected, unless of course they're in it for the gameplay xp

That's what I meant by Disney edition. You can be sure that now that Disney is satisfied with the base product, Square is already working on the final mix version with more focus on the original worlds. I can easily see new worlds as part of future dlc that expand the gameplay like the cavern of remembrance did.
I think of

Spoiler

Radient garden
The world that never was
Castle oblivion/Land of depature
More twilight town

If we think about it, it is not that new. The additional content of previous games always improved the original plot, giving more depth to the gameplay. I am not worried at all. Remember when they announced that they would redo chain of memories from scratch on ps2, how crazy people were.

2 hours ago, cyntix said:

That's what I meant by Disney edition. You can be sure that now that Disney is satisfied with the base product, Square is already working on the final mix version with more focus on the original worlds. I can easily see new worlds as part of future dlc that expand the gameplay like the cavern of remembrance did.
I think of

worlds that are not currently in kh3 (Reveal hidden contents)

Radient garden
The world that never was
Castle oblivion/Land of depature
More twilight town

If we think about it, it is not that new. The additional content of previous games always improved the original plot, giving more depth to the gameplay. I am not worried at all. Remember when they announced that they would redo chain of memories from scratch on ps2, how crazy people were.

I dunno I really don't think they would add that many original worlds for future DLC. The game is already really big and the games always have less original worlds than Disney, and this games has only 8 Disney worlds. It's not a new thing. However if they expand other worlds I would be completely fine with that. It's basically the same with every game, so I don't see why KH3 is any different. The promotions have been focusing more on the Disney aspects cause that is what attracts newcomers.

I guess I'll find out for myself how the game works out for original content (like the ending) but I really don't think Disney should be blamed for any crazy writing that the series has been known for. While I love the series and it's crazy plots they have had really really bad writing before so I guess I'm more concerned about the characters then the overall plot cause I expected it to be weird. It might just be a case of with so many plots and characters to wrap up they just bit off more than they could chew. One of the reasons why I'm looking forward to a fresh start.

Edited by Tyranto Rex

I'm not enraged by the ending nor do I hate the game and I'm not angry at it one bit of any of it. It was pretty epic to watch admittedly, but It'S just some of the choices they made for the characters made me go "why?" in more of a confused way than an angry way. Watching and talking to people who are more critical on the plot has conditioned me to start looking at the series in a different light instead of looking through it with rose-colored glasses like I used to. Enjoyable gameplay is important to making a game, a game, but I've always been slightly more invested in the story, especially the characters, since day 1. I wish for the game to be improved plot-wise and gameplay-wise just as much as anyone else. Doesn't make me love the series any less and I'm sure I'll be here still to see the future of the series after KH 3.

I'm also not here to make anyone worry, I'm just here to state my opinion and leave it at that. My opinion is mine and you should take it with a grain of salt since we all have our own opinions and I'm sure some people will have different opinions on it than me and will either be much more upset with certain things or like certain things more than I do. I'll tell you this much, my reaction to the game did seem much different from the two brothers since I wasn't angered nor was I underwhelmed by it. I'm sure my initial reaction will probably change a lot once I take in the game as a whole. 

Edited by ITzDarthLordRevan

1 hour ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

I'm not enraged by the ending nor do I hate the game and I'm not angry at it one bit at any of it and of it was pretty epic to watch admittedly, but It just some of the choices they made for the characters made me go "why?" in more of a confused way than an angry way. I think watching and talking to people who are more critical on the plot has conditioned me to start looking at the series in a different light instead of looking through it with rose-colored glasses like I used to. Enjoyable gameplay is important to making a game, a game, but I've always been slightly more invested in the story, especially the characters, since day 1. I wish for the game to be improved plot-wise and gameplay-wise just as much as anyone else. Doesn't make me love the series any less and I'm sure I'll be here still to see the future of the series after KH 3.

I'm also not here to make anyone worry, I'm just here to state my opinion and leave it at that. My opinion is mine and you should take it with a grain of salt since we all have our own opinions and I'm sure some people will have different opinions on it than me and will either be much more upset with certain things or like certain things more than I do. I'll tell you this much, my reaction to the game did seem much different from the two brothers since I wasn't angered nor was I underwhelmed by it. I'm sure my initial reaction will probably change a lot once I take in the game as a whole. 

To be honest, it's healthy not to glorify every little decision they made. Even if it's just a subjective feeling or objective plot holes, it's valid to be a fan who will look at it from more angles than just the superficial halo some are putting above the games. Every game, or even any type of fiction, has flaws and I see no issues to name them, even if others think differently. I mean, you're doing it in a neutral way which is totally fine. I tend to do the same and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I find it more questionable when people have only positive opinions because I find it hard to believe they'd like everything, just as I question why some "fans" only complain since it makes me wonder why they even continue playing the franchise if it upsets them so much.

I'm not worried by a single post but rather by the collective amount I've seen without searching for it. It just feels like a lot of negativity even if it may not be the same for me. The problem here are my own doubts I had from the very beginning and these post were merely adding fuel to a fire that was already burning.

I've been worried about how the characters could have their stories resolved from the point they added up more and more after BBS. It's basically like Infinity War. If you throw this many characters together, a lot of which have been the main focus of a game or more, it becomes hard to do all of them justice. And even if games can have more volume than a movie, it shouldn't feel like you can only walk one step before the next cutscene happens or have 15 minute-long scenes to sit through.

Either way, I still value having read your opinion. My anxious feelings weren't created by your post alone and I think it's actually good to be prepared. I will always take reviews and opinions with a grain of salt because games only have few objective criteria and many subjective ones. It still interests me what others think of this or that though, regardless of my own opinion potentially differing from yours in the end so I'll look forward to actually being able to discuss them in the future. :D

I failed. Here are just some emotions I am feeling (no actual spoilers but all the same I'll put them under a cut).

Spoiler

I think I am more confused than anything. I don't know too much details as I have not looked too much but I got the main gist. But most stuff I am either pretty angry over or just kinda meh about so here's hoping the epilogue and secret ending fixes some stuff. I really feel like I should discuss some stuff with someone cause I'm feeling nervous about certain aspects that I might need to chill about. 

i have no idea what anyone is taking about but somebody just sent me a message on another website making a claim, the kind of obvious fake spoiler but at the same time just might be true and now im furious cause cause theres a 50% someone has ruined for for no reason 

just needed to vent 

1 hour ago, ocean's rage said:

i have no idea what anyone is taking about but somebody just sent me a message on another website making a claim, the kind of obvious fake spoiler but at the same time just might be true and now im furious cause cause theres a 50% someone has ruined for for no reason 

just needed to vent 

Wow that sucks. I don't know if it's real or not but either way there are people being terrible.

“Some people just want see the world burn, Master Wayne.”

It would be nice if people learned that kind of behavior isn’t okay, but stuff happens. Essentially I don’t look at messages outside of trusted people on trusted platforms rn because of stuff like this. I feel for anyone that has been spoiled, or given the impression they have been over this game meant to be a love letter to fans after so long. :(