Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
NoHeartVersed

Face My Fears written in the same key as Kingdom Hearts II's Passion; contains the same chords as Dearly Beloved

A discovery has been made in a tweet from helloneet on Twitter. Helloneet tweeted a video showing himself playing Face My Fears on piano and discovering that it uses the same chords as the original Kingdom Hearts' Dearly Beloved!

Skrillex then replied to this tweet, revealing that Face My Fears is also written in the same key as Passion, making it easier for him to do live mashups of the two songs. You can check out the video below:

"Face My Fears" is available worldwide; the album song can be bought from the Apple Store, Google Play Music, and Amazon as well as streamed on Spotify. For lyrics and more information, click here.

The Face My Fears EP just reached number one in the iTunes International Album chart, you can find out more about this here.

How do you feel about Skrillex' enthusiasm towards Utada Hikaru's music? Share your thoughts in the comments below! 

View full article

Not to be “that guy” but I thought this was obvious. Well, the bit about dearly beloved anyway - it basically plays the notes as part of the melody if you listen carefully. Skrillex did say he was a huge fan of the series so it’s unsurprising that he would make a nod to key themes. “Face my Fears” is really growing on me and I can’t wait to see it in the context of the game next week! ?

29 minutes ago, Jonbob said:

Not to be “that guy” but I thought this was obvious. Well, the bit about dearly beloved anyway - it basically plays the notes as part of the melody if you listen carefully. Skrillex did say he was a huge fan of the series so it’s unsurprising that he would make a nod to key themes. “Face my Fears” is really growing on me and I can’t wait to see it in the context of the game next week! ?

Not everyone is as musically inclined, and may have missed it. I noticed it too myself but it's worth having it out there for those who didn't.

Hearing Face my Fears in game while watching the opening scene is going to fill me with too many emotions ?

While I had my feelings on that song and to why I've been feeling something familiar this is amazing to see and hear that it actually does call back to that!

No wonder I love the song so much ;D Two of my favorite songs mashed together to make a beautiful new one.

3 hours ago, Jonbob said:

Really, I can't hear it. Where exactly do you hear "Dearly Beloved"? If you're referring to the piano motif in the beginning (and all along) then the notes are not the same as "Dearly Beloved" in that part. In fact, the chords are only the same as "Dearly Beloved" during the drop (yes, the part that everyone has been hating is ironically based on everyone's favorite theme).

11 hours ago, PrinceNoctis said:

Really, I can't hear it. Where exactly do you hear "Dearly Beloved"? If you're referring to the piano motif in the beginning (and all along) then the notes are not the same as "Dearly Beloved" in that part. In fact, the chords are only the same as "Dearly Beloved" during the drop (yes, the part that everyone has been hating is ironically based on everyone's favorite theme).

Cant say that i hear it but i knew something felt familiar in this song. I am sure if we look up the notes than it will show up

10 hours ago, Dustin Lübbers said:

Cant say that i hear it but i knew something felt familiar in this song. I am sure if we look up the notes than it will show up

Saying he's using the same notes is very vague as only 12 notes exist in life, so it's very probable that they'd have notes in common. It's the melody and the chords we should be looking at. Dearly Beloved's melody is not the same as the melody in Face my Fears and the chords in Face my Fears only follow a similar pattern to the chords in Dearly Beloved during the drop.