Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
KHWaterBlock

Kingdom Hearts Orchestra -World of Tres- announced for worldwide tour; starting April 27, 2019

Today, with a Tangled animated short with music from the world, Kingdom Hearts series director Tetsuya Nomura announced another official Kingdom Hearts Orchestra -World of Tres-!

A translation of the announcement, provided by goldpanner, reads:

"I've been in a rush for every day's announcement and today is no different. We are holding a third Official Concert: KINGDOM HEARTS Orchestra -World of Tres-. It will have a lot of music from KHⅢ."
-Nomura

Kingdom Hearts Orchestra -World of Tres- will feature a score of songs throughout the series as well as new tracks from the soon to be released title, Kingdom Hearts III. It will also feature new video sequences projected on a giant screen. Each performance will be played by a top-notch orchestra and choir of more than 100 musicians. It will be touring in 17 cities around the world with 22 performances in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.

large_logo.png.ce4015da6d52e4e276e5620e58e767bc.png

The tour will start in Tokyo, Japan, on April 27, 2019, with three performance. It will then visit locations around the world, only to come back to Japan in Osaka, where it will have its last performance on November 30, 2019.

Locations in the United States include Chicago, Los Angeles, Orlando, New York City, Atlanta, and Dallas. The tour will also be coming to Canada, Mexico, and Brazil. In Europe, it will be visiting Cologne, Paris, and Milan and London. Singapore and Australia are more eastwards locations the tour will be visiting!

Pre-sale of the tickets for each of the showings will start as early as January 30, while the general sale of tickets will take place later on in February. For the Tokyo shows, the tickets can be reserved via a lottery system starting January 29.

You can find all the tour dates below; please note that all times are local times. Also note that concert schedule and ticketing information is subject to change without notification.

Date Location Venue More Information and Tickets
April 27-28, 2019 Tokyo (Japan)
Tokyo International Forum Hall A
  • April 27: [Lunch Performance] 11:30 Opening / Starting at 12:30
  • April 27: [Night Show] 17:30 Opening / Starting at 18:30
  • April 28: Opening at 11:30 / Starting at 12:30
  • Can be reserved via lottery from Square Enix e-Store from January 29 at 12:00 to February 11 at 18:00
  • Can be reserved via lottery from Kyodo Tokyo from February 26 at 12:00 to March 1 at 23:59
May 18, 2019

Singapore (Singapore)

Esplanade Concert Hall
June 1, 2019 Chicago (United States) Auditorium Theater of Roosevelt University
June 8, 2019 Los Angeles (United States) Dolby Theater
June 22, 2019 Orlando (United States) Walt Disney Theater
June 28 - 29, 2019 New York (United States) United Palace
July 13, 2019 Toronto (Canada) Sony Center
August 24, 2019 Cologne (Germany) Kölner Philharmonie
September 14, 2019 Atlanta (United States) Fox Theater
September 28, 2019 Paris (France) Palais des Congrès
  • Composer Yoko Shimomura will be in attendance. Meet-and-greet with signing and photo session available with VIP tickets.
  • Pre-sales from January 30, 2019 at 20:00
  • General sales from February 12, 2019
October 5, 2019 Milan (Italy) Teatro Arcimboldi
October 19, 2019 Sydney (Australia) Sydney Town Hall Centennial Hall
  • October 19: [Lunch Performance] Starting at 15:00
  • October 19: [Night Performance] Starting at 20:00
October 26, 2019     Dallas (United States) Verizon Theater at Grand Prairie
November 2, 2019 Sao Paulo (Brazil) Espação das Americas
November 17, 2019     London (UK) Eventim Apollo
  • Composer Yoko Shimomura will be in attendance. Meet-and-greet with signing and photo session available with Cat.1/VIP tickets.
November 23, 2019 Mexico City (Mexico) Auditorio Blackberry
November 30, 2019 Osaka (Japan)
Grand Cube Osaka
  • Details will be announced at a later date.

The Kingdom Hearts Orchestra series has amassed more than 80,000 spectators in the past two years. The first Kingdom Hearts Orchestra experiences took place back in 2017, with Kingdom Hearts Orchestra -First Breath- in Japan, followed by the Kingdom Hearts Orchestra -World Tour-. The -World Tour- was renewed for an Encore in 2018, adding old and new locations for the tour. The release date for Kingdom Hearts III was revealed during the Los Angeles show in June 2018.

View full article

Edited by Overshot_

8 minutes ago, Jonbob said:

Now THIS is news. Saw the London show for the last tour and will definitely be picking up tickets for this ???

There wasn't a London venue for the 2018 tour though - I specifically remember due to having to travel to Italy to see the show! Will definitely be picking up tickets for this tour though

1 minute ago, BVenngeance said:

There wasn't a London venue for the 2018 tour though - I specifically remember due to having to travel to Italy to see the show! Will definitely be picking up tickets for this tour though

The last tour was actually an extension of the previous tour. my guess is reception wasn't as good for an encore
Anyway, I shall be going to the London show as well! 

9 minutes ago, BVenngeance said:

It was just after the launch of 2.8 - so must have been 2017. I remember because the audience went nuts when the orchestra played the final boss theme from 0.2 ?

I’ve seen lots of “films with orchestra” type shows and this was definitely the best one yet.

Edited by Jonbob
Spelling

1 hour ago, Novayon said:

This is something I feel I should go to, given how much I like the music of KH. But I've never even been to London ?

If you like the music then this is an absolute must. Live and fully orchestrated character/world/battle themes beautifully complemented by carefully crafted footage from all the games on a big screen. As well as the big overarching KH themes. Plus you are surrounded by hundreds of people who love the games as much as you do. It’s honestly a fantastic experience ??? even my partner, who has never played a KH game, really enjoyed himself. 

Edited by Jonbob
Spelling

1 hour ago, Novayon said:

This is something I feel I should go to, given how much I like the music of KH. But I've never even been to London

You'll be alright! We are planning to organize another KH13 Meetup for London!

I live in Orlando Florida, but I don't see that city on the schedule.  The next best city is Atlanta.  I've never been to any of the KH Concerts.  I'm really hoping I can go this year.  I just checked the link, Orlando is listed on the site schedule.  :)  

Edited by Mark Cummings

18 minutes ago, Mark Cummings said:

I live in Orlando Florida, but I don't see that city on the schedule.  The next best city is Atlanta.  I've never been to any of the KH Concerts.  I'm really hoping I can go this year.  I just checked the link, Orlando is listed on the site schedule.  :)  

Apologies, I have now put it in! Thanks!

I'd love to go so badly but I live way too far away from any of these states in the US :/. Hopefully they'll do more dates that are at least closer to my home state if they do more after these ones :P. I hope anyone who goes to them has a boat load of fun though ^-^

3 hours ago, Jonbob said:

If you like the music then this is an absolute must. Live and fully orchestrated character/world/battle themes beautifully complemented by carefully crafted footage from all the games on a big screen. As well as the big overarching KH themes. Plus you are surrounded by hundreds of people who love the games as much as you do. It’s honestly a fantastic experience ??? even my partner, who has never played a KH game, really enjoyed himself. 

It does sound great, I'd love to hear KH music live like that.

3 hours ago, Aquaberry said:

You'll be alright! We are planning to organize another KH13 Meetup for London!

That's pretty cool. That's something I would both want to, and be frightened of, going to. lol.

I'm VERY excited for this. In fact, I may actually attend. I've never been to a concert before so why not start with some of the greatest video game music of all time? Like I said, I'm excited for this. I also hope they release an album after the orchestra performances conclude, like they did with -First Breath- and -World Tour-. 

I went to the one in London in 2017 and Munich in 2018, so this time it will be Cologne :D. It's actually convenient for those attending the gamescom since it's taking place on the last day of the convention.

I already booked a room and will immediately buy the tickets when they become available. >_< I'm so excited since I absolutely adored the other two concerts. Even if there weren't many differences, but hearing it live is just such an emotional experience and both times, they performed just brilliantly. The one in London felt a bit more precise but they were still so worth it. 

I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who hasn't gone and has the possibility to attend one. It's well worth the money and a unique kind of experience you won't be able to witness every day.

-casually wonders if I can afford to go to the New York concert-

I'm sad I've missed every other Kingdom Hearts Orchestrated concert to date and would love to finally catch one!

15 hours ago, Novayon said:

That's pretty cool. That's something I would both want to, and be frightened of, going to. lol.

We don't bite haha always happy to meet other fans in the community. Also, we'll have some freebies!